Help me pick which set of wheels

Double

I'll only put factory wheels on. I thought it would a neat upgrade though it was really hard for me to make 20" Huracan Mimas wheels work with my Diablo - but I did and they ride perfect. However, I admit that it looked off to me the first time that I saw them on the car. So despite what it took to get them on, I'm thinking about changing them. Please give some objective input. Thanks.

Here is as it is now.

Attach72680_20171130_154653.jpg

Attach72750_20171130_184753.jpg

Attach72751_20171130_184949.jpg

20171202_142410.jpg

26678084_10215544247224555_6981847822024895283_o.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This option would be a straight bolt-on. I like it because it's a cleaner look than the Diablo SV modular wheels, and just a bit more modern.

Lamborghini_Murcielago_LP670SV_3.jpg_original.jpeg

Lamborghini_Murcielago_LP670SV_4.jpg

Lamborghini_Murcielago_LP670SV_7.jpg

Lamborghini_Murcielago_LP670SV_2.jpg_original.jpeg

Finally, here are the stock Diablo SV wheels. Someday I'll sell the car and these will have to go with it anyway.. I like the stepped-look in the back but they're just so old-school and I was trying to modernize the car when I modded it.

Lamborghini_Diablo_SV_Black_Wheels_1.jpg_original.jpeg

Lamborghini_Diablo_SV_Black_Wheels_5.jpg_original.jpeg

Black_Lamborghini_Diablo_GT.jpg_original.jpeg

The Diablo wheels fit the look of the car the best. The Huracan wheels just look too hoopty for the Diablo, beautiful wheels, but just not in this application.

The two guys above know PLENTY about what works and what doesn’t on a Diablo, heed their advice for sure.

The Huracan wheels just look too hoopty for the Diablo, beautiful wheels, but just not in this application.

Bingo. Strange how they work with the modern lines of a Huracan, but not here.

Huracan_Mimas_Blue.jpg

I do have these HRE on mine...

Besides the fact that HRE wheels are among the best in quality, the look of those takes the original design and makes it sleeker. And also, that wheel design capitalizes on the very low offset of the vehicle in the rear that affords that deeeep lip. So those wheels make sense.

18010396_10208958033094421_1674240637075933878_n.jpg

The issue that you have is at the rear, the lack of bumper-bar and the fact that the Huracan wheels are “see through ” takes away from the bulkiness therefore aggressiveness of the Diablo design.

They look completely wrong (at least in the photos) IMO, you need a solid monoblock to feel the space nicely like the original wheel does, the other thing which detracts visually with the Huracan wheel on is the size of the disk brakes at the rear.

Diablo SV wheels.

I agree with the previous statements.

The OEM wheels have a visual “heft” in keeping with the look and size of the car.

The see-through styles don’t have presence to compliment THAT car.

Really great stuff, here. 'See-through', heft, design of the car, and even hoopty - all clarified what I couldn't figure out.

Decision made - original SV wheels. Also going with the original traditional Pirelli Asimmetrico tires in the correct original 235 front tire size.

Thank-you all, I'm grateful.

Really great stuff, here. 'See-through', heft, design of the car, and even hoopty - all clarified what I couldn't figure out.

Decision made - original SV wheels. Also going with the original traditional Pirelli Asimmetrico tires in the correct original 235 front tire size.

Great choice, post pictures when you get it done. Beautiful car.

:icon_thumleft:

Howard, it's your car, do what makes you happy. Personally I'd go with oem or my personal choice that appears to be dated these days in the eyes of most...

mike_hatami_diablo_6.0.jpg

My vote is for the factory Diablo wheels.

:iamwithstupid: They look proper on the car

Howard, it's your car, do what makes you happy. Personally I'd go with oem or my personal choice that appears to be dated these days in the eyes of most...

I like those

Personally I'd go with oem or my personal choice that appears to be dated these days in the eyes of most...

But how about these?? ;)

left_rear.jpg

On another note, how hard is it to source OEM SV wheels today?

Murcielago SV? Pretty hard.

Diablo SV? Impossible.

We recently liberated three sets from a tuner in Russia; he bought out the previous company and literally found three sets new-in-the-boxes in a closet. Nothing like sending a wire across the world to someone you don't know to get them but I had a good feeling about the deal.

We got some sets of LP670 wheels from Alcoa's finisher here in the U.S. They were still brand-new. And I come across a pre-owned set about once/year on average. I should have bought DRVIPERDDS' wheels ... if-only for the center caps. True LP670SV center caps are now obsolete. The regular round caps fit fine and look good. But I'd love to have those correct caps.

I don't know much about finding cars. But I can find wheels.

Murcielago SV? Pretty hard.

Diablo SV? Impossible.

We recently liberated three sets from a tuner in Russia; he bought out the previous company and literally found three sets new-in-the-boxes in a closet. Nothing like sending a wire across the world to someone you don't know to get them but I had a good feeling about the deal.

We got some sets of LP670 wheels from Alcoa's finisher here in the U.S. They were still brand-new. And I come across a pre-owned set about once/year on average. I should have bought DRVIPERDDS' wheels ... if-only for the center caps. True LP670SV center caps are now obsolete. The regular round caps fit fine and look good. But I'd love to have those correct caps.

I don't know much about finding cars. But I can find wheels.

The last few single Diablo SV wheels I've found were literally buried in warehouses or lofts and were free. Somehow we got together a full set of four for our friend's car.