> Anyone spent time in these?, 57s / Azure / Brooklands
HannibalACP82
post Dec 29 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #21

LP Cheerleader

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 24,965

QUOTE (Plastique999 @ Dec 30 2015, 01:59 AM) *
I second this....the FS has a modern, elegant, classic look and the engine is pretty much bullet proof.
I've contemplated selling mine but it's such a great reliable sedan.

Does yours have the 6.0 W12? I am loving the 5.2 V10 in my S8 and whenever we come back to the US I could see going for an A8L W12 but man it would be tempting to just go for a FS.

--------------------

QUOTE (TeamSalamone @ Sep 10 2014, 09:25 AM) *
"There is no substitute for sexy.. and sexy is high maintenance and expensive with both women and cars ... Deal with it proudly like a Baller ". TEAMSALAMONE 2014
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Robster Craws
post Dec 29 2015, 10:02 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 60,315

QUOTE (HannibalACP82 @ Dec 29 2015, 10:56 PM) *
Link is busted for me but I know 3 members we could ask to go take s look at it in person.

Try this
http://www.pittsburgh.bentleymotors.com/mo...597/?doPDF=true
+Quote Post
HannibalACP82
post Dec 29 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #23

LP Cheerleader

Member No.: 24,965

QUOTE (Robster Craws @ Dec 30 2015, 02:02 AM) *

Still busted but it is probably my phone over here in Hong Kong. I looked it up through the website. Certainly looks clean. I'd need to see that interior in person to know for sure. The woodgrain is old man but let's face it...the whole car is old man. wink.gif

--------------------

QUOTE (TeamSalamone @ Sep 10 2014, 09:25 AM) *
"There is no substitute for sexy.. and sexy is high maintenance and expensive with both women and cars ... Deal with it proudly like a Baller ". TEAMSALAMONE 2014
+Quote Post
Steve Miller
post Dec 30 2015, 06:15 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 209,045

QUOTE (Robster Craws @ Dec 29 2015, 11:56 PM) *

Given the mixed reviews on electronics, I'd be mighty hesitant to look at one that suffered water damage. I was looking at this one the other day..

--------------------

"I remember how little I knew when I knew it all"
+Quote Post
bWiLKINS
post Dec 30 2015, 06:18 AM
Post #25

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 213,871

QUOTE (ATL_ @ Dec 29 2015, 05:36 PM) *
After digging in a bit, it seems like an Arnage T would be a cool option. Speaking generally, there seems to be a ~40%+ premium for the 2005 and later face lifted cars. As you mentioned, this likely cures a lot of the electronic issues. Think the premium is worth it?

The premium for the facelifted cars is definitely worth it. The facelift came with the VAG purchase of Bentley and they changed a lot of stuff that was downright archaic from the pre-face lift cars both cosmetic and electronically. As was mentioned below your comment, the 07 cars also got the ZF transmission which is a 6spd, I forgot about that change. They also got a push button start that is located by the gearshift on the center console although you still have to put the key in the ignition so its more of a novelty than anything. The 05/06 cars still have the GM 5spd transmission which in my opinion is just as good as the ZF trans albeit less one speed.They are both tried and true transmissions that wont give you any problems. The 05/06 also still have the pixel display info screen between the speedo and tach on the dash whereas in 07 they moved to a full LCD screen that is slightly larger. The pixel display still does everything it needs to but the LCD is a bit more modern looking and easier to read. . The 40% premium for the facelifted cars is worth it just for the better headlights and center console if you ask me. If you can find a good 07+ with the right miles/history and colours that should be your top pick, I couldnt find one around here so I settled for my 05 however if/when I buy another one I will go with an 07+.

--------------------

Phantom Coupe
Audi S8
Maserati Quattroporte
Dodge Challenger SRT
BMW E39 M5
R32 Nissan Skyline
JZX90 Toyota Mark II
MazdaSpeed Protege
Cadillac Fleetwood

+Quote Post
ATL_
post Dec 30 2015, 05:40 PM
Post #26

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 148,395

Thanks, gentlemen. I will report back on progress.

--------------------

LP570-4 Superleggera
'99 Diablo Roadster
+Quote Post
ATL_
post Feb 13 2016, 11:27 AM
Post #27

This interior makes me happy. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Arnage-T-/...em=182017164583

Still on the lookout for the right car - this may be it but the silver exterior is rather boring.

--------------------

LP570-4 Superleggera
'99 Diablo Roadster
+Quote Post
Chipster
post Feb 13 2016, 12:17 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 3,902

Super nice Brooklands at Bentley Tysons corner in VA. I checked out a supersports there today.

--------------------

05 Gallardo - 6 speed, Arancio Borealis, RSC exhaust, SL wing, 560 bumper
15 Toyota Tundra Platinum -7" BDS, FUEL wheels and 37s, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP
13 Harley Road Glide Custom - 30" wheel, stretched bags, air ride
66 Ford Mustang Coupe - Restomod PROJECT
91 Diablo - 19/19" Work VS - SP Eng Intakes - Fabspeed - SOLD
07 Suzuki Hayabusa - 330mm rear, lowered, Eclipse wheels - SOLD
+Quote Post
luffy
post Feb 23 2016, 08:32 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 120,377

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Bentley/Arnage/...amp;orup=2_15_6

Works out to about $58k USD given how bad our CDN dollar is.
+Quote Post
Juice it
post Feb 23 2016, 09:06 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (luffy @ Feb 23 2016, 11:32 AM) *
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Bentley/Arnage/...amp;orup=2_15_6

Works out to about $58k USD given how bad our CDN dollar is.

That is a lot of car for the money. It has the level 2 sports package as well which was a big dollar option. Body style came out in 1999 and still holds up fairly well today.

--------------------

-Jeff
+Quote Post
bWiLKINS
post Feb 24 2016, 07:30 AM
Post #31

Just as a quick word of warning if you are considering that 07 T above, that car was for sale at that same dealer almost 2 years ago for the same price and has barely added any mileage since then. It was off the market for about 6 months then popped back up with a matte white wrap and some terrible looking wheels. It sat for sale like that forever again, looks like they have removed the wrap and switched to some less terrible wheels for the same price it was for sale as before. That car has done a LOT of sitting around, not sure I would want to buy one of these cars with miles that low. I would think you would be in for a world of hurt.

--------------------

Phantom Coupe
Audi S8
Maserati Quattroporte
Dodge Challenger SRT
BMW E39 M5
R32 Nissan Skyline
JZX90 Toyota Mark II
MazdaSpeed Protege
Cadillac Fleetwood

+Quote Post
ATL_
post Mar 15 2017, 07:39 PM
Post #32

Resurrecting this ... I think I found a car that checks out, older model and I did hear you suggestions loud and clear. I just want to cruise to dinner this summer with the wifey and baby. Have a little fun. The car checks out with top, service etc. can't get these guys to move much on price. Has been there for 1.5 yrs. I want to be VERY low $50s. Any advice other than paying more?
http://www.chariotsofpb.com/Chariots/Inven...BZK22E42CX01005

Edit: Since last posting here, top down has become an absolute must

--------------------

LP570-4 Superleggera
'99 Diablo Roadster
+Quote Post
ATL_
post Mar 16 2017, 07:12 AM
Post #33

Read through the thread again and am questioning the Azure if it really is that shitty to drive.

This has all of the right options but is not an 07+
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Bentley-Arnag...kc-&vxp=mtr

--------------------

LP570-4 Superleggera
'99 Diablo Roadster
+Quote Post
CallMeJarob
post Mar 16 2017, 07:24 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 207,726

My father in law has an 06 Arnage and it developed an ECU Control Module problem. The alarm will go off randomly (even while driving) and sometimes wont unlock. We went out to a nice restaurant and it was embarrassing when we had to drive off with the alarm sounding hah!

We "think" we fixed it for now with a simple flash but we have done that before and it came back, but for now it seems alright. Theres a company in the UK you can send the control module to and they will rebuild it better than new supposedly, thats our next step if it comes back.

Other than that he spent $65k on it with 5,000 miles and its incredible. Tons of power, extremely comfortable, looks the part and gets tons of attention.
+Quote Post
Kevin2772
post Mar 16 2017, 07:36 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 9,632

The azure is a boat. And floats along the road as such. Especially the one you linked with those tiny wheels. Back in high school I worked as a lot tech for a rolls and Bentley dealer in cincy here. So my experience is limited to just flaunting customer cars around. haha. But I have to say, that Arnage you posted is beautiful. I think that would be a lot more usable then putting a child in the back of a two door, even if the back seat is huge. Just wish that blue one had the Arnage T five spoke wheels
+Quote Post
CallMeJarob
post Mar 16 2017, 07:52 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 207,726

Theres a Black/Tan '06 Arnage T Mulliner loaded and mint with 31k miles running at the small local dealer auction today coincidentally.
+Quote Post
VCR
post Mar 16 2017, 08:41 AM
Post #37

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 3,591

QUOTE (ATL_ @ Mar 16 2017, 08:12 AM) *
Read through the thread again and am questioning the Azure if it really is that shitty to drive.

In a word, yes!

Seriously, it drives and rides like a boat. If you are just cruising on a road as smooth as airport tarmac, then fine. Any unevenness it upsets the car as the entire car simply flexes.

I would suggest you factor in your child as well. All these cars are as aerodynamically efficient as a brick wall (and likely weigh just as much) so the turbulence and wind buffs for the rear passenger with the top down is quite violent. Pretty sure that's not ideal for your child especially if he/she is a baby.

Arnage over the Azure anytime, anywhere and anyplace.

Good luck on your hunt.

+Quote Post
abolfaz
post Mar 16 2017, 08:52 AM
Post #38

Multi Lambo Owner
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,430

Most all of the azures ive seen have had horrible interior dye jobs. They are getting down there in price though.

--------------------

“Never pass up the opportunity to have sex or be on television.” - Gore Vidal

+Quote Post
bWiLKINS
post Mar 20 2017, 12:24 PM
Post #39

That Mulliner Arnage was a much better buy then the 02 Azure you had a link for. I dont know how you could stand looking at the dash in the Azures, I quite like the exterior of them but the interior is just so dated looking I dont think I could ever buy one. Would definitely go for an Arnage. I am on the hunt for an 09 Brooklands since I sold my Arnage last year, trying to find one up here in Canada already but I think I am going to have to resort to buying from the US.

--------------------

Phantom Coupe
Audi S8
Maserati Quattroporte
Dodge Challenger SRT
BMW E39 M5
R32 Nissan Skyline
JZX90 Toyota Mark II
MazdaSpeed Protege
Cadillac Fleetwood

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 06:46 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag