IT IS TIME TO BRING THIS UP AGAIN

LPDADDY

We have discussed this subject before and i would like the members opinion on how to deal with new members who claim to be or are Lambo owners.

I emphasize NEW MEMBERS.

Should we ask for some sort of proof of ownership to prevent disasters like the last one happenning??

All suggestions are welcome

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about that earlier this day... Forgot to thank Alexandru for that too, most members are suspicious now. I dunno, I think an owner will be happy to show his car, I know I would be. I remember my first post, I posted pic of my ride in the Miura SV, because I was happy to share that. Now I dunno, is it a great welcome to beg for proofs at first post ?

Well, if we ask for proof, some might be offended by it. But I think we have a right to verify their story. Like you said, I don't want another Alexandru to happen.

As to how to verify it? Maybe they could print out their L-P profile and hold it up together

with a pic of their ownership certificate?

I speak only for myself when I say that I am tired of reading posts by people who either:

1. Don't currently, or never have, owned an L-car,

OR

2. Have no seat time with any current/90s L-cars.

The posts from these individuals are literally worthless, the opinions given based on no fact other than the regurgitating of some $50k per year automotive hack journalist's thoughts. This has been the case more often just lately, as we seem to be attracting more than our fair share of F-body domestic zealots, and import JDM tuner disciples.

Again, this applies as Aram qualified, for NEW members. I'm not talking about people that are part of the family and helped the site grow by participating for nearly a year now. I'm talking about where we GO from here, how we determine who will and will not be given the podium to speak out.

There must be a qualifier, way too many young/inexperienced people getting the microphone lately here. You don't want this to become the next supercars.net forum. Allan disagrees, he likes to assemble all the midgets in one room then proceed to bowl with them, and that's understandable. But we've grown to the point where I'm seeing post counts from some of our more hardcore original members, who used to post here religiously, drop, while their post count on a certain other L-car section on a certain other board is climbing through the roof.

I can only take that to mean that they are unsatisfied with the content/participation/maturity/whatever of our base at L-Power. I may be as guilty as anyone, I will happlily fling shit with the best of the monkies, and if I'm part of the problem then it can be corrected, lol. But as far as taking out the trash and cleaning this place up, I'm all for it.

Here is a tip: If you have never owned an L-car or haven't driven one. I suggest you READ more and POST less.

I'll be curious to see how this comes down, hopefully the owners will speak. Most of the time they just leave silently, and you don't realize they're gone until you see a 1,000+ post count six months later on F-crap's L-car section. We need to react.

Here is a tip: If you have never owned an L-car or haven't driven one. I suggest you READ more and POST less.

eraser19.gif quannum.gif

Do Replicas count... I mean really good ones :) :) :)

I have come to belive my Gallardo is a replica - some one asked me the other day if it was a kit - and now I think it might be :lol: :lol:

I speak only for myself when I say that I am tired of reading posts by people who either:

OR  

The posts from these individuals are literally worthless, the opinions given based on no fact other than the regurgitating of some $50k per year automotive hack journalist's thoughts. This has been the case more often just lately, as we seem to be attracting more than our fair share of F-body domestic zealots, and import JDM tuner disciples.

Again, this applies as Aram qualified, for NEW members. I'm not talking about people that are part of the family and helped the site grow by participating for nearly a year now. I'm talking about where we GO from here, how we determine who will and will not be given the podium to speak out.  

There must be a qualifier, way too many young/inexperienced people getting the microphone lately here. You don't want this to become the next supercars.net forum. Allan disagrees, he likes to assemble all the midgets in one room then proceed to bowl with them, and that's understandable. But we've grown to the point where I'm seeing post counts from some of our more hardcore original members, who used to post here religiously, drop, while their post count on a certain other L-car section on a certain other board is climbing through the roof.  

I can only take that to mean that they are unsatisfied with the content/participation/maturity/whatever of our base at L-Power. I may be as guilty as anyone, I will happlily fling shit with the best of the monkies, and if I'm part of the problem then it can be corrected, lol. But as far as taking out the trash and cleaning this place up, I'm all for it.

I'll be curious to see how this comes down, hopefully the owners will speak. Most of the time they just leave silently, and you don't realize they're gone until you see a 1,000+ post count six months later on F-crap's L-car section. We need to react.

Excellent points Mako - I agree totally.

And by the way (anybody?) how do you get logged as an "Owner/Member" ??? !!!!

My 0.02$ :

This a Lamborghini forum, not a Mustang or Camero. We can't expect the majority of the members to own or previously own a Lambo, but with that said...I do want to know who am I talking to or who is advising me with issues I might have with my Lambo.

I do think that proof of ownership is good thing when used on voluntary base, I don't think that the non-owners or the "Owners-to-be" should or will opose that.

However the large fan base of the Lamborghini cars will and should be treated with equal respect as the owners, this site will be a morgue without the like of Tommy and Mecano. Guys like Mako who can educate me about my own car or Travis and TheLimey who keep this place fun and pleasent to hang out.

I don't want to post a thread and had it replyed in the next week (L-T) or re-write and make sure every word I wrote is politicly correct and will not offend any 328 character who in turn will ban me.

Bottom line, let's get more focus on real Lambo issues, let's get more Lambo owners to post here and let's make this site the most entertaining Lamborghini site in the world.

And by the way (anybody?) how do you get logged as an "Owner/Member" ??? !!!!

You are owner allright..

is that better now ?

:mrgreen:

what about older cars that dont really have registration, i dont think my dads sv has proof of ownership besides a really old title.... or bill of sale... which you probablly cant read. In Florida in the 1960s all you needed was your title there was no registration. Just wondering.

Joe,

Excellent thanks ! (How'd he do that???????) !!!!

I'm a Mod as of today.. :partyman: :partyman:

Guest SP_wEaZeL

Maybe I should just stop posting! :(

Maybe I should just stop posting!  :(

Yeh, don't post before you hook me up with your girl friend who you posted pics of last month.

:axe:

I think for the hell of it you should make "owners" show proof. As somebody mentioned above, I would hate to be getting advice from "owners to be" or children like Alexwanati.

There's room for everybody here, just as long as everybody knows their place.

OR  

The posts from these individuals are literally worthless, the opinions given based on no fact other than the regurgitating of some $50k per year automotive hack journalist's thoughts.

My opinion is worthless? Great, I don't own a Lamborghini, I am young, but I like Lambo's. I don't claim to know any technical details, I don't advise people at all. So when I and the majority of people on this board post it's just pointless. Well let's take this further. Let's segregate the forum we can have an owners section which non-owners can only view posts in, and you need to be verified as a Lambo owner by a moderator to add posts. Us scum can just comment in the other forum and chat on what is in the owners forum so that our 'worthless' posts don't clutter up the forum for the owners.

Well, if you insist....

I think what superkarma and Mako are a little extreme and I'm sure that Mako's proposal is just a reaction to the recent Alexwanati bullshit. But I do think that "new" members should have some burden of proof regarding ownership before we accept what they say.