What's the consensus on Porsche's 2015 GT3??

diabloking

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A neighbor of mine just traded in his 997 GT3 for a yellow 991 GT3. He primarily tracks his car, so the PDK will actually be used for what it was designed for. However, he isn't sure if he likes the 991 (the PDK and steering) over the older 997.

I've seen it in person and it just feels HUGE. I love the look of it, and I'm sure it's a blast to drive, but my M5 is huge and that's a sedan, even though it doesn't feel like it. If I was to buy a Porsche, I'd want it to be small like the original 911's. Just my 2 cents.

My favorite Porsche in their current lineup.

This belongs to one of our members who doesn't post much, it's absolutely stunning, great photography also.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got to drive the 991 Gt3. Great car, love the look. Wish it came in a manual. The Gt3 RS look absolutely mental! That being said, if it were me Id buy a manual 997 Gt3 RS, unless I was going to use the car as a daily driver, but then in that case Id probably prefer a Turbo S. I love Porsche.

I went to look at a Huracan and bought a 991 GT3 instead if that tells you anything:) Never made a thread here because it's a Lambo forum and honestly I'm a passionate Lambo guy.

But literally had no intentions to own a Porsche. Went to the Lambo store to test drive an H. Liked it but wasn't blown away. Had some time to kill, saw a GT3 in the showroom at the dealer around the corner. Test drove the GT3. It blew my mind and I had to have one!! It's like no other car I've ever driven for sure...

I went to look at a Huracan and bought a 991 GT3 instead if that tells you anything:) Never made a thread here because it's a Lambo forum and honestly I'm a passionate Lambo guy.

But literally had no intentions to own a Porsche. Went to the Lambo store to test drive an H. Liked it but wasn't blown away. Had some time to kill, saw a GT3 in the showroom at the dealer around the corner. Test drove the GT3. It blew my mind and I had to have one!! It's like no other car I've ever driven for sure...

By all means if you buy anything cool don't be afraid to share it. Nothing wrong with a 991 GT3, post away. :icon_thumleft:

It's fantastic. Significantly better than the 997 GT3 in every way shape or form. Drive one. Not even mad it's not a manual.

It's amazing. My favorite feature is with the new pdk, pulling both paddles is like pushing in the clutch pedal. So everything you could do with a manual you can now do with pdk, except miss a shift. Want to kick the rear out, pull both paddles, Rev it and drop them.....power slide. It is a blast.

My favorite Porsche in their current lineup.

This belongs to one of our members who doesn't post much, it's absolutely stunning, great photography also.

I forgot that was coming. I thought he specced it with a red interior though?

EDIT: NM I realized that is a RHD and not a LHD car...not who I was thinking.

This is a car that is taking me a little longer to appreciate, but I say that with caution since I'm still in the break in period (keeping under 5K rpm). However the car handles impeccablely and the ride is smooth. Couple this great suspension setup with the PDK transmission and it's no wonder it can make a decent daily driver. I'm sure once break in is over with, the ability to go up to 9K rpm will strengthen my belief that I made a great decision in the purchase.

I will say though that the current 991 body does seem to be getting larger and away from the ideology that 911s should be smaller more nimbler cars. I also have a 997TT and feel that this chassis is about perfect. Going from a 997 into a 991 is a dramatic size difference.

The car looks huge. I drove a 991 S, and it was the most boring drive ever. Granted the PDK-S in the 991GT3 is much much different and vastly improved over the standard PDK. However, I had to have a MANUAL gearbox, and thus bought a nearly brand new 997.2 GT3RS instead. And again ... the 991GT3 (especially the new RS) look very wide, and very big. The point of the 911 were always to be small and nimble! Having said all that, if I would buy a granny paddle shifting car, I would much prefer a Huracan, especially when they bring out a 2WD version.

I thought the same thing about the pdk, that it should be a manual... but when you drive the new GT3 hard and rev it out, you need two hands on the wheel. The car does not feel large when you push it, and squirms under shifting. I have a 65 and its about 1/3 the size of new Porsche, but it's the evolution of the game. They are two different machines, the 65 you smell, hear, feel everything. You have to be slower with the shifter, it revs out nice and long. The thin steering wheel in your hand, big windows, tucks under in corners. The new GT3 is a chainsaw on wheels.... it can do OK as a DD, but when you start revving it out it feels like it always wants to go... makes keeping the ol drivers license a bit of a challenge.

Got to drive the 991 Gt3. Great car, love the look. Wish it came in a manual. The Gt3 RS look absolutely mental! That being said, if it were me Id buy a manual 997 Gt3 RS, unless I was going to use the car as a daily driver, but then in that case Id probably prefer a Turbo S. I love Porsche.

The 991 GT/RS looks better than the 2015 991 GT/RS, IMHO.

It's amazing. My favorite feature is with the new pdk, pulling both paddles is like pushing in the clutch pedal. So everything you could do with a manual you can now do with pdk, except miss a shift. Want to kick the rear out, pull both paddles, Rev it and drop them.....power slide. It is a blast.

pulling both paddles essentially drops to neutral? release and your in gear?

sounds like fun!

BTW love the new GT3 and GT3RS :icon_super:

The 991 GT/RS looks better than the 2015 991 GT/RS, IMHO.

Huh?

Love the 991 GT3 RS, best looking 911 ever IMO. Also I have a 991 turbo S cab and it feels plenty small. I don't notice any difference in size between it and my 997 Turbo S coupe, and the 991 destroys the 997 in every single way (turbo S at least, I haven't driven either GT3).

Huh?

I think he meant to say the 997 looks better than the 991

pulling both paddles essentially drops to neutral? release and your in gear?

sounds like fun!

BTW love the new GT3 and GT3RS :icon_super:

Yes, both paddles is like pushing in the clutch. Drop them and roast the tires. Best dct feature since launch control. Zero performance value but a ton of fun which is a surprising innovation from the Germans.

I think he meant to say the 997 looks better than the 991

Sometimes I just can't type :king::icon_pidu: Yes, I meant the 997 looks better than the 991

Yes, both paddles is like pushing in the clutch. Drop them and roast the tires. Best dct feature since launch control. Zero performance value but a ton of fun which is a surprising innovation from the Germans.

:icon_thumleft: very cool, I see a gt3 in my future!

:icon_thumleft: very cool, I see a gt3 in my future!

Let me know if you want my black one in December and I'll make sure the dealer takes good care of you.

Let me know if you want my black one in December and I'll make sure the dealer takes good care of you.

yes keep me in mind.. thx