Got myself a Christmas present.

Fortis

Very excited to report that I managed to secure a GT4 :eusa_dance:

I had a deposit with an interstate dealer who said he might be able to get me one but I wasn't holding my breath, today I drove by the local P dealer and saw a red GT4 in the window, stopped to have a closer look, the dealer treated the car like some rare commodity, can't touch, it's sold awaiting delivery etc. it was quite amusing to see.

The car looks so much better in real life than in the photos, I really like it, it looks very purposeful, nice toy.

I knew they are sold out and less than zero chance to get one as a new custom build order but I still thought I should ask the sales person, he said they had a cancelation (due to health reasons) but they are offering it to the next people on the list etc.

I pulled the bank card out and said go charge it now, let's get this done today, he said he has to make few phone calls and talk to the dealer principal, etc. 25 min later he said, it's yours if you want it! :eusa_dance:

Delivery in March or April, sapphire blue, carbon brakes, bucket seats, clubsport package, chrono sport package, love the spec.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGWEDZH2

Looking forward to receiving it in few months!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's awesome man, I think you're going to actually enjoy driving it more than the SV. The regular cayman S is one of the best driving cars around regardless of price.

Huge congrats! And now the dilemma --- are you going to renovate the "show room" garage or are you going to build a new house? :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats! Will this be your daily? I'm assuming the SV is your weekend driver.

Thank you, not a daily, I drive a C63s wagon as a daily, I was thinking this will take care of the twisties duty if the SV won't cover that gap.

That's awesome man, I think you're going to actually enjoy driving it more than the SV. The regular cayman S is one of the best driving cars around regardless of price.

I hope you are wrong but I am afraid you could be right, nevertheless I am looking forward to both.

Huge congrats! And now the dilemma --- are you going to renovate the "show room" garage or are you going to build a new house? :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you my friend.

LOL, no to all of the above, it will live in the third spot external garage.

Having said that myself and my friend (owner of my old house and fellow car nut) discussed the possibility of buying a house on our street and turning it into a private car showroom :icon_mrgreen:

Last week I bought on my street one old house sitting on two subdivided plots, hmmm :eusa_think: :icon_mrgreen:

I expect lots of pics and a Fortis-type review once complete. :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you, if you want a proper review I will have to have VCR back when the car gets here, great excuse to have my friend back :eusa_dance:

It is manual transmission no ? I thought you hated stickshifts, do you even know how to drive stick ?

Congrats , i think it is best value out there.

It is manual transmission no ? I thought you hated stickshifts, do you even know how to drive stick ?

Congrats , i think it is best value out there.

I will race you :icon_mrgreen:

I will race you :icon_mrgreen:

I don't have a street car that will keep up with that on track assuming you know what you are doing, that thing is a very good car.

I don't have a street car that will keep up with that on track assuming you know what you are doing, that thing is a very good car.

I know you too well you are crazy enough that you won't need more than a Corolla to keep up!

:icon_mrgreen:

Ahhhh Fortis!! That is soooo AWESOME!!!

Congrats and enjoy for many kilometers in the best of health!

As you know - we bought the racing yellow GT4 as I thought I'd never get a build slot.

On Friday Nov 13 my dealer called and told me they were able to make a swap with another dealer. I got a build!

Mine won't be built until March (probably - not sure yet). It'll be Agate Gray with LWS bucket seats. Hubby wants PCCB but I'll probably stick to steel brakes since there's a good chance this will turn into my track car if I can bring myself to let go of the Cayman R that I so dearly love.

The shifting feel of the GT4 is the best (by far) that I've ever experienced. Many others say the same. And the auto blip feature is cool and makes it almost "too easy" to drive (if there is such a thing).

I wish I could do paint to sample but that's been closed for awhile and rumored that it won't reopen before production closes.

Can't wait for your impressions once you get some time with it!

Heartiest congratulations!!!

Nice. Love caymans, we just put in a order for a Cayman GTS for my wife's track car. Going to steal it a decent amount myself. We wanted PDK so GT4 was not an option. Carmine Red with black wheels, all the options (even PCCBs, wanted the 6 piston calipers will change rotors and pads right away though). We have a May delivery.

Best of luck with it.