Best 914 ever??

Smash Boy

I've really grown to like the 914 as i get older. You don't see to many of them around though. that is a very nice looking example.

I never thought I'd say this about a 914, but it looks really well done. I once saw a video of a 914-6 giving a Lotus a run for its money on the track. I'd say this would probably do the same. :icon_thumleft:

Looks good in all black.

The rear flares (and even front) are a bit too much for my taste. They appear to be nicely executed but disproportionate to the car - a la SL65 AMG black series... Only the SL wears them better because it's a larger, heavier more substantial looking car.

I'm somewhat of a purist when it comes to the exterior lines of a vintage car.

Not a fan of the black lips on the fuchs but looks nice otherwise.

Probably hiding something like half the shit they sell.

Please expand on that comment...not heard a bad word (or much for that matter) about them.

Please expand on that comment...not heard a bad word (or much for that matter) about them.

He's the type of guy whose into selling Salvage Title cars. Except instead of being upfront about it, Canepa covers it up. They also do shit work and charge a premium. Really have no idea how the guy is still in business. Very few guys in the car world get sued, despite their shitty behavior. It's like clockwork, the guy gets sued every 3-4 years.

What cars has he peddled that have been salvage cars that he has hidden. Seems like the majority of the cars he sells are rare models. Not to mention the 959's he seems to sell a ton of.

He's the type of guy whose into selling Salvage Title cars. Except instead of being upfront about it, Canepa covers it up. They also do shit work and charge a premium. Really have no idea how the guy is still in business. Very few guys in the car world get sued, despite their shitty behavior. It's like clockwork, the guy gets sued every 3-4 years.

Wow that's surprising information...i thought they were top of the game.

What cars has he peddled that have been salvage cars that he has hidden. Seems like the majority of the cars he sells are rare models. Not to mention the 959's he seems to sell a ton of.

The rarer the car, the easier it is to wash the title. It's very easy to do it when a car is "in for repair" using a mechanics lien, for example. If you ever have a doubt about a car titled in Texas, stay away, it's the easiest state to title wash. He branded himself as the 959 guru for some reason, even though he had zero assistance in importing and legalization of them.

Wow that's surprising information...i thought they were top of the game.

Really rich guys don't go public with this shit, for the most part it's just another day for them. Bruce almost always settles out of court. There are probably a few public cases.

Interesting side story.

That interior is really nice....couldn't imagine doing it better. It's F40 aura for mere mortals. If anything these pictures serve as a nice template of how to fix up a 914.

That certificate is verifying this car is 100% OEM? Doesn't seem like it.

Curious about prices. I get the feeling they'll want six figures for this thing, which is too much for a 914 IMO unless you're really wealthy.

Then again it's not a 914-6, whatever that's worth.