Bought myself a BDAY gift - CAYMAN GT4

NRG x Lambo

I've been ITCHING to buy a GT4 since it came out. I sort of postponed the hunt when I opted to buy the Telesto LP640 instead earlier last October. But the GT4 was sort of that 'itch that couldn't be satisfied' for the last few months... so FINALLY after getting wifey's permission, I went looking for a GT4. Initially I wanted the Sapphire Blue Metallic but I kind of have this thing for WHITE right now...

Almost wrapped up a deal on a GT4 in SLC area, but it fell through. Found this one in PA and locked it up. JP Logistics is picking it up this Monday and it should be here in Los Angles in about 5-7 days after... hoping it'll be here by April 7th on my birthday!

I'll post more pictures once I get the car. But here are a few options:

- PCM Navigation

- Full carbon bucket seats (LWB)

- Full carbon interior

- Stainless brakes (seems preferred for track duties - even their CUP car comes with stainless)

- Sports Chrono

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-30%20at%2011.00.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-30%20at%2011.00.

congrats! been thinking about picking up a Porsche, never had one, looking at a 991 Turbo S....

Nice - congrats! I'm going to the Ring' and SPA next week and a few mates are bringing theirs. Can't wait to see them in action.

Congrats! I know how much you were looking into the GT4 from your IG haha. Should be a fun car.

it's definitely been on the WANT LIST for a while! LOL!

Awesome!

Very tempting to pick one up.

Curious are they asking $20k over MSRP?

Any chance of grabbing one of these at MSRP?

There are a lot for sale across the U.S.

On the west coast (primarily) it seems premiums are high ($20K+ over MSRP). There have been cars popping up on Rennlist that are either at MSRP or much closer. There have been a couple cars for sale at cost (meaning the person bought the car, paid tax, maybe had it clear-bra'd - so they want to recoup costs but not make a "profit").

If you comb through the Rennlist vehicle marketplace you might stumble on something. There's a guy in FL selling his red GT4 and I believe the price has dropped at least once.

Several of the VIP cars have come available recently on consignment at dealers. These are obviously intended to make a profit for the "flipper'.

It also seems some folks have backed out of their commitment so cars pop up for sale because someone who said they'd buy it decide to refuse delivery (either beforehand or once it's at the dealer).

You best shot is probably getting one at cost. The MSRP cars that pop up are gone sometimes within minutes so it's luck and timing.

Awesome!

If you find one specced the way you like it don't hesitate grabbing it, MSRP is a relative number, market usually speaks after, some items you can buy way under, some you have to buy way over, some you can't even buy.

I am not sure why most get so hang up on it, would I deprive myself of the chance of owning this fun toy for $20k? Having experienced it now, not a single chance, it's worth it.

I must say, the car is slow in comparison with most exotics (I love that about it) but it is so much fun that in the last week it reignited my passion for cars which was quickly eroding away, I am very glad I listen to Cake suggestions of buying one, thank you Cake :eusa_dance:

If you find one specced the way you like it don't hesitate grabbing it, MSRP is a relative number, market usually speaks after, some items you can buy way under, some you have to buy way over, some you can't even buy.

I am not sure why most get so hang up on it, would I deprive myself of the chance of owning this fun toy for $20k? Having experienced it now, not a single chance, it's worth it.

I must say, the car is slow in comparison with most exotics (I love that about it) but it is so much fun that in the last week it reignited my passion for cars which was quickly eroding away, I am very glad I listen to Cake suggestions of buying one, thank you Cake :eusa_dance:

I am pleased to have contributed! I am so happy for your reignited enjoyment and passion. In the grand scheme it's a relative bargain. And that gear box - positively the best I've experienced.

My car should arrive in port tomorrow!!

I am pleased to have contributed! I am so happy for your reignited enjoyment and passion. In the grand scheme it's a relative bargain. And that gear box - positively the best I've experienced.

My car should arrive in port tomorrow!!

We need lots of photos.

This says a lot.

Speed is overrated. I love Porsche's commercial regarding Real Visceral Driving Pleasure. Sounds like the GT4 offers this.

I still think the best driving experience is in an Elise/Exige, which is also slow compared to many cars. But what an amazing ride. I wonder how the GT4 compares to it.

I spent several laps in the right seat of an exige a few years ago and my lingering impressions:

- much lower

- very wide sill made ingress/egress a challenge even for someone in decent shape with zero mobility issues

- noticeably harsher ride

Exige may handle more like a go cart but is also much more raw and less refined. The GT4 is civilized on the street and some might say numbed down compared to exige.

I think it depends a lot on what YOU want from the experience. I would choose the GT4 but others might prefer exige.

This says a lot.

Speed is overrated. I love Porsche's commercial regarding Real Visceral Driving Pleasure. Sounds like the GT4 offers this.

I still think the best driving experience is in an Elise/Exige, which is also slow compared to many cars. But what an amazing ride. I wonder how the GT4 compares to it.

Drag purpose built cars are FAST cars... but they aren't necessarily a DRIVER'S car.

Plastique - I 110% agree with you. i owned an Elise and Exile S, and still one of my favorite cars i've owned. i actually regret selling my EXIGE S! More recently, I owned an Scion FRS. Sub $30k car, but it was a very engaging car for what it was. I supercharged it to give it a little more umph, but it was one of the funnest cars I had in the garage. I can speak from experience since I haven't had the GT4 in my garage yet, but I have a STRONG suspicion that the GT4 is going to be the same thing!

Awesome!

CAKE has been helpful pointing out a few potential leads on RENNLIST. I ended up getting mine for about $7500 over MSRP. Most are LISTING theirs for $15-20k over MSRP. But call them and work with them. I had a GT4 almost locked in SLC for $9k over MSRP. Then found 2 others the day after (because SLC one sold), who matched and beat the offers. I ended up at $7500 over MSRP. I'm pretty sure there are some even below that if you're patient - the one I got ended up having about 99% of the specs i was looking for.

We need lots of photos.
Ship delayed another day! But still ahead of the original estimate by a couple days. I really can't complain, especially after all this time!! My original delivery date was mid-May so they should be able to make the revised date of Apr 15 (to the dealer).

I will definitely post photos! My delivery prep will take several days. My cage should be at the dealer before the car arrives so I'll have them do everything (cage, Xpel, Opticoat including wheels, harnesses, track alignment) before I pick it up.