Ferrari 488 Pista

Jim G

strong statement with the model name, very curious about the real world track abilities of this car, i personally doubt that it can be as quick straightline wise as the Maclaren, that Mac engine is something unbelievable...

press cars get the 721HP, subtract 100HP for the ones you buy... :)

I beat the 790HP 812 super fast so bad in my 720S they asked me not to post the video...

I beat the 790HP 812 super fast so bad in my 720S they asked me not to post the video...

I'd love to see that!

Who is "they" and what would be the consequences? lol

Doesn`t surprise me at all. I once posted a video here of the Aventador S vs 812, and the S whooped 812`s ass on a long runway having 730 HP. For a car that has nearly 800 HP one would expect more.

hmm, well I do have a video of the same 812 superfast easily walking an aventador roadster....

Doesn`t surprise me at all. I once posted a video here of the Aventador S vs 812, and the S whooped 812`s ass on a long runway having 730 HP. For a car that has nearly 800 HP one would expect more.

I'm hearing the 720S is highly underrated. Meaning it's putting down around 720 at the wheels. Plus it's quite a bit lighter than an f12/812 by order of at least 600 lbs.

If that's true, then 812 stands no chance. 720 at the wheels is already in the 840 hp range at the crank.

So with the turbo cars, it's hard to know where they stand without the dyno results. The NA cars are usually about as advertised.

It's pretty simple:

All these cars have dual clutch transmissions, similar gears and gear ratios, launch control, etc. comparing rwd to rwd, there's no real advantage either car comes with to aid off the line acceleration .

It really comes down to power/weight for the most part.

A legit 790 hp/4000 lb car doesn't get annihilated by a legit 720/3300 lb car. Lose maybe but not annihilated.

Considering how quick my 488 GTB is around a road course I think this car is going to surprise a few people. It won't have the straight line speed of the 720S but it will be a beast on track.

Considering how quick my 488 GTB is around a road course I think this car is going to surprise a few people. It won't have the straight line speed of the 720S but it will be a beast on track.

:iamwithstupid: I am not a Ferrari fan by any means, but I do think this car will surprise us all.

I lost interest in performance figures years ago. What’s really important is the feel and looks.

720 does nothin in that regard. 488, nada.

This 488 pistachio looks interesting and exciting.

when is the last time that happened? :)

:iamwithstupid: I am not a Ferrari fan by any means, but I do think this car will surprise us all.

I lost interest in performance figures years ago. What’s really important is the feel and looks.

720 does nothin in that regard. 488, nada.

This 488 pistachio looks interesting and exciting.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft: