Funky door lock/unlock issues

JanDaMan

On my 08 LP640 I recently noticed when I go to unlock (disarm) the car with the key fob I hear it unlock the door but right away it locks it again. Only way I found I could unlock it to get in the car is to catch it in between that unlock/lock phase by lifting up on the door handle quickly. I suppose I could also try and use the key in the door once it relocks, but didn't try that since I am able to get in as mentioned. Then once in the car running around I tried the lock & unlock button located on the inside of the door to see what happens, and pressing that button on the door I don't hear any lock or unlock door noises. Only thing I can think is that maybe I didn't have the doors all the way shut, but I sure thought I had them shut with a pretty stiff shut. It doesn't happen all the time and just curious if anyone experiences something similar. I guess I ain't too bad off if that's all I got to complain about with the Murci recently. Car performs top notch otherwise & love driving it...when I can get in. Sometimes I wonder if it may automatically lock me inside, especially when I pressed the inside door lock/unlock button & nothing happened, roast like a puppy inside with this 100+ OC weather!

On my 08 LP640 I recently noticed when I go to unlock (disarm) the car with the key fob I hear it unlock the door but right away it locks it again. Only way I found I could unlock it to get in the car is to catch it in between that unlock/lock phase by lifting up on the door handle quickly. I suppose I could also try and use the key in the door once it relocks, but didn't try that since I am able to get in as mentioned. Then once in the car running around I tried the lock & unlock button located on the inside of the door to see what happens, and pressing that button on the door I don't hear any lock or unlock door noises. Only thing I can think is that maybe I didn't have the doors all the way shut, but I sure thought I had them shut with a pretty stiff shut. It doesn't happen all the time and just curious if anyone experiences something similar. I guess I ain't too bad off if that's all I got to complain about with the Murci recently. Car performs top notch otherwise & love driving it...when I can get in. Sometimes I wonder if it may automatically lock me inside, especially when I pressed the inside door lock/unlock button & nothing happened, roast like a puppy inside with this 100+ OC weather!

I have seen that before. Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it with the quick disconnect in the engine bay has resolved it.

I have seen that before. Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it with the quick disconnect in the engine bay has resolved it.

I would think battery in the fob could be getting low as well.

Thanks for the tips. Last couple days it has unlocked and locked fine, so go figure. As I have experienced more and more with this car and my other cars, the more they sit the more problems occur. I keep a charger on it too of course. On the oil to put in the key hole did you use something like 3-in-one oil? Only my driver side door has a key slot. On the key fob battery, isn't that more of an on or off issue if the fob is working right or not? Using the fob the car chimes on and off fine, so it seems it's getting the proper signal. Plus I found nothing happens when i am inside and I press the door lock & unlock button on the door itself. But regardless, probably time to replace that fob battery anyway. I am wondering if things are just getting stiff when not driving every couple weeks, or maybe the doors are not entirely shut. On occasion I get in and shut the door bit the dash says dorm is open. It appears shut to me looking at the gaps, but I open and shut again and the door open notice goes away. Being 62 now, maybe I just need to make an effort to put more muscle to it.

I don’t believe it is a battery issue at all, there are two micro switches in the door latch assembly , one for the door light and the other to tell the Med system and lock relay the door is locked or unlocked,

To further this, there is a large relay in the foot well fuse assembly on the passenger side of the car that controls the door solenoids open close etc.

If either the micro switches or the relay are faulting, you will have the issues you described

The one thing worse would be the Med system being faulty but I would bank on the other items first.