Aventador SV purchase

Hedge

Hi everyone,

After seeing the Performate reveal I went to a dealer to ask about laocations and all was spoken for (of course).

BUT! at the dealer they had a yellow SV which blew me away actually.

Felt so raw and focused and just looked right. Just felt "right" (my favourite car to drive is the GT3 RS for its rawness and got the same vibe here).

Question? Car has mat carbon rear diffuser, side vents and intakes, but not side mirrors and front spoiler.

Is there a wrap that matches in weave? Or what would you do? would have been perfect and cohesive with all carbon I think?

got full carbon engine bay including the x. (gloss).

Tried searching for a full carbon spec'd car but none for sale. Actually this is only coupe with carbon exterior options I can find.

Hi everyone,

After seeing the Performate reveal I went to a dealer to ask about laocations and all was spoken for (of course).

Felt so raw and focused and just looked right. Just felt "right" (my favourite car to drive is the GT3 RS for its rawness and got the same vibe here).

Question? Car has mat carbon rear diffuser, side vents and intakes, but not side mirrors and front spoiler.

Is there a wrap that matches in weave? Or what would you do? would have been perfect and cohesive with all carbon I think?

Tried searching for a full carbon spec'd car but none for sale. Actually this is only coupe with carbon exterior options I can find.

I gave up my allocation today on the new Perf. Awesome car but I just sold my UGR H. IMO an H just doesn't do it for me like an SV does. So your heading the right direction.

Hi everyone,

First, your dealer did not disclose all correct info. Huracan Performante is not a limited production car. Your dealer may be out of initial round of order allocation but the Huracan Performante is certainly not "sold out"

Now the SV, there is matte Carbon Fiber weave wrap you can wrap the side mirror and front splitter with. The appearance quality may vary depending on your installer's experience.

Sounds to me, your dealer is trying to get rid of the SV by telling Huracan Performante is "sold out"

If you want a Huracan order allocation, I know my Lambo dealership has them. Visit other Lambo dealerships.

I gave up my allocation today on the new Perf. Awesome car but I just sold my UGR H. IMO an H just doesn't do it for me like an SV does. So your heading the right direction.

Out of curiosity what didn't you like about the TT

Of course it's no SV, I understand. Haven't heard many impressions yet from the UGR H's.

Hi everyone,

You can get carbon after market mirrors, the front bar, as far as I know, there are no aftermarket options and Lamborghini doesn't have one, I actually can't believe they aren't offering that as an option, I rather have that than the engine bay carbon which nobody sees, I wouldn't use carbon wrap, it looks wrong.

Good luck with your purchase.

You can get carbon after market mirrors, the front bar, as far as I know, there are no aftermarket options and Lamborghini doesn't have one, I actually can't believe they aren't offering that as an option, I rather have that than the engine bay carbon which nobody sees, I wouldn't use carbon wrap, it looks wrong.

Good luck with your purchase.

I can't believe Lambo didn't do those front and rear splitters/bar in CF either. They're probably saving those CF parts for the new S-SV coming out later.

Soon, I'm sure some aftermarket places will have those exterior body parts in CF.

Out of curiosity what didn't you like about the TT

Of course it's no SV, I understand. Haven't heard many impressions yet from the UGR H's.

It wasn't that I didn't like it, I did. But I knew without a doubt that when I walked out into my shop and wanted to drive, the SV keys would get grabbed every time. And with the Perfs hitting, the H market is about to feel some pain.

It wasn't that I didn't like it, I did. But I knew without a doubt that when I walked out into my shop and wanted to drive, the SV keys would get grabbed every time. And with the Perfs hitting, the H market is about to feel some pain.

Interesting, wonder how much depreciation the regular H will suffer after P released...in all, yes they'll make what, 15000 H's - that's a world of hurt.

Congrats to OP, can't beat SV presence.

I too am curious on what info your dealer is giving you. My dealer apprised me that Perf's will be "made to order" but certainly not limited - perhaps just a longer waiting period?

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the feedback.

The dealer is a very well known and respected dealer.

The "sold out" is his 15 allocations for the year.

Earliest we could get one would be 2018 spring. (or compromise on spec and find a used/flipped).

BUT! Im no longer interested..

Totally love the rawness of the SV and this example has most options.

carbon T and X enginenbay.

Carbon engine cover (is that what its called?)

Visible carbon sills/Tub

basically everything mat carbon except front spoiler and and side mirrors.

branding package

sound system

rear view camera

front lift/magnetic dampers

full alcantara steering wheel

orange with black/orange interior/contrast stitchings

race seats

Missing: factory exhaust upgrade.

This car just makes me smile.

I know my way around cars, so know that there are options that might do this and that better. But somehow they all seen like they are to tame and boring compared to this. For this kind of money I want to have a blast from the second I walk up to the car in the garage.

Tried 675LT, very fast, very nice but at no point was I grinning like a crazy person like I was in the SV.

This reminds me of the first time I saw a murcielago SV. simply a beast. the AV SV makes me feel the same way.

First post you said yellow and now orange. Either is a win, but which is it?

I can't believe Lambo didn't do those front and rear splitters/bar in CF either. They're probably saving those CF parts for the new S-SV coming out later.

Soon, I'm sure some aftermarket places will have those exterior body parts in CF.

You could be right, I saw the Aventador S the other day and it had such nice carbon trims on the front bar.

First post you said yellow and now orange. Either is a win, but which is it?

Orange is a 2015 with carbon engine bay cover and 1000 miles (1 owner)

Yellow is a 2016 with 2500 miles and glass engine cover (2 owners)

Yellow is 30.000 GBP cheaper.

im partial to the Orange but im splitting hairs here.

Oh, Yellow also have the race exhaust software upgrade.

cant decide.

Orange is a 2015 with carbon engine bay cover and 1000 miles (1 owner)

Yellow is a 2016 with 2500 miles and glass engine cover (2 owners)

Yellow is 30.000 GBP cheaper.

im partial to the Orange but im splitting hairs here.

Oh, Yellow also have the race exhaust software upgrade.

cant decide.

That is hard. Personally I'd go for the color you prefer but of course is that worth 30k more?

Coupes or Roadsters?

They are both coupes.

The better half here also loves the fact that there is more luggage space than in a Huracan.

Given that we do a lot of road trips through Europe this is a big plus.

Btw. are the hinges for the roof taking up much space on the roadster?

How are you finding the luggage space? seems like 2-3 medium sized soft bags fit albeit very snug.

I used to own a Ferrari 360 Stradale with lexan windows and bare interior with no mats etc.

crossed Europe in it a couple of times and loved the feeling of being on a "mission" because of the lack of creature comforts.

It added a dimension of excitement.

And when you then reach the Italian alps the payoff in lack of comfort is rewarded by the most wonderful time in the mountains.

Hoping to get the same sense of "rawness" from the SV.

Both Arancio and Giallo are nice; you cannot go wrong with either. Sounds like you are a carbon guy so I would pick the Arancio car with the carbon engine cover. I trust that the car also has carbon upper intakes so the carbon engine cover will complement them nicely. And it would be lighter as well (carbon panels vs. glass) since it is, after all, a SV.

Exhaust upgrade is easy so long as your budget allows it.

Except for the 1st-gen Aventador (front blade and front intake surrounds), none of the special editions had the carbon front and mirrors. Lambo's excuse was citing easy damages to the finish. I think Lambo is just lazy as the mirrors are difficult to do due to its geometric shapes. The AV-S has a carbon lip but compare to the carbon-optioned LP-700, it actually has less carbon up front. Quite sure that there are aftermarket carbon mirror housing, just not sure how good the quality and the craftsmanship are.

The roof panels sit at a 60degree in the front trunk. The fact that they fit is a great design. But you will lose at least 2/5 of trunk space: one small bag in the trunk first; followed by 2 roof panels; and another small bag on top and that's it. Depending on your physique, you may be able to fit a bag behind each seat when they move forward enough. The Av does not have a shelf behind the seats like the Gallardo so luggage space will be minimal.

Keep us posted on your decision please.

Both Arancio and Giallo are nice; you cannot go wrong with either. Sounds like you are a carbon guy so I would pick the Arancio car with the carbon engine cover. I trust that the car also has carbon upper intakes so the carbon engine cover will complement them nicely. And it would be lighter as well (carbon panels vs. glass) since it is, after all, a SV.

Exhaust upgrade is easy so long as your budget allows it.

Except for the 1st-gen Aventador (front blade and front intake surrounds), none of the special editions had the carbon front and mirrors. Lambo's excuse was citing easy damages to the finish. I think Lambo is just lazy as the mirrors are difficult to do due to its geometric shapes. The AV-S has a carbon lip but compare to the carbon-optioned LP-700, it actually has less carbon up front. Quite sure that there are aftermarket carbon mirror housing, just not sure how good the quality and the craftsmanship are.

The roof panels sit at a 60degree in the front trunk. The fact that they fit is a great design. But you will lose at least 2/5 of trunk space: one small bag in the trunk first; followed by 2 roof panels; and another small bag on top and that's it. Depending on your physique, you may be able to fit a bag behind each seat when they move forward enough. The Av does not have a shelf behind the seats like the Gallardo so luggage space will be minimal.

Keep us posted on your decision please.

I will do.

I did not even consider the weight penalty for glass engine cover. Good tip.

On luggage space I was thinking more of if you keep the roof on for the drive down to destination.

Then unload luggage there and enjoy roof down.

so more precisely if you leave roof on, will the hinges intrude much on trunk space or easily get bent if you put bags downthere without being careful? (anyway going for coupe, just curious).

so more precisely if you leave roof on, will the hinges intrude much on trunk space or easily get bent if you put bags downthere without being careful? (anyway going for coupe, just curious).

Not at all. The securing mechanism of the pins on the roof panels inside the trunk are more or less non-intrusive. There is coupling rail at the bottom but it doesn't really intrude at all. A divider is located on the other side and serves to separate the 2 roof panels. It folds out of the way and is small enough that it won't hinder. Both parts are made from ABS plastic and metal and seem pretty tough.

I agree with above, nothing brings excitement like an SV does! coupe or roadster

I fit 2 med/large duffles in trunk with roof on. with roof off and passenger in, you are pretty much screwed except for 2 very small duffles.

I agree with above, nothing brings excitement like an SV does! coupe or roadster

I fit 2 med/large duffles in trunk with roof on. with roof off and passenger in, you are pretty much screwed except for 2 very small duffles.

Thank you for the detailed information.

Its getting very exciting. Not many to choose from but think I've narrowed it down to 2 very nice ones.

Sun is shining for the first time in 2 month today. Does not make it easier to be rational and sensible about this..;)

Thank you for the detailed information.

Its getting very exciting. Not many to choose from but think I've narrowed it down to 2 very nice ones.

Sun is shining for the first time in 2 month today. Does not make it easier to be rational and sensible about this..;)

Lambo broward has 3 SV's in stock FYI

also for trunk take out tool kit and wind deflector and you can fit another pair of shoes etc ;)

They are both coupes.

The better half here also loves the fact that there is more luggage space than in a Huracan.

Given that we do a lot of road trips through Europe this is a big plus.

Btw. are the hinges for the roof taking up much space on the roadster?

How are you finding the luggage space? seems like 2-3 medium sized soft bags fit albeit very snug.

I used to own a Ferrari 360 Stradale with lexan windows and bare interior with no mats etc.

crossed Europe in it a couple of times and loved the feeling of being on a "mission" because of the lack of creature comforts.

It added a dimension of excitement.

And when you then reach the Italian alps the payoff in lack of comfort is rewarded by the most wonderful time in the mountains.

Hoping to get the same sense of "rawness" from the SV.

VCR answered your questions about the size of the luggage compartment, the brackets which hold the roofs do take a considerable amount of space considering how small the space is to begin with, I've never thought to test how much gear you can fit in the car because so far I didn't have the opportunity to take it on a long trip.

It terms of rawness the SV is as raw as it gets, make sure you get the bucket seats and not the sofas :icon_mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing what you end up with, I'd love the opportunity to cruise throughout Europe in my SV, I am very jealous of you for being able to do that :icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...

So finally settled on one car.

If everything goes well delivery should be around 2 weeks time.

Having first service done and campaign for the petrol issue.

So now I have to decide to cover it in XPEL protection film OR go for a Grigio Telesto wrap with yellow decals.

All stitchings and details are yellow which might look interesting against Grigio Telesto.

Oh, and part of the deal is a slot for the Aventador S "SV"

getting quietly excited.