2010 Lp640, such a thing?

JonV8944s

So I used to think that lp640 ended in 2009, and only lp650 and lp670 were 2010, BUT I found a yellow 2010 lp640 on cars.com, and was curious if that was a legit year for a LP640.

Thanks!

There is such thing as a 2010 Lamborghini LP640.

It is differentiated from prior LP640', by virtue of it's mirrors. They happen to be the same as those found on the vaunted LP670–4 SuperVeloce.

s_l1600.jpg

I recall reading there were 18 roadsters produced in 2010 and 57 roadsters produced in 2009 (some could have been a 2010 model depending on month built.)

I think most of them carried the same colorway of Grigio Telesto with orange accents. Pretty cool looking but they didn't sell well.

I think most of them carried the same colorway of Grigio Telesto with orange accents. Pretty cool looking but they didn't sell well.

Those are not lp640s.

Those are lp650s.

Those are not lp640s.

Those are lp650s.

Yes, the 650's were a special run of I think 50 cars but there were '10 640's. I thought all were roadsters.

Yes, the 650's were a special run of I think 50 cars but there were '10 640's. I thought all were roadsters.

Well I can't confirm that all 2010s are roadsters but I can confirm that I found a yellow lp640 2010 Roadster. So 09 isnt the 'last year of the lp640' as I had hoped lol. I thought 10s were special ones only, but some 'normal ' lp640s did come out in 2010.

Thanks!

Jon

Well I can't confirm that all 2010s are roadsters but I can confirm that I found a yellow lp640 2010 Roadster. So 09 isnt the 'last year of the lp640' as I had hoped lol. I thought 10s were special ones only, but some 'normal ' lp640s did come out in 2010.

Thanks!

Jon

Get the vin#.. if the lasts 8 digits start with an A then it is a 2010.. if it is a 9 then it is a 2009.

ZHWBU4AN0ALA03750

Hhahah thats the very car I have been talking about that prompted this inquiry!

The last of the Mohicans ....

• 3 weeks later...
Very interesting, I had no idea there were any standard cars in 2010 either. That roadster needs some new wheels stat.

Unsure if there were any manual transmission cars in 2010 but I can say for a fact that not all were roadsters. I saw a 2010 LP640 Coupe in-person and it was from that vehicle, how I learned about the aforementioned mirrors. This was back in late 2010 and the car was new with a window sticker.

Caveat: I do recall that the car was gray, I didn't read the window sticker, and I didn't look closely to see if it was in-fact an LP640 ... or a 650.

Yes there are regular 2010 lp640 cars. Not many but yes some. I have the 2010 lp640/lp670 transmission program from Lamborghini which loads perfectly on my 2009 lp640 via oem Lamborghini Lara.

In 2009 they switched throttle bodies and 2009 and 2010 are essentially the same drivetrain. The lp670 supposedly has something different about intake manifold but I'm not completely sure that Is true.

Yes there are regular 2010 lp640 cars. Not many but yes some. I have the 2010 lp640/lp670 transmission program from Lamborghini which loads perfectly on my 2009 lp640 via oem Lamborghini Lara.

In 2009 they switched throttle bodies and 2009 and 2010 are essentially the same drivetrain. The lp670 supposedly has something different about intake manifold but I'm not completely sure that Is true.

I have LARA at my disposal (just used it 3 weeks ago on my new car), and I can tell you, there is not different program for 2010 vs 2009, sorry, but I can even get screen shots. They group 9/10 transmission (egear) program together, and the only 'programming' you can do for those is picking the PIS setting. Just telling you what I know from real-word hands on use of LARA on my 06 Murci AND my 09 Murci. Just didnt know if you're lambo service center blew a little smoke up your ass or something. (I'll gladly be corrected if they know something I dont).

different switchgear surrounds (windows) started in the 2009 models.

This actually started mid 2008. There are 08 cars that have these (and plenty that dont), as it was a mid year switch. Of course 09+ all have them.

I have LARA at my disposal (just used it 3 weeks ago on my new car), and I can tell you, there is not different program for 2010 vs 2009, sorry, but I can even get screen shots. They group 9/10 transmission (egear) program together, and the only 'programming' you can do for those is picking the PIS setting. Just telling you what I know from real-word hands on use of LARA on my 06 Murci AND my 09 Murci. Just didnt know if you're lambo service center blew a little smoke up your ass or something. (I'll gladly be corrected if they know something I dont).

This actually started mid 2008. There are 08 cars that have these (and plenty that dont), as it was a mid year switch. Of course 09+ all have them.

Jon,

Check again, they have a different update transmission map for 2010 vs 2009...I am not wrong on this. We literally loaded the 2010 oem map.

I know the tech and we did the install together on his dealer tracked laptop. The PIS has nothing to do with how the transmission shift program works. The 2010 transmission map is the only one Lamborghini shows for ALL 2010 models, meaning he didn't have another 2010 for a lp670 on my techs oem Lamborghini laptop He updates daily at his dealership.

Believe me or not, doesn't really matter but I'm stating facts. Map changed transmission shifting to a little smoother on up shifts but much much smoother on automatic downshifts when in gear no corsa mode. It shifts actually at lower rpms if you leave it in gear coming to a stop reducing the noise, and abruptness. The 2009 map, downshifted harsher and higher rpms in Corsa. I agree they group 09 and 10 models together, but the raw files were actually different and 10 loaded on my 09 no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Unsure if there were any manual transmission cars in 2010 but I can say for a fact that not all were roadsters. I saw a 2010 LP640 Coupe in-person and it was from that vehicle, how I learned about the aforementioned mirrors. This was back in late 2010 and the car was new with a window sticker.

Caveat: I do recall that the car was gray, I didn't read the window sticker, and I didn't look closely to see if it was in-fact an LP640 ... or a 650.

This is the gray car you are talking about ZHWBU4AN3ALA03824

• 2 months later...
Jon,

Check again, they have a different update transmission map for 2010 vs 2009...I am not wrong on this. We literally loaded the 2010 oem map.

I know the tech and we did the install together on his dealer tracked laptop. The PIS has nothing to do with how the transmission shift program works. The 2010 transmission map is the only one Lamborghini shows for ALL 2010 models, meaning he didn't have another 2010 for a lp670 on my techs oem Lamborghini laptop He updates daily at his dealership.

Believe me or not, doesn't really matter but I'm stating facts. Map changed transmission shifting to a little smoother on up shifts but much much smoother on automatic downshifts when in gear no corsa mode. It shifts actually at lower rpms if you leave it in gear coming to a stop reducing the noise, and abruptness. The 2009 map, downshifted harsher and higher rpms in Corsa. I agree they group 09 and 10 models together, but the raw files were actually different and 10 loaded on my 09 no problem.

Dang, didn't see this before, yeah like i said i can only go on what i know personally, and i have a real dealership orginal lara, admittedly its no longer 'tracked' lol but it stopped being tracked in 2013 so it should still be current on the lp640s.

Interesting, i wonder if i can find these maps u speak of, hmmmm....

Jon