Audi R8 V10 vs Tesla P85D

FikseSTS

You gotta remember, it's peak torque at 1 RPM.

Forget exactly what peak torque is for the Tesla but I think it's around 460-500 lb-ft?

For comparison sake I recall C&D once quoted the old Dodge Viper GTS as putting out 300 lb-ft of torque (490 lb-ft peak) at 700 RPM.

And we all know most V8 muscle will hit peak torque at 3-5k, and peakier exotic motors 5-6k+ (something like that).

I don't believe the torque even drops off....just flat from 0 to redline. That's insane.

And did I read that right FIKSE....691 hp for the Tesla? Can't be right, no?

I don't believe the torque even drops off....just flat from 0 to redline. That's insane.

And did I read that right FIKSE....691 hp for the Tesla? Can't be right, no?

Opposite I think, flat HP curve, torque drops off. And yes the P85D have 691 HP :)

They should do a race from LA to SanFran..... wonder if the 40 hour charge time out of a standard 120V outlet at 240 miles would hinder its arrival time.......

They should do a race from LA to SanFran..... wonder if the 40 hour charge time out of a standard 120V outlet at 240 miles would hinder its arrival time.......

What idiot charges on a 120V outlet when there are free superchargers along the way? Stop for a snack and a shit for 30 minutes and you're ready to go :rolleyes:

Are there free chargers along the way? There are none where I live..... I guess Cali might be different story. Here guys need to get 220V wired into their garage to charge their electrics... prob why I don't see any Teslas on the road here but tons in Cali

I have to say, if I had the funds for a 130k daily driver, I would find this hard to beat. I drive a lot, but never that many miles in more than two days. Put the thing on the charger overnight and you are ready to rock in the morning. I think this is a slick package for someone that wants a zero hassle car with free updates and less than 10 dollar fill ups per 350 miles traveled.

Also, I hear that they are very insulated and quiet inside. Great if you have to talk on the phone a lot. It is the way of the future for sure, the only limiting factor with a platform like this is the battery/range. If they ever figure out a way to improve vastly on that, gas based cars will be in a lot of trouble.

Are there free chargers along the way? There are none where I live..... I guess Cali might be different story. Here guys need to get 220V wired into their garage to charge their electrics... prob why I don't see any Teslas on the road here but tons in Cali

right lane traps a little low.... he ran 11.8 @ 120+ as well... you need the DCT R8 to go 124+....

118 for a R8 with 570 hp??? Yeahhhh right. 570 hp r8 will go 124+ all day.

right lane traps a little low.... he ran 11.8 @ 120+ as well... you need the DCT R8 to go 124+....

How far off is the left and right lane?

I went 124+ just about every pass in my 2010 v10 r8 with a tune and exhaust. I think my best was high 125s

I have to say, if I had the funds for a 130k daily driver, I would find this hard to beat. I drive a lot, but never that many miles in more than two days. Put the thing on the charger overnight and you are ready to rock in the morning. I think this is a slick package for someone that wants a zero hassle car with free updates and less than 10 dollar fill ups per 350 miles traveled.

Also, I hear that they are very insulated and quiet inside. Great if you have to talk on the phone a lot. It is the way of the future for sure, the only limiting factor with a platform like this is the battery/range. If they ever figure out a way to improve vastly on that, gas based cars will be in a lot of trouble.

:iamwithstupid:

Fikse did you get a race with the R8 from a roll?