Thanks for screwing up my email

WoodyK

I received a PM about becoming a VIP member from someone on this site. When I attempted to respond I inadvertently supplied my email address.

Now I am getting garbage email for anything from LASIK to having my roof repaired.

This account was reserved for important business( I considered this site as such since I will be spending my hard earned cash to the tune of a half million dollars)...

I am really pissed you would allow this to happen! No one else I have ever done business with all the years I have had this account has ever sold my account before.

Those responsible are a real piece of work. Thank you

Well this site isn't run by people full time and you really have no one to blame but yourself for clicking on a link in an email. That's the whole idea behind spear fishing. Management on here did post a warning. Sucks that it happened but keep an eye on your credit score and report.

You got spammed. It happens. Always use your backup email for stuff like this.

Also can I interest you in some shares of an orange bridge in San Fran I have for sale?

I'm sure the powers that be are doing what they can to combat spammers. If not already implemented, maybe PMs to anyone except admins could be restricted until you pass a certain post threshold?

So I take it you're not interested in the lasik procedure?

I could use some roof repairs....

Yeah.... We didn't sell your email address.

You gave it to a spammer... There's a stickie, but it looks like we need a more detailed one....

So Is he blaming the "power at be" of the Aventador? Shouldn't this be in the Questions/Complaints for the Moderators" section?

Did you get any offers for penis enlargement? Can you forward them? Thanks!

I received a PM about becoming a VIP member from someone on this site. When I attempted to respond I inadvertently supplied my email address.

Now I am getting garbage email for anything from LASIK to having my roof repaired.

This account was reserved for important business( I considered this site as such since I will be spending my hard earned cash to the tune of a half million dollars)...

I am really pissed you would allow this to happen! No one else I have ever done business with all the years I have had this account has ever sold my account before.

Those responsible are a real piece of work. Thank you

I think most of the other mods have said something already and I am not trying to rub salt into the wounds here but...

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77968

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78327

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77967

All advising you against clicking on these links. What I find quite alarming here is not only did you follow the link sent to you that clearly had no affiliation with the board you then entered in all of your details.

Then you posted in the Aventador section - I am moving it now.

To make it clear on what you have done and you may see this as mocking you but I am guessing you are not technically savvy so please see this as an analogy.

I have no affiliation with your bank but I would like your details to upgrade your account status, then when you realise the money is "missing" you post about it in your local pharmacy window.

Please note: Only one person has had their details sold on here and that is TS640. That is because he insulted me for no valid reason and so I put his name on every mailing database to do with animal insemination products and oversized dildo testing.

Please note: Only one person has had their details sold on here and that is TS640. That is because he insulted me for no valid reason and so I put his name on every mailing database to do with animal insemination products and oversized dildo testing.

I will be invoicing you for the cost of the cup of coffee I just spit onto my monitor.

I will be invoicing you for the cost of the cup of coffee I just spit onto my monitor.

Please provide your private email for payment. Note: this is not for trolling purposes.

I am reasonably sure it was from a moderator...

That's what faked me out. All they got was my email.

I should have known better than to assume Lambo owners/enthusiasts were a cut above - my mistake. Won't happen again I assure you. Again, I used my email account thinking I was dealing with equals. Big mistake - Huge.

I'm finished here.

I should have known better than to assume Lambo owners/enthusiasts were a cut above - my mistake. Won't happen again I assure you. Again, I used my email account thinking I was dealing with equals. Big mistake - Huge.

I'm finished here.

Probably just happened sooner rather than later, and with a lesser sense of indignation than if you stuck around. Sounds like you may jut a bit too thin skinned if the proceedings thus far have you quoting Julia Roberts...

I'm finished here.

You think a moderator asked for your email address... when we already have your email address... and your IP... and your location... uh. Good reasoning.

I'm finished here.

To confirm Porter: we have ip and email. We have the access to change your account status - we do not need any of your details to change you to a VIP. So no way did a moderator contact. If that is the case what name emailed you?

You think a moderator asked for your email address... when we already have your email address... and your IP... and your location... uh. Good reasoning.

So much lulz.