Can I get a Lamborghini, being a pilot? Answer Request▾

ZenobiaMullins

I know a pilot in my town with a Gallardo. I have no idea how much money he makes, or how long he has been doing it, but I believe he works for United.

Getting a Lambo is not all about your job, but how much you save and invest.

If I buy electric car from Dodge, do I get free Dodge Charger too?

Why stop there? Get a Dodge Challenger SRT Demon instead and you might get a Diablo too. Even vice versa is still not bad of a deal. :icon_mrgreen:

To the OP, if he's a United pilot then no. But if he's a pilot of some smaller plane and subject to what his cargo is, it's not impossible.

;) :icon_mrgreen:

Why stop there? Get a Dodge Challenger SRT Demon instead and you might get a Diablo too. Even vice versa is still not bad of a deal. :icon_mrgreen:

To the OP, if he's a United pilot then no. But if he's a pilot of some smaller plane and subject to what his cargo is, it's not impossible.

;) :icon_mrgreen:

I was going to come back with witty remark of having seen Dodge Diablo at the kit car topic but then I remembered that chrysler owned lambo at that time so...

I was going to come back with witty remark of having seen Dodge Diablo at the kit car topic but then I remembered that chrysler owned lambo at that time so...

You are correct sir! And they launched the Diablo during their ownership too. :)

Thought the same thing, lol. What kind of pilot?

Great Question - Barry Seal.

I know a bunch of ex-military pilots flying for the airlines...none of them are close to owning a Lamborghini (most of them aren't car guys so I don't think they give a fcuk). That said, they have great pensions and an easy life.

Truthfully, I think anyone determined and smart enough who really wants to own a lambo on a modest salary can. Just, at that level, I'm sure there are going to be some sacrifices, but it's do-able.

Don't we have a couple pilot/owners in here?

That's what I was going to say. Singleseat? etc . . .

post-7086-1507814830.jpg

Not really, but thats all I could think of while reading this.

I have a friend who is a pilot (many years with USAir and now American since the merge).

He isn't a Lambo guy, but has a collection of cars that are in lambo "territory" in terms of price. But his wife makes more $ than he does, so that helps a lot. Plus - no kids.

Everyone's finances are different and risk is a very personal thing. In a way - if you have to ask this question - I wonder if you are suited to the financial leap. How someone else affords their expenditures isn't relevant to anyone else's situation.

People can look very successful on the surface but be in debt up to their eyeballs. And others may look "poor" - but have more resources than you can imagine. Appearances can be deceiving so whether someone is a pilot or a grocery store clerk - they may be able to easily afford the car or may buy it and be in way over their head.

And don't forget - once you buy it you need to insure and maintain it. Insurance rates can vary wildly depending on age, credit score, driving record. And maintenance is a responsible part of owning any car - but with an exotic you don't want to take shortcuts. Good maintenance history directly affects the value of a car when being sold, and of course can affect enjoyment as you want it reliable and running well.

Good luck