Silicon Valley

sprite

I've been catching up on the show....almost halfway through season 2.

Pretty good show, I like it.

Interesting take on the Valley....I've heard mixed reviews on the show's realism.

I've been catching up on the show....almost halfway through season 2.

Pretty good show, I like it.

Interesting take on the Valley....I've heard mixed reviews on the show's realism.

I haven't followed the show loyally and have caught bits and pieces. Regarding realism I feel that they took some we all gone through as tech start-ups and over-exaggerated it or made it funny.

For instance the episode about raising at a lower valuation to avoid a down round were conversations with VCs we went through.

Turning down a life changing acquisition offer because it was too early was something we could relate to. Even the thought process etc.

Another thing that I could immediately relate to was their team. You got that skinny tall guy that is their numbers/analyst guy. The taller bum looking guy that is their business guy. The nerdy technical founder. The really technical co-founder, with the dark brown beard. The token Indian developer, the girl that does the financials. It's a pretty well rounded team that i understood.

All the dialog between them and the VCs is something we could also relate to. Being the "hot chick".

All the techcrunch disrupt stuff etc. Lessons on what not to do like raising dumb money from that guy with the 650s.

I personally feel, from the 2 or 3 episodes I watched is that they took the reality of a start up and exaggerated it to make it entertaining.

One of these days I want circle back to watch it in its entirety. From what I've seen so far I liked it.

Love this show, fricking hilarious is you have a dry sense of humor with some technical flair.

Worth watching if those two things are of interests.

they took the reality of a start up and exaggerated it to make it entertaining.

Agree. I hope they manage to keep it entertaining and interesting for a long time, because the story has potential.

Loved the latest episode when they 'SWAT'ed letting the guy die... too funny.

Opportunity: fcuk Gina

Anyone else watch this show? Currently on Season 2.

I've watched that clip 100 times. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a TV show as I did the first time I saw it when it aired. The way they pause and then Dinesh deadpans into the whole "even if he jerks two dudes at a time" bit is priceless.

Loved the latest episode when they 'SWAT'ed letting the guy die... too funny.

Just caught up.

The SWOT was hysterical.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty accurate, this is my industry. As a matter of fact, two technical advisors are former employees of mine.

So hilarious, I am addicted, the billionaire on the show is also pretty accurate, usually i am faced with foreign (russkie and german) investors with that attitude.

Gawker: Silicon Valley Is Becoming a Documentary About Silicon Valley

• 10 months later...
I laughed so hard at this scene.

You little Stanford cunts! :lol2:

:lol2: hahahahahahaha why have I not watched this show?

:lol2: hahahahahahaha why have I not watched this show?

You have to, and they go quick! First season is a little slow with character development, but it picks up rapidly. Just about the only show (other than Billions) I actually make an effort to watch.

I am not sure if I watched all of the episodes, they have reruns here on pay TV but I always seem to miss track of what I watched and what I haven't, is there a place where I can buy/download all of the episodes to date?

I am not sure if I watched all of the episodes, they have reruns here on pay TV but I always seem to miss track of what I watched and what I haven't, is there a place where I can buy/download all of the episodes to date?

:iamwithstupid: is this on netflix?

I believe it's on Amazon prime. Worth checking out!

I really like it. Main reason. I have experience in both worlds reflected on the show.

My Dad was (retired 2008) in Corporate finance at one of the largest brokerage firms in Canada. In the late 70's started to look at tech and NASDAQ stocks because Vancouver's stock exchange was a little bad in reputation! He took a few software companies public in the 1980's.

My older brother and myself, well maybe a little spoiled growing up. My parents didn't see the value in us getting afterschool jobs. However my Dad did make us work for him. From about 13 up I worked answering his phone, getting photocopies done, etc. My brother did as well. Both around stock brokers, floor traders and other finance types. In 1985 my Dad took a software company public, he was also a major shareholder. My brother was into computers, he had a Vic in like 1980. We had a house in Tahoe and the company was based there. So my brother and to a lessor extant I worked there as well. My brother is still a computer programmer today. I basically worked for my Dad all my life.

The show does appeal to me just from being around tech companies from a young age and also being on the financing side of them.