Mclaren 720 is pretty fast

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard to believe, but I sure hope it's true.... 720HP certainly isn't enough for 146 MPH traps, so maybe it's actually making closer to 800HP, either way, if the car goes 145 MPH, I'm in....

my friend has one coming in 2 weeks and we'll be out testing it... :)

i think the rear is great. side is "ok" at best... and front is what really bothers me. i found that the darker painted cars are less ugly cause the "eye sockets" sort of blend in with the darker panels. on white or brighter colors, it just looks odd.

i think the rear is great. side is "ok" at best... and front is what really bothers me. i found that the darker painted cars are less ugly cause the "eye sockets" sort of blend in with the darker panels. on white or brighter colors, it just looks odd.

Exactly how I feel. They almost got it.

:iamwithstupid:

Technical marvel it is but so boring looking, one would think they could come up with a better look, give up some functionality for curb appeal .

The eye sockets kill it for me but I think in certain colors it looks very good, I wantched many reviews on it almost everyone said the same thing, extremely fast but unexciting, the LT version will be the one to have.

Now give me a P1 GTR in Gulf livery please 🙏

What do Huracans trap?

C&D test of Huracan LP610-4:

0-60: 2.5 secs

1/4 mile: 10.4 secs Trap Speed: 135 MPH

Performante should be close to the 720S through 130 mph, thereafter the higher hp of the 720S will win

Many of the reviews say the car is pretty boring. How can a car be boring if it goes 146 mph through the quarter? That's pulling so hard it has to be exciting.

But I do agree, it is a styling mess.

Many of the reviews say the car is pretty boring. How can a car be boring if it goes 146 mph through the quarter? That's pulling so hard it has to be exciting.

But I do agree, it is a styling mess.

I think it depends on where you live, the type of roads you have access to and the style of driving you enjoy, personally because of those factors in certain situations I don't find driving my SV as exciting as I found the Huracan to be as an example, you take the SV in its natural habitat, fast sweeping wide roads and it is an absolute monster but unfortunately I don't have access that often to such roads, hard to explain and I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense because the metrics suggest otherwise but that is the way I feel, perhaps the reviewers apply a similar logic.

Than there are the looks and sound which are huge contributors in the decision making process and will influence one's opinion.

Straight line acceleration is fun but how many times do you get to do that without risking going to jail, in particular where I live, they sucked the fun out of driving here :(

I like these angles, it's looks and design are controversial but it makes the 488 look very dated IMO, the 720S is very futuristic, I will look into the LT version of the car, I wouldn't mind owning a McLaren at some point.

C44EA143_5128_4C72_9432_1A01BEB954FF_1962_000005E72B3F6E3B.jpeg

45F245CE_1C8F_44D7_AA5B_FCEA8E4D4C38_1962_000005E7393A6288.jpeg

No Huracan will go 135. Not stock.

McLaren 675 is a high 130 car, the 720s is most likely a 140-142 car out of the box.

That.Is.Insane.

Agreed on the styling. Back is sweet, side is ok, front is a swing and a miss!

No Huracan will go 135. Not stock.

McLaren 675 is a high 130 car, the 720s is most likely a 140-142 car out of the box.

That.Is.Insane.

Agreed on the styling. Back is sweet, side is ok, front is a swing and a miss!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-l...4-tested-review

It says trap speed of 135...