Pump Gas Invitational 2017

Speed Syndicate

PGI.jpg

Get ready to row gears head-to-head with your pump gas car at our latest airfield side-by-side roll racing event, the Pump Gas Invitational (“PGI”). At the PGI what will land you in the winners circle is getting to the finish line first beating the driver next to you in one of our two classes: 93 octane or E85. No brackets, MPH limits, clock racing, participation trophies, or BS. If your vehicle has 4-wheels you can register and everyone is welcome to join in. PGI will run in the same format as our Texas Invitational event.

Register to drive here: http://texasspeedsyndicate.com/pgi-registration-tech-form/

Learn more about the event here: http://www.texasspeedsyndicate.com/phpBB3/...f=30&t=2006

I wonder if we will see some monster Aventadors out there as they can make 1350+whp on pump 93 octane haha.

I don't think I would hang but this looks fun :) Might just have to sign up.

Any other stage 3 w/race heads going?

Fowler Bros are bringing a Vent and are rostered. Interesting thing is the 93 octane class is pulling in big cube cars and the E85 has the smaller cube and V8's.

So methanol injection up to 49% of fuel is allowed in the pump gas class? That is insane! Secondary fuel system injecting a butt load of methanol is going to make this a 2000 whp class haha.

So methanol injection up to 49% of fuel is allowed in the pump gas class? That is insane! Secondary fuel system injecting a butt load of methanol is going to make this a 2000 whp class haha.

Sorry that was worded incorrectly/poorly. Form has been edited. If someone chooses to run meth as a primary in the 93 class we will just have to DQ them. Simple. Can't get as granular with the rules as all the engineers want. If competition is compromised, we can always make rule changes for the next event.

What happens on paper is one thing and what actually happens in an event is another. People used to be worried about drag cars, TH400's, and cars equipped with powerglides at TI. We let them run despite opposition. Hasn't effected the outcome one bit. While someone can rig their car to run on a decoy meth tank in the 93 octane class - no one ever has - and mph should ferret them out.

Allowing meth seems counter to the spirit of pump gas racing but there are really good rules already established by Hot Rod for PGDs you may want to check out.

No doubt bigger engines will have an advantage no matter what.

Cool idea.

While someone can rig their car to run on a decoy meth tank in the 93 octane class - no one ever has - and mph should ferret them out.

..to easy to cheat in this kinda racin... you cant tell by mph either... can easily sandbag and just have enough mph then other cars you are racin..

Just force everyone participating to fill up

on site from the same 93 octane pump.

I assume the aim of this event is to get closer to a true street event.

I am with PCJR on this to ensure fair competition.

Again I don't regard E85 as a true street car fuel , for as the Donald would opine no doubt, E85 is part of the 'climate change hoax' also designed to push up the price of tortillas!

In my drive across the US last year, E85 pumps were a bit light on the ground in the southwestern states!

A great event concept and I tips me hat to the Speed Syndicate Team. :icon_thumleft:

just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

Just force everyone participating to fill up

on site from the same 93 octane pump.

Exactly. We have a fuel vendor doing this for both 93 and E85. No one gets their number to race until they are filled up on site.

...there are really good rules already established by Hot Rod for PGDs you may want to check out...

Took a look at the rules here: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-0810-h...pump-gas-drags/ Our process is just like that except we don't have the cruise and we don't put a tamper proof seal on people's cars. Main reason is to avoid liability. We have tinkered around with the idea of making cars drive laps around the runway for a little while but it would turn into NASCAR with these guys. Just take a look at what happens when we force water off the runway with our trucks after a rain lololol.

I assume the aim of this event is to get closer to a true street event...A great event concept and I tips me hat to the Speed Syndicate Team. :icon_thumleft:

We will refine rules as we move forward. With good ideas from the people here and their support we can keep making it better and better.

Is this 93 octane only? For us, a Gallardo can make 1200whp on 93 octane, but if we set it up on E85, we can make over 2,000 whp. 93 only is the way to go for a real PUMP gas race, IMO. This will kill the race for the guys that want to run on 93 octane if others can run E85.

Is this 93 octane only? For us, a Gallardo can make 1200whp on 93 octane, but if we set it up on E85, we can make over 2,000 whp. 93 only is the way to go for a real PUMP gas race, IMO. This will kill the race for the guys that want to run on 93 octane if others can run E85.

There are two classes, so only 93 vs 93 and E85 vs E85.

Btw what fuel pump types are you guys running. Are the lambos on mechanical fuel pumps or electrical?

There are two classes, so only 93 vs 93 and E85 vs E85.

Btw what fuel pump types are you guys running. Are the lambos on mechanical fuel pumps or electrical?

Thanks for clarifying. Those Underground Performance guys need to read the rules mo betta.