Gallardo vs Z06 video

bgshow

This is me running against my friend in his Gallardo. This is an 02 Plastic mess-06 with intake and exhaust vs a bone stock G. Unfortunately, we didn't have a better cameraman, but this is what I got. Sorry about the bad video, but you can somewhat tell what happened. We went from 60 and I let off at 143. You can hear him run from 2nd to 5th.

He started in 2nd and I was in 3rd.

http://media.putfile.com/gallardo-vs-Plastic mess-06

Good run.

60 is a terrible start speed for the Z. At 50, you can still use 2nd to a degree. Whats the gearing like for the G? Whats it turning at 60 in 2nd?

Nice Video. Now try that with the C6 Plastic mess-06. :)

Id say it would be pretty close :mrgreen:

Sorry I love the Gallardo, but from the numbers it will be beaten pretty bad. Especially an E-gear.

Sorry I love the Gallardo, but from the numbers it will be beaten pretty bad. Especially an E-gear.

Yes it will. Not to take anything away from the Gallardo, it is an AWESOME car, but it is nowhere near as fast as the new Plastic mess-06.

Funny! 2 great cars, expecially the gallardo :)

wasnt there a video of a G taking on a beating a 500 rwhp cobra? I would like to see a race between a G and a new Plastic mess-06, ven if the G looses.

Didnt someone make a post already about several roll on races between the new C6 Plastic mess-06 and the Gallardo. He said that the new Plastic mess-06 didn't beat him. Do a search, I am pretty sure that already came up.

Didnt someone make a post already about several roll on races between the new C6 Plastic mess-06 and the Gallardo. He said that the new Plastic mess-06 didn't beat him. Do a search, I am pretty sure that already came up.

Yeah

Clax did and so far he has been called every name in the book.Bullshiter,liar,etc etc

This is a tough crowd

Everyone wants to believe that the new Plastic mess-06 is a Gallardo killer. It is most certainly fast, we know that. But how often do we see magazines and manufacturers lying about the power of their cars. I seem to remember the F430 going 0-60 in 3,5 seconds. We all know now that is bullshit. As for the Gallardo and new C6 Plastic mess-06, whatever. I would not rather drive the C6 if I had the money.

Sure, but we arnt comparing who wants to own which car. The question is, which car is faster, and judging by the numbers, as well as the few videos that have hit the web already, I think the C6 Z is considerably quicker on average.

for the money, and based soley on performance I don't think there is anything that can touch the new Plastic mess-06. However, a Gallardo will win hands down every time in a panty droppin' contest. :mrgreen: What'd the new Z run at the 'ring?

The tests at the ring can only considered as benchmarks if they are done the same day under same conditions by equal drivers.I will leave it at that.On such a long track you can lose precious seconds very easily if conditions are not ideal.I know when we race at Mosport or the Glen,depending on track conditions,there are sometimes fluctuations of up to 3 secs.That is ona 4km track.Multiply that by 5 and you can easily have erroneous results

The tests at the ring can only considered as benchmarks if they are done the same day under same conditions by equal drivers.I will leave it at that.On such a long track you can lose precious seconds very easily if conditions are not ideal.I know when we race at Mosport or the Glen,depending on track conditions,there are sometimes fluctuations of up to 3 secs.That is ona 4km track.Multiply that by 5 and you can easily have erroneous results

I guarantee you that they don't just test the car once. They will post the best time that the car runs, not the worst. Just because the Gallardo got killed by the Z at the ring, you don't have to make up excuses.

Sure, but we arnt comparing who wants to own which car. The question is, which car is faster, and judging by the numbers, as well as the few videos that have hit the web already, I think the C6 Z is considerably quicker on average.

What video? Only thing I have heard is someone here racing a C6 Plastic mess-06 with the '05 Gallardo and it not being any faster. Check the archives. I am not referring to who wants to own what, I am comparing performance in real world conditions, not magazine based track stuff. I didn't race the two cars, someone else did. That is the undeniable proof that I am referring to. I will say this though, if you can't get enough power out of a frickin' 7.0L V8 to whip the pants, and I mean whip the pants, off of a 5.0L V 10. I mean come on, barely faster than the G with an engine that is a full liter bigger displacement wise? Now we can talk about what people would actually like to own if you want, I think we already know the answer to that question.

It ran 7:42 at the ring.

What did the Gallardo do at the ring? How did it get killed? I would take it getting killed to mean that it was beaten by twenty seconds or so. What was the time difference.

Again, you cannot compare The Gallardos lap time which was achieved by a magazine driver with no experience behind the wheel of the car, who jumps in and takes a spin, to Chevy who took 2 weeks in the POS, changing suspension settings etc, with a factory chevy race driver to achieve their fastest time.

The newest Car and Driver tested the new Plastic mess-06 at @ 125 MPH in the 1/4. That is certainly faster than the Gallardo in the 1/4. No doubt about it. Maybe the Gallardo is faster above 120MPH??

The newest Car and Driver tested the new Plastic mess-06 at @ 125 MPH in the 1/4. That is certainly faster than the Gallardo in the 1/4. No doubt about it. Maybe the Gallardo is faster above 120MPH??

It is mathematically, scientifically, physically impossible for the car to be faster at any speed. It weighs more, makes less horsepower, and makes almost 100 lb/ft of torque less than the Z.

What video? Only thing I have heard is someone here racing a C6 Plastic mess-06 with the '05 Gallardo and it not being any faster. Check the archives. I am not referring to who wants to own what, I am comparing performance in real world conditions, not magazine based track stuff. I didn't race the two cars, someone else did. That is the undeniable proof that I am referring to. I will say this though, if you can't get enough power out of a frickin' 7.0L V8 to whip the pants, and I mean whip the pants, off of a 5.0L V 10. I mean come on, barely faster than the G with an engine that is a full liter bigger displacement wise? Now we can talk about what people would actually like to own if you want, I think we already know the answer to that question.

Look at the very first post by me. It is a *video* of me running my friend in his G in my 02' Plastic mess-06. I ran right next to him right up until 143, where I let off. The new Z will annihilate mine, so there is no way a new Z will not smoke the Gallardo.

Oh yeah and it blows by the 3.5 V12 Formula One race car. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: