The time has come

LPDADDY

to clean this forum a little more.

We are at the present the best Lambo forum regardless of what the others think.

We have a lot of positives:

Quite a few owners who actively participate.

Very helpful owners and non owners who volunteer a great deal of information

Lots of enthusiats who love lamborghinis

Our negatives:

Too much bickering at times over silly issues

Too much bashing of other makes

Too many young punks joiningjust to troll

Too many personal attacks on active members just because their opinion is not shared by someone elses.

These are just to name a few that come to my mind at the present.I am sure there are others.I have received numerous complaints from different members regarding most of these issues.

Although the site is open for everyone to enjoy,it would really be nice to have a larger percentage of owners joining and being active.We would all end up being winners in the long run.

In order to do so,we have to achieve a higher level of respectability.It will not be an easy task but i will have a discussion with the other mods on the next steps to take.

I would love to have as much feedback as possible form all the members and if you feel you do not wish to discuss it publicly,please PM me.

Allan

No smart comments please.I am being serious

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of it Aram, though not being able to bash the 612 would be akin to not breathing oxygen, so I can't subscribe to that no-bashing edict. In fact one of the draws of L-Power is actually the fact that the ownership group here gives straight answers on any car...they don't bullshit it, and blow sunshine up every make's ass undeservedly, which is definitely the case on the grabass-fest that is say 6speedonline.

It lets us stand out a bit more, and I think the information is more relevant, especially for those coming here to seek help on buying "their first Lambo", and how it will compare to their previous cars.

But since the beginning I've felt the owners deserve priority, attention, special treatment, and status, as that was the principal goal of the site being started when it was just a thought. A place where L-car owners could congregate without fear of having 20-something kids comming in and running their mouths about cars they've never even seen, let alone driven.

We've done well in policing the above, our 20-somethings know their place...for the most part. And the ones who don't aren't bothersome.

On the "too many personal attacks", I'd need some examples of where the talk has crossed the line from spirited debate to personal attack, but I don't have a problem saying that if you're an owner, you shouldn't be yapped at by any non-owner about anything. If owners want to lob grenades at each other, fine, but keep it civil (which they do 99% of the time). Where we get into bickering is when said 20-somethings non-owners engage actual owners and cease to back off after irritating the owner in question. That's something that needs to be laid down. People see mods and owners talking feely, expressing opinions, and believe "oh, I guess I can run my mouth too, yay, here's what I would do guys!" :lol:

The truth is, non-owners are mostly better seen and not heard. That's a bitch to hear, especially coming from a non-owner (myself), but before you kids get pissy think of the purpose of L-Power initially: A place where owners could go to meet and discuss mods, issues, meets, etc. The word Lambo "fan" didn't enter the discussion until much later. And we've been very good about not password protecting an owners-only area of the site, which is still very tempting to do.

I don't know, I hear what you're saying Aram, and I appreciate your interest in changing things, it's very impressive that you care enough about the board to be motivated to work to improve it. I'm sure others will be able to put into words how we can make the site better for owners, and more fulfilling for everyone who contributes.

Dare I say this !!!!! :oops:

The "other" site is MUCH more friendly, especially when it comes to getting advice. If you look at the C/T threads there are VERY few replies to cries for help. However on the "other" site there is a wealth of information thrown at you.

Look at when I did the replica trip, the response here was amazing, like little hitlers, seeking to ridicule etc.

Yes this site could do with cleaning up BIG time, just let us get back to what it was over a year ago when I first joined, a very helpful community for Lambo owners

( me ) and ANY genuine Lambo lover.

[-o< [-o<

Sorry terry, while we appreciate the post, your opinion is horribly biased by you posting replica pics and calling them real L-cars. No offense, but what did you expect? We despise replicas, and feel they harm ALL L-car owners by devaluing the marque.

If getting pats on the back for driving replicas (which should be illegal in my opinion) is more welcomed on the other site...well, I don't need to finish that sentence. Better that it continue over there rather than here.

As to the CT information, that's due to there being fewer CT owners that frequent our board, we tend to have a younger crowd, whose first L-car is a late model Diablo, Murcie, or Gallardo. I guarantee you, in the Gallardo section, we blow the "other" site away for information. So it's a trade off to some extent. I'd rather us be proficient in the modern cars frankly, as that's the area of the site that's growing the fastest in terms of new ownership.

Terry

Your opinion is very welcome.

Since i opened up the can of worms,i am going to elaborate some more.Granted we don't like the 612,myself included.It is hideous and the odds are almost no member here would buy one.Harping on it to no end will serve no purpose whatsoever.We should be above that.

How many threads have there been about the Plastic mess-06.?Is this a corvette site or a Lambo site.The Plastic mess-06 is a fine car with great performance and we all know it.I don't need to hear about it over and over again and then listen to some dieheard corvette zealots trying to flaut all the merits of the car.I don't care and probably most of us don't either.Enough corvette talk.

We are here because we love Lambos so let us try and stick to Lambos.That does not mean that any other car is not worthwhile mentioning.It is interesting to know about the competition and have some comparisons but not all year round.

Then we have the yahoos who have never stepped in any of the cars,Lambo,Ferrari,corvette or anything of any substance.Do we need to listen to their rants or magazine quotes when their real life experience is zero?

I for sure could not care less what they think.

That does not mean that non owners are not welcome to participate and ask relevant and somewhat intelligent questions.Some of these enthusiasts will become future owners and the information they get from us owners will hopefully influence their next purchase.

Romandad is a perfect example although i still don't understand how his BIG BONES fit in a Countach :mrgreen:

Nonetheless,he bought one and i think a lot of us played a very important factor in his decision.

Where do we draw the line,i don't know nor do i have an answer at the present time.What i can guarantee however that things are going to change and i will do my best to attract more owners to this site as the friendliness is very apparent but the silliness has to stop.If that means banning more people,so be it.

My ultimate goal is to have a site where owners and enthusiasts can get together and share information and have fun all at the same time without being part of silly dumb altercations.

And to thoseof you who don't know anything about the cars,listen,read ,learn and don't make any dumb statements that you can't back up.Challenging an owner about an issue he knows better than you form first hand experience is going to land you on the ban list really fast.

That's it for now.I am sure there will be more to come

Hi Mako, I did not want to drag up the replica trip at all again, BUT I still feel that people did not read that It was a JOKE ( that backfired) and I was not condoning replica's, it was just a means to an end to get rid of my boat, and to test whether anyone here recognised it as a replica ( which only one guessed. )

When I came here, people like Chad were here all the time helping any owner, there are LOTS of CT owners here, some have real experience and do offer help. What I mean is that if a tech question is asked, there must be people here that either know the answer but cannot be bothered to reply, but also people who have had the same problem in the past and know who solved it for them.

Don't get me wrong there is plenty of fun here, and some discussion which are worth reading, but very short of REAL info. (JMHO)

I still view the site almost more than any other person I bet, as I sit in front of my computer all day every day, I will continue to do so and watch with intrest.

:| :|

Well there is only one thing that is sticking in my mind from this thread and it is the complaints about too many non-lambo related threads. I don't participate in many of these but if I feel like it I will have a read but if I don't I ignore it. Is it that difficult to ignore threads or people?True if someone is blatantly trolling give them a warning and if they continue send them packing.

From my (non-owner) point of view this is a great forum and I think even if I was an owner I would feel the same way. I don't see enough silliness going on to warrant a big clean up. We only tend to have a problem probably once a month or two and I think it is a pretty good rate.

You may not really take what I've said with much credit but life goes on. I'm here to make and participate in a great site.

I understand for sure, and I wasn't one of the people who felt that you should be jumped on Terry, it was just a mistake. Those who know you know that you're above trying to pass a replica off as a real car.

The CT tech stuff is easy to answer, besides Dominic, and now Erik, most of the older CT crowd just either didn't "gel" with the younger owners on the board. Or, like you, found that it was just easier to get and give basic info on the older more established board in that area because of the fast response.

We'll get there eventually it takes time, and I'm actually enthused by how quickly the "tech" side of the Diablo, Murcie, and Gallardo sections have grown. The CT and hopefully Jalpa will get there too...eventually. :)

BMWRacer

Agree with you and long over due. The "negatives" you mention is what keeps me away from the General Forum...most days I don't even go there and only participate in the Diablo forum for info that can be shared with other owners.

Sorry for any typo's - still no power from hurricane and posting on small laptop.

How about an owner-only part on the forum, where everybody has read access, but only owners can post? :idea:

I don't know about that, but the youngsters posting about video games, etc really blows.

How about an owner-only part on the forum, where everybody has read access, but only owners can post? :idea:

Not a bad idea.We have discussed it in the past.I guess we can go there again.I just don't wan't it to appear too stuck up or elitist

but the youngsters posting about video games' date=' etc really blows.[/quote']

I totally agree Mike

I would suggest to separate Lambo related topics and "lifestyle/fun" related topics, rather than to cut off the latter. What about the following structure:

1) Lambo related "general" threads - everyone has full access

2) Lambo related "technical/specific" threads - owners have full access, other read-only

3) "Lifestyle/fun" related threads - everyone has full access

:?:

I think it would require some discipline from participants, but why not?

I own G car therefore I'm primarily interested in topics related to it. But what I like the most about this site is not that I can discuss tech. issued with fellow owners here, but that I always have real fun whenever I come here and read new topics. Compared to this, L-T site is simply boring :mrgreen:

Well, Ill jump in an be a “non-owner aka 20-something” to post here. ;) First of all, I definitely agree that a section of the site that is “read only” for non-owners would be benificial. It would help tech discussions stay on topic A LOT more, with replies being based on pure experience, rather than opinion. Everyone could beniifit by reading and learning, and only those who can truly help would be able to post. However, I disagree with the idea of a COMPLETELY password protected tech part of the site for owners, and the reason is this: I myself am 23 years old, and at least a few years away from having the means to purchase a Lambo. However, I WILL join this site as an owner in the next years. That I can promise you. I metriculate over to ALL the individual car/tech forums at LEAST a few times a week, because I enjoy reading about different things that occur with each car. I know a HELL of a lot more about Lambos then I did when I joined this site a year ago, and the main reason is that I read A LOT more than I post!!! I have learned about everything from electrical problems, problems/likes/dislikes about different trannys, different aftermarket pieces, wheels, tires, etc. about almost every model out there. I RARELY post in those sections, because I do respect the fact that owners hold a higher status on this forum (for good reason), and that those sections are more straight business, rather then general/off-topic/other cars, etc. when discussion is free for everyone. If I owned a Murci, and made a post about a warning light that showed up in my car one day, you are right. The LAST thing I would want is 100 kids throwing BS comments out there, on a car they’ve never seen or driven. So I think its important that the other non-owners respect those tech forums, and appreciate the fact that they are allowed to listen and read replies from the people they look up to and admire. If activity could be monitored on the site, youd see that out of ALL the hours ive spent in the last year on those forums, I probably have less then 50 posts among all of them.

All in all, I think this is the best car forum on the net. I frequent a few others, some of which ive been a member for YEARS. But yet, LP has slowly become my absolute favorite, and I now spend more time here then any other. :mrgreen: I definitely agree that there are areas of the site that could use some housecleaning, and I think its great that you are going to do it. I think ALL of the moderators that I have encountered are great guys, and regardless of them being owners or not (which I don’t think all of them are), I respect their knowledge, advice, and the responsibility they hold over keeping the site running as smoothly as possible. Like any authority, I respect what they are trying to do and I think everyone else should as well. ALL of us, whether we own a Lambo right now or not, are here for one reason. We ALL love Lambos. Some may never own one in their lifetime, and will browse the site just to read about the cars they have always dreamed about. (Lord knows I know PLENTY of GREAT people who will never afford a Lambo in their life, my Father being one of them). Others (like myself), WILL join the board as an owner one day, and the friendliness, advice and general attitudes of the club they are looking to join will CERTAINLY have an effect on their purchasing decision, as well as the board they will join afterwards looking for acceptance.

Regardless of what the site started as, owners do NOT run this forum. However, neither do non-owners. Enthusiasts run this forum, and I think that’s the best thing we could hope for. :mrgreen:

Thanks to everyone who contributes to making LP great. -Mike

I agree Aram, I remember when I joined before I got my car what it was like. I spent a lot of time in the G section gathering as much info as possible. That info is still there but I see new people (owners or soon to be) asking for that same info and it seems to be drowned out by a lot of non-lambo realted stuff. I have tried to get to some of these posts to help out in the G section but half the time the board is cluttered and I don't even see it and I browse everyday. I like seeing all that is here, not just in the G section and I don't want any of it go away. We just need to figure out how to sperate it all better so that we can get more owners on board and stick around. Anyways if you need any help with figuring it all out, let me know you have my number I'm more than willing to lend a hand.

BTW

We need the NWS section back that will help out for sure!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a sticky in each section (Murcielago, Diablo, etc...) With the best information on each model. Even setting up the sticky like this-

Question: *****

Answer:*****

It would be great to see forum get bigger as times go on and hopefully have a wider database of information. Just some ideas i thought i would throw out there.

Hi Mako, I did not want to drag up the replica trip at all again, BUT I still feel that people did not read that It was a JOKE ( that backfired) and I was not condoning replica's, it was just a means to an end to get rid of my boat, and to test whether anyone here recognised it as a replica ( which only one guessed. )

When I came here, people like Chad were here all the time helping any owner, there are LOTS of CT owners here, some have real experience and do offer help. What I mean is that if a tech question is asked, there must be people here that either know the answer but cannot be bothered to reply, but also people who have had the same problem in the past and know who solved it for them.

Don't get me wrong there is plenty of fun here, and some discussion which are worth reading, but very short of REAL info. (JMHO)

I still view the site almost more than any other person I bet, as I sit in front of my computer all day every day, I will continue to do so and watch with intrest.

:| :|

=D> yes we dont need this type of illegal posers getting promoted to real lambo status....

I like this board just the way it is.A little drama,a lot of technical and a decent share of humor.At the end of the day,it is still a message board.

Terry, I no longer have my CT but I have owned them and drove them for some few years. My last CT i owned for around 5 years and did most of the work myself. I am not nearly as knowledgeable as Mike or a few others but I have done quite a bit on them and can answer quite a bit of small tech questions or problems that I took care of in the past. Drop me a PM any time and I too will start looking through the CT threads to see if there is anything I can help with. I am guilty as charged for not looking through there and I probably could have helped on quite a few things. My routine is the general, off topic, other cars, and diablo sections because that is what I currently own but that will change starting today !

Now that is what I call a NICE answer ( Zoomboy :finga: )

Any info that we can gain about our cars from other members is always apprecviated. Mind you now i have my engine in bits all over my garage, ( going back in this week ) I think there is not too much I have not learnt.

Thanks again for a nice answer

I think that you have to be careful when labelling non-owners, guys. Just because someone doesn't own an L car doesn't automatically mean that they don't know about them (more than some owners, in some cases). I think that you need to split it like this:

1: Owners and knowledgable people

2: Those that post to learn

3: Pests.

Just my $0.02