Having some posting problems!!

Guest SP_wEaZeL

Guest SP_wEaZeL

Hey guys, I noticed that alot of our posts are ending up on other forums? Has anyone else noticed that? What do we do?

Hey guys, I noticed that alot of our posts are ending up on other forums? Has anyone else noticed that? What do we do?

What do you mean ? Links ?

What do you mean ? Links ?

The issue is that some Member or possibly Members seem to come on to L/P, take pics that Allan and others posted of cars in the General Section, and then also take stories, jokes, games, etc out of the Off-Topic Section, and quickly post them on another web-site.

I have noticed one Member and one web-site in particular, and we'd like to know if any Members see stuff from L/P cross posted on other car web-sites, after we have it posted here.

Joe - YOU have a PM

Again, we'd like to hear from L/P Members who frequent other car sites and have noticed stuff from L/P posted there.

Thanks

-James Miller

Aside from Allan posting so of his vids on supraforums.com and posting them here, I haven't seen anything cross-linked recently.

-Olivier

this remind me of something

http://www.exotixboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1516

damn FS you don t even change the title?!

lmfao :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where have I seen this before?

http://exotixboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=146...9c16a19851a59aa

Oh yeah, I posted it here. [-X [-(

TheLimey, this one should be familiar to you,

http://exotixboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1492

there are pics on gulfgt.com from an LP meet (the one where eric brought his blue GTR and Mark took all the pics). the person who posted them did not mention anything about the sources of the pics.

there are pics on gulfgt.com from an LP meet (the one where eric brought his blue GTR and Mark took all the pics). the person who posted them did not mention anything about the sources of the pics.

Any links ?

Why is this a problem? Unless they are stealing too much bandwidth and it slows down the site.

Maybe you should (if you can) dissable hotlinking of pics and vids

I think alot of stuff just seems to find its way across the web, i know i have seen the same jokes and stuff posted on many different forums over the years.

Personally, i usually give the original poster credit if i ever pass something along to a new forum. Some of the stuff Travis and The Limey post are just too funny!

Why is this a problem? Unless they are stealing too much bandwidth and it slows down the site.

I may be wrong on this, but I would imagine its a problem because LP has lots of content that is not available anywhere else.

Sure a picture is a picture, but its not really right to take someone elses pictures and post them without notice to the original photographer.

Same goes with stealing a thread.

What FerrariSlave has been doing is copying the content from LP (that is only available to members) and posting it on his site as if it was his own. I don't think that should be allowed. At the very least he should reffering back to the orriginal poster/forum.

I may be wrong on this, but I would imagine its a problem because LP has lots of content that is not available anywhere else.

Sure a picture is a picture, but its not really right to take someone elses pictures and post them without notice to the original photographer.

Same goes with stealing a thread.

What FerrariSlave has been doing is copying the content from LP (that is only available to members) and posting it on his site as if it was his own. I don't think that should be allowed. At the very least he should reffering back to the orriginal poster/forum.

^Agreed! Well said.

Any links ?

Pics by Mark from Concourso. I had to mention the source.

http://www.gulfgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14987

Pics from the California meet (w/ eric's blue GTR). pics were removed and my post on not mentioning the source was also removed.

http://www.gulfgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14451

pics from the august 19th run which you organized plus the pics (watermaked "sharper-focus.com"

http://www.gulfgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14624

Any links ?

Pics by Mark from Concourso. I had to mention the source.

http://www.gulfgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14987

Pics from the California meet (w/ eric's blue GTR). pics were removed and my post on not mentioning the source was also removed.

http://www.gulfgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14451

pics from the august 19th run which you organized plus the pics (watermaked "sharper-focus.com"http://www.gulfgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14624

[-(

Ferrarislave is stealing and posting on his site.

Never do I copy and paste peoples exact words from posts here, or anywhere. I do copy pictures that are hosted via mage shack that users post, but you can find those all other the net not just here I will admit to sometimes saving a attachtment that is posted, but what is wrong with that?. Most of the content posted can be found almost everywhere else. If you are worried about your content on other sites then water mark your attachtments so the word is spread about the site where ever its images are posted. I find alot of stuff from my forum, F-chat, 6speed, L-power on various other forums as well. Thats just how this stuff gets around the net. Most of the stuff posted can be found on other forums, and various other automotive news sites.

I tried linking back to the forum here, but I forget you can't see anything unless you register. Most people bitch and moan when they are asked to register when they click a link to view something. I don't claim any content I get from here or any other forum my own, I usally write "found this on insertforumnamehere)" in the begining of my post, or when it is copied from a news site credit is also given to the author and newsite.

Here is a recent thread I started with the Gallardo SE in Ithaca Verde, and in Orange pictures I found here. I gave credit where it was due. The images also already have a watermark from the person who took them.

http://www.exotixboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=10392#10392

Ferrarislave is stealing and posting on his site.

Never do I copy and paste peoples exact words from posts here, or anywhere. I do copy pictures that are hosted via mage shack that users post, but you can find those all other the net not just here I will admit to sometimes saving a attachtment that is posted, but what is wrong with that?. Most of the content posted can be found almost everywhere else. If you are worried about your content on other sites then water mark your attachtments so the word is spread about the site where ever its images are posted. I find alot of stuff from my forum, F-chat, 6speed, L-power on various other forums as well. Thats just how this stuff gets around the net. Most of the stuff posted can be found on other forums, and various other automotive news sites.

I tried linking back to the forum here, but I forget you can't see anything unless you register. Most people bitch and moan when they are asked to register when they click a link to view something. I don't claim any content I get from here or any other forum my own, I usally write "found this on insertforumnamehere)" in the begining of my post, or when it is copied from a news site credit is also given to the author and newsite.

Here is a recent thread I started with the Gallardo SE in Ithaca Verde, and in Orange pictures I found here. I gave credit where it was due. The images also already have a watermark from the person who took them.

http://www.exotixboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=10392#10392

LOL @ YOU giving L/P Credit on the above Thread.

Hey Dumbass! YOU edited that post tonight and added that YOU found those pics on L/P - LOOK under the last pic - says "edited by FerrariSlave on Tue Sept 27, 2005 at 9:09pm"

DUH!

And, NO, YOU don't give credit, YOU copy the exact Threads from L/P and post them on your web-site.

Of course some things get cross posted on alot of car web-sites, but come on, look at ALL the Threads you took from L/P and re-posted on your site.

What YOU have been doing is quite different from just random cross posting.

-James Miller

Say what you want, credit is given where it is due. You post an image and you want to be credited for it? Watermark it so the whole world knows its yours. I don't copy exact words from threads, there are a few that I have posted but never copied word for word. You making it sound as if i am copying and pasting threads exactly as they are posted from L-power to my site and calling them my own foundings.

Look what happend with the Gallardo spyder pictures, they where all over the net in less then 10 minutes, it even sparked some tension between the site and the factory. You can't have "exclusive" content on the net, it is shared with everyone.

Say what you want, credit is given where it is due. You post an image and you want to be credited for it? Watermark it so the whole world knows its yours. I don't copy exact words from threads, there are a few that I have posted but never copied word for word. You making it sound as if i am copying and pasting threads exactly as they are posted from L-power to my site and calling them my own foundings.

"You making it sound as if i am copying and pasting threads exactly as they are posted from L-power to my site and calling them my own foundings"

YES!

THAT is exactly what you have done on several Threads there in the European Section and the Off-Topic Section. EXACT wordings, pics, etc.

And again, the adding of credit to L/P tonight Tues Sept 27th, 2005 at 9:09pm was obvious. YOU started that Thread days ago. There was NOT a mention of L/P on that Thread on Sunday night.

-James Miller

True, there was not any mention what so ever! One member said below that he seen the pics on L-power the same day the thread was started. The rest of your saying is not true, even if it were you are making it far bigger deal then it is. The images on this site are not 100% exclusive to this site, they are readly avalible on the net and anyone can post them where they want. The images posted in that thread are marked with a watermark by the person who took them, so credit is obviously there!

True, there was not any mention what so ever! One member said below that he seen the pics on L-power the same day the thread was started. The rest of your saying is not true, even if it were you are making it far bigger deal then it is. The images on this site are not 100% exclusive to this site, they are readly avalible on the net and anyone can post them where they want. The images posted in that thread are marked with a watermark by the person who took them, so credit is obviously there!

Don't be Stupid, Stupid.

Go look at the Threads YOU started on your web-site, then look at Threads on L/P - both in the European Section and Off-Topic. They are exactly the same as here on L/P.

-James Miller