All users - PM about becoming a vip member scam-

capt_chaos

Should anyone receive a pm from any user, other than one of the Mods, about becoming a VIP or any other such spammy stuff please ignore and do not click on any link within that pm.

Thanks.

[Edit by Roman to cover the fact that theyre using multiple screen names).

• 1 month later...

Just got one of these from puiprofcerlins1985 who sent me the PM 2 minutes after joining this Forum with 0 posts. Claimed I'd become a VIP member for free if I clicked a "This Page" link. Needless to say, I didn't take the bait. Be careful guys & gals.

Obviously we do not hand out VIP invites. You either pay or you get nominated so should recieve any form of invite or click nonsense then do not click.

Looks like we have had a bit of an attack and of bots.

• 4 weeks later...

As best I can tell, this was one of the most sophisticated spam attacks weve ever had... At least 20 different accounts that I've been able to uncover... All signed up within a span of a few days, sharing three five ips (that I've found.)

If you get one of these (after the date of this post) PLEASE post the account name.

• 8 months later...
As best I can tell, this was one of the most sophisticated spam attacks weve ever had... At least 20 different accounts that I've been able to uncover... All signed up within a span of a few days, sharing three five ips (that I've found.)

If you get one of these (after the date of this post) PLEASE post the account name.

Bringing to everyones attention

Any pm offering VIP upgrades etc and is not part of This list then it is not genuine.

Any pm from this user or similar then should be blocked and reported.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showuser=219556