My Diablo SVR restoration

andecorp

My SVR restoration is almost complete. Time to do the livery, which I have a bit of problem deciding on.

The car has been restored and I have been certified with FIA historic certification. She is entered in next year's '90s GT Legends series in Europe for all events.

As soon as the livery is finished, I'll be doing countless track days to familiarise myself with her. Then full mechanical restoration again before she gets shipped to Europe early next year where she'll spend the whole year.

The dilemma I am facing is which livery to use. The orange/black #16 livery is what she used in Europe when she won the championships there.

The 666 livery is what she used in Australia for the Nations Cup GT championships, where she became the star car of the series and VERY well known.

I think the 666 livery looks infinitely better, but shouldn't I do the orange/black livery since that is what she was known with in Europe?

post-1512-1472195674.jpg

post-1512-1472195688.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between the 2, I'd also vote 666. Would it be blasphemy to make your own livery though?

This and same question too.

The 666 is my preference by far as well. I just thought for the Euro crowd it might have been better to have it in the original orange/black livery as that is what they would have remembered it as (if they did at all).

I can't do my own livery. She has to be in period correct livery from when she raced, in order to be eligible.

Your car in european glory! I would prefer that spec. ;)

Regards

Leo

My SVR restoration is almost complete. Time to do the livery, which I have a bit of problem deciding on.

The car has been restored and I have been certified with FIA historic certification. She is entered in next year's '90s GT Legends series in Europe for all events.

As soon as the livery is finished, I'll be doing countless track days to familiarise myself with her. Then full mechanical restoration again before she gets shipped to Europe early next year where she'll spend the whole year.

The dilemma I am facing is which livery to use. The orange/black #16 livery is what she used in Europe when she won the championships there.

The 666 livery is what she used in Australia for the Nations Cup GT championships, where she became the star car of the series and VERY well known.

I think the 666 livery looks infinitely better, but shouldn't I do the orange/black livery since that is what she was known with in Europe?

bhd12.jpg

Your car in european glory! I would prefer that spec. ;)

Regards

Leo

Funny you post this. I'm pretty sure that photo is an older picture of a friend of mine. :)

From the heart I would say go for the 666 livery, I have seen a lot more photos from this Diablo like that instead of the 16 livery.

But I would be tempted to put her back to identical SuperTrophy livery with the red line on the side sill and the typical 'Phillipe Charriol Watches' script to run her in Europe ... however, don't count on too many people still remembering her like that, I do, but I'm weird ... or so I've been told.

Too bad you aren't allowed to drive her in the #01 livery of the press car, I like the Bull on the side of this

diasvr4.jpg

There are two other liveries with #666 I have found:

diasvr60.jpg

diasvr62.jpg

I would go for the swords at the front instead of the large Durex logo :icon_mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...