IPB

X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will the Mercedes gt s follow the sls in appreciation?
dnm7
post Dec 26 2016, 01:19 PM
Post #1

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 216,014

The gt s are getting cheap now do you see them appreciating like the sls? Any production numbers on them?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
djantlive
post Dec 27 2016, 11:28 AM
Post #2

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 22,371

I doubt it. It is very much mass produced. Just about every dealer have 1-2 gt in stock. That was never the case with sls.

+Quote Post
VCR
post Dec 27 2016, 11:43 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,591

QUOTE (djantlive @ Dec 27 2016, 11:28 AM) *
I doubt it. It is very much mass produced. Just about every dealer have 1-2 gt in stock. That was never the case with sls.

iamwithstupid.gif

Moreover, the GT R is coming too.
+Quote Post
Rouleur
post Dec 27 2016, 12:04 PM
Post #4

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 203

I think that is going to be the bargain "exotic" buy pretty soon. They are building a ton of them as they are the 911 alternative. This was never meant to be anything other than a mass produced car, albeit a lot of car for the money.
+Quote Post
djantlive
post Dec 27 2016, 08:28 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 22,371

I test drove a regular gt and wasn't impressed. It felt very heavy like a jag or Aston. I had really hoped it would be better based on stellar reviews of the gts.

I jumped into a c43. It felt much lighter and easier to drive at 1/2 the price. Not that c43 was better car but clearly gt was a disappointment
+Quote Post
IanMan
post Dec 27 2016, 08:56 PM
Post #6

Formerly Doc K

Member No.: 210,225

Highly doubt it. I knew the SLS AMG and SLR McLaren would appreciate but this doesn't have any noteworthy traits IMHO to be considered collectible, at least not for another 30 years.

--------------------

QUOTE (capt_chaos @ May 19 2017, 12:59 PM) *
That said I seen some pictures of people on this website and they do not look like they have evolved properly.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Dec 27 2016, 09:33 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 7,524

Boring car, not much different than my wagon C63, at least I can haul lots of stuff in the back of the wagon.

The V8TT isn't bad but the gearbox is a huge let down, when engaging 1st or reverse from a standstill at times is so clunky that the whole car shudders, I am embarrassed if I have some in the car, very disappointing from Benz in this day and age.
+Quote Post
RedGTS
post Dec 28 2016, 10:39 AM
Post #8

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 1,912

QUOTE (Fortis @ Dec 28 2016, 12:33 AM) *
Boring car, not much different than my wagon C63, at least I can haul lots of stuff in the back of the wagon.

The V8TT isn't bad but the gearbox is a huge let down, when engaging 1st or reverse from a standstill at times is so clunky that the whole car shudders, I am embarrassed if I have some in the car, very disappointing from Benz in this day and age.

Not sure if this is what you're talking about and you probably know this, but I've noticed a little clunkiness after coming out of park on my wife's C63, and it's because the car automatically engages the parking brake when you put it in park, and then automatically disengages it once you apply the accelerator in drive or reverse, which can be a little clunky sometimes if it doesn't release at the very first hint of pressure on the accelerator. Now if you're talking about clunkiness when you've already been driving (like stopped at light), that's another issue.

--------------------

Underground Racing TTG
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Dec 28 2016, 04:27 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (RedGTS @ Dec 29 2016, 04:39 AM) *
Not sure if this is what you're talking about and you probably know this, but I've noticed a little clunkiness after coming out of park on my wife's C63, and it's because the car automatically engages the parking brake when you put it in park, and then automatically disengages it once you apply the accelerator in drive or reverse, which can be a little clunky sometimes if it doesn't release at the very first hint of pressure on the accelerator. Now if you're talking about clunkiness when you've already been driving (like stopped at light), that's another issue.

I think you might be correct but the clunkyiness is like a big shudder/thump, it's so loud at times that it can be heard from outside.

They are putting the 9 speed in the E63, it will be interesting to see how it behaves but I think I will go back to Audi when the RS4 Avant gets here, I am starting to like the C63 more and more but I am still not there yet with it, the build quality isn't there for me, lots of wind noise and tiny annoying rattles, not as bad as the first one I had, that was terrible, the second car is much better, I always said that I shouldn't get the first year of production but I can't help myself I am too impatient.
+Quote Post
Chin.Up
post Jan 6 2017, 09:37 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 127,685

Most likely not.

It was easier to predict the SLS appreciation when we knew it was a modern day version of the 300SL, especially with the iconic doors on the SLS coupe and that they were going to discontinue production after the Black Series.
+Quote Post
Kevin2772
post Jan 6 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 9,632

My closest dealer has 4 lined up in their used showroom.
+Quote Post
porter
post Jan 6 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #12

LP Resident Ninja
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,428

QUOTE (Fortis @ Dec 28 2016, 05:27 PM) *
I think you might be correct but the clunkyiness is like a big shudder/thump, it's so loud at times that it can be heard from outside.

They are putting the 9 speed in the E63, it will be interesting to see how it behaves but I think I will go back to Audi when the RS4 Avant gets here, I am starting to like the C63 more and more but I am still not there yet with it, the build quality isn't there for me, lots of wind noise and tiny annoying rattles, not as bad as the first one I had, that was terrible, the second car is much better, I always said that I shouldn't get the first year of production but I can't help myself I am too impatient.

We had a G550 and G63 and were tired of them, ended up getting rid of both and getting C43. Very impressive car! Wish they had the C63 there but didn;t have one on the lot and I am impatient too haha. Only had it couple months., it's tons of fun the only thing it doesn't have is soft close doors which sucks because my son wakes up from his nap each time the door is closed.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 6 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Soft close doors are a MUST when you have children, I have to get out of the car countless of times to shut their doors it's very annoying to say the least.
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Jan 23 2018, 08:23 PM
Post #14

Jedi Ninja

Member No.: 8,919

QUOTE (dnm7 @ Dec 26 2016, 01:19 PM) *
The gt s are getting cheap now do you see them appreciating like the sls? Any production numbers on them?

Not chance at all. The SLS has halo status, while the AMG GT S is more top end standard line car, like the SL range.

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2018 - 01:40 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag