Rhyno's new house

rhyno

I really enjoyed Fortis's house building thread so I decided to take pictures of my new place as I'm building and post so you guys/gals can follow the progress. It's nothing like Fortis place but I'm sure a few of you will enjoy it!

So I bought a 18 acre Vineyard in my hometown (I'm in the wine industry) and it has 15.5 acres planted with Riesling and Gewürztraminer. The last 2.5 acres is the homesite. I guess there was a house on the property but it had a flood and the last owners knocked it down. The really great part is that it has a mature oak tree lined driveway that passes a tennis court on the way down to the spot where the house was. This property was perfect for what I wanted. It took me a few years to get a good deal on it but I now own it and have started building my dream house and Bull pen :)

So i will first post a few pics so you guys can understand the lay of the land.

This picture is an over view of the whole property......

IMG_6451.jpg

This picture is from the top of the property near block 4, the picture was taken to show the West view of the lake.

IMG_2791.JPG

This is the Oak tree lined driveway when you first enter the property

IMG_2790.JPG

Tennis court on the right of the driveway or north side of the homesite

IMG_4453.JPG

This is where the old house was

IMG_2788.JPG

There was also a detached garage hidden behind some trees on the south side of the homesite that I knocked down (too small)

IMG_0799.JPG

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am loving this already :icon_super:

I want to see a Bull in the livingroom and I am not taking NO for an answer!

Haha, I went through three different designs. My very first design was three levels and the whole bottom level was a garage with a view of the lake. When we brought that design to the builder we found out the cost was just not worth it! I really did want to have a Miura in my living room but it's just not going to happen :(

This place is even more amazing in person. Can't wait to see it all done. Congrats again buddy.

Thanks Dallas! Wait until you see the progress :)

Haha, I went through three different designs. My very first design was three levels and the whole bottom level was a garage with a view of the lake. When we brought that design to the builder we found out the cost was just not worth it! I really did want to have a Miura in my living room but it's just not going to happen :(

NOOO, you must bring a bull in! :icon_mrgreen:

You have a lot of land why not build on one level with very high ceilings or perhaps a split level where the master bedroom is upstairs?

Congrats Ryhno! Sick land layout you got there! Will be watching out for this progressive thread. Thanks Rhyno!

Place looks amazing... Can't wait to see the result!

If you don't mind me asking which wines do you produce... As a fellow Canadian I'm curious and would love to try it. ☺

Place looks amazing... Can't wait to see the result!

If you don't mind me asking which wines do you produce... As a fellow Canadian I'm curious and would love to try it. ☺

Right now I have a contract with Quails Gate winery so they are using my grapes in there wines! There Riesling ice wine came from my property last year :)

That is the kind of place I would dream of. I am subscribing to this one, that property is amazing! Congratulations on the acquisition.

That is a spectacular canvas to start with, you could build a shack there and it would be amazing to wake up to everyday.

:icon_thumleft:

Congrats rhyno, awesome acquisition. Very cool Quail's Gate is using your grapes. We are building too (I think), will swap notes with you.

Fantastic property Rhyno, congrats! I hope this does not sound imposing but perhaps you may wish to consider working with the local Lamborghini dealership to arrange a driving event to your place. A herd of bulls will create the perfect pic!

This is going to be epic! How many sq ft will the house roughly be?

Can't wait to see the progress on this.

House will be 4000 sq with a two car attached garage.

The detached garage is 2500 sq

I should be able to fit 12 cars pretty easy :)

porter, that is sweet your building! Let's definitely swap notes. This is my first build so I'm a Virgin lol