2016 R8

Davvemannen

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like the new R8 has greatly improved as far as performance standards. Unfortunately if it gets released looking like a kit car, which IMO is what those pics look like, Audi will be in a world of hurt as far as sales figures go. Most buyers are initially attracted to more than just the performance of a car. They should have at least kept the carbon fiber side blades.

Uninspired, boring as hell, and looks even more TTish than the last facelift. I hated the new NSX and thought it looked too much like an R8 in it's overall shape. After going back and looking again it doesn't look too bad compared to this. Hopefully with better light and in it's final guise it will look better.

Does that really look like there is a Huracan underneath? I don't think so.

I heard they were not going to share the same chassis, to help separate Lamborghini from Audi.

The R8 is a great car, in the sense that its quick, fun, and it looked good. But it was just too muted of a car for the segment it runs in. Its great if you want something sporty for a daily driver, but it just did not stir the emotions like the gallardo did. Sadly in this, i think they muted the sportiness of the car even more. Which is the opposite of the direction they needed to go with it.

The R8 is a great car, in the sense that its quick, fun, and it looked good. But it was just too muted of a car for the segment it runs in. Its great if you want something sporty for a daily driver, but it just did not stir the emotions like the gallardo did. Sadly in this, i think they muted the sportiness of the car even more. Which is the opposite of the direction they needed to go with it.

:rolleyes:

:iamwithstupid:

I think unemotional is the word, it suffers of McLaren 12C syndrome otherwise a very good car.

Audi has a good car in the R8 I don't understand why they don't go all out when it comes to its design.

Keep in mind it has an Audi badge and costs 100k less for essentially the same car. It's not supposed to be a super model. VW doesn't want it to be equally desirable or no one would buy the twice as profitable Lambo.

Keep in mind it has an Audi badge and costs 100k less for essentially the same car. It's not supposed to be a super model. VW doesn't want it to be equally desirable or no one would buy the twice as profitable Lambo.

I agree with you and so would anyone with a brain :icon_thumleft:

The difference between a new R8 and a new Huracan is about 30K Euro in most parts of Europe, my Spyder costs more than a Huracan Coupe. So the 100K number is wrong on the other side of the pond.

But it doesn't matter, since the R8 is still the better allround car for the money, regardless what lameass R8 haters say :icon_thumleft: