Demon vs 720S, Huracan Next?

FikseSTS

the 720 pulled away dramatically quicker than i expected. Aero, light weight, the fact it is already rolling....

it was ok from a 40 roll.... from a stop on the street with the OEM drag radials, spin spin spin...

Can the Demon just not put the power to the ground?

Would like to see how Huracan stacks up to it.

The 720S beats the H, as a matter of fact the 675LT even beats the H car both the 675LY and the 720S cars are just insanely fast.

I have over 4K on my 675LT and it has become one of my favorite cars of all times.

However the Lamborghini and the McLaren are just two totally different style and driving machines, They both have the strengths and their short comings. Not fair to JUDGE just on a straight line for a few seconds.,

The 720S beats the H, as a matter of fact the 675LT even beats the H car both the 675LY and the 720S cars are just insanely fast.

I have over 4K on my 675LT and it has become one of my favorite cars of all times.

However the Lamborghini and the McLaren are just two totally different style and driving machines, They both have the strengths and their short comings. Not fair to JUDGE just on a straight line for a few seconds.,

I had Huracan vs Demon in mind, Brooks already did 720S vs Huracan.

it was ok from a 40 roll.... from a stop on the street with the OEM drag radials, spin spin spin...

The street muscle car has reached its expiration date for winning at the strip on stock suspension/tires.

Way too much power to effectively harness.

Dodge has made faster factory Challengers for this application (I believe they are track only). Way less power than a Demon or even Hellcat.

The issue is that in order to harness that power effectively you essentially turn your drag car into a one trick pony that's now even less suited to daily driving and twisty/road course driving.

I would take a wide body Hellcat 6 speed over a Demon because in my mind it is a better car in every way but one.

Make no mistake about it, a Demon in the right hands with the right modifications and patience will be unbeatable at the strip compared to exotics, without having to touch the drive-train one bit.

But that's a big undertaking and not worthwhile IMO unless that's all you care about.

Torque is about winning at the strip and horsepower is winning on the autobahn.

Was driving around in a Demon a few weeks ago. EXTREMELY overrated.

I haven’t drove one, however you confirmed what I was thinking. Seems like a marketing gaff to me, not a great car.

I’m not a big dodge fan boy, but it appears to be more of an icon of domestic excess. Gobs of power, probably not great fit and finish, but incredible sound and a brag worthy number that will beat most cars on the road. It never stood a chance against a McLaren.

Dodge has made faster factory Challengers for this application (I believe they are track only). Way less power than a Demon or even Hellcat.

That's a class specific bracket car, so power isn't everything.

The issue is that in order to harness that power effectively you essentially turn your drag car into a one trick pony that's now even less suited to daily driving and twisty/road course driving.

The car can be optioned with 4" wide front tires and a race gas pcm... no shit it's a one trick pony, that's what it was meant to be from day one. On the decent concrete with good tires i'd bet it can hang with the 720, but at your average stoplight it's far from the quickest thing around. It's a track car, and on a prepped strip it will put the wood to all of them, as it should. Most people here couldn't give half a fcuk about that, so this obviously isn't a car that will interest them.

Dodge has been very upfront about what this car is, and isn't. Apply the appropriate expectations and it's exactly what they intended it to be.

The car can be optioned with 4" wide front tires and a race gas pcm... no shit it's a one trick pony, that's what it was meant to be from day one. On the decent concrete with good tires i'd bet it can hang with the 720, but at your average stoplight it's far from the quickest thing around. It's a track car, and on a prepped strip it will put the wood to all of them, as it should. Most people here couldn't give half a fcuk about that, so this obviously isn't a car that will interest them.

Dodge has been very upfront about what this car is, and isn't. Apply the appropriate expectations and it's exactly what they intended it to be.

Most people here couldn't give half a f*** about that?? :lol2:

Maybe not the full Christmas tree experience with the tire warm up burnout, but quite a bit of threads here about what exotics can do against each other in drag racing.

It seems to me to be of ample interest here, just that in this scenario the Dodge is not a car that interests them because it's a POS non exotic.

The #1 reason to consider a Demon, Hellcat, ZL1, GT500, etc is for the sensation of speed. Throw out the stopwatches and do a lot of real world driving that doesn't involve launch control and ask passengers which cars feel the fastest off the line or just upon stomping the gas between the muscle and exotics. Probably won't be the euro hardware unless some turns are involved....

That guy on Fchat that has every car out there raves about his Hellcat specifically for the torque (and the sound). "My Aventador is faster certainly, but man this thing is so much fun to drive"...and "this thing is/feels faster than my 5th gen Viper"....

To dismiss one because it doesn't give the very best ETs is either being a muscle car hater or just missing the boat on what these cars are about.

I haven’t drove one, however you confirmed what I was thinking. Seems like a marketing gaff to me, not a great car.

Another issue I have too and that isn't talked about much:

Automatics may lay down the #s but the sensation of speed isn't as great as that of a manual, IMO.

Automatics feel good when used in powerful luxury cars and SUVs, but even with muscle I think manual is better for the pure enjoyment factor.

Autos by their very nature cannot give you a violent upshift, whereas with a manual you can get that. It's like that dual vs single clutch debate...

Most people here couldn't give half a f*** about that?? :lol2:

Maybe not the full Christmas tree experience with the tire warm up burnout, but quite a bit of threads here about what exotics can do against each other in drag racing.

It seems to me to be of ample interest here, just that in this scenario the Dodge is not a car that interests them because it's a POS non exotic.

The #1 reason to consider a Demon, Hellcat, ZL1, GT500, etc is for the sensation of speed. Throw out the stopwatches and do a lot of real world driving that doesn't involve launch control and ask passengers which cars feel the fastest off the line or just upon stomping the gas between the muscle and exotics. Probably won't be the euro hardware unless some turns are involved....

That guy on Fchat that has every car out there raves about his Hellcat specifically for the torque (and the sound). "My Aventador is faster certainly, but man this thing is so much fun to drive"...and "this thing is/feels faster than my 5th gen Viper"....

To dismiss one because it doesn't give the very best ETs is either being a muscle car hater or just missing the boat on what these cars are about.

I get all of that and i'm anything but a muscle car hater, but consider the audience and realistic usage. Sensation of speed is largely based around acceleration (unless you're going open top small visceral car) and when you melt the tires at anything under 100mph you're not going forward. The novelty is awesome but it has to be a worthy tradeoff. I'm not dropping that kind of $$ on a demon when 50% of it's novelty is useless driving around town. From what I gather on the stock pcm with stock tires people are getting a high 10 @ 13x out of them, on a prepped surface. On shitty asphalt, good luck getting a sub 4.0 0-60 out of it.

As I said, the only thing a demon is good at is legitimate drag racing, and I see very few people using them for that. Hopefully they can sort the chassis/tire combo and make it reasonably driveable, but "on the street" it's very likely to get kicked in the nuts by much slower cars. I'm not sure it would fare too well against a Focus RS in a stoplight race. :crybaby2: And I sure as shit wouldn't go picking on an E63.

I got 4.1 to 60... :)

I get all of that and i'm anything but a muscle car hater, but consider the audience and realistic usage. Sensation of speed is largely based around acceleration (unless you're going open top small visceral car) and when you melt the tires at anything under 100mph you're not going forward. The novelty is awesome but it has to be a worthy tradeoff. I'm not dropping that kind of $$ on a demon when 50% of it's novelty is useless driving around town. From what I gather on the stock pcm with stock tires people are getting a high 10 @ 13x out of them, on a prepped surface. On shitty asphalt, good luck getting a sub 4.0 0-60 out of it.

As I said, the only thing a demon is good at is legitimate drag racing, and I see very few people using them for that. Hopefully they can sort the chassis/tire combo and make it reasonably driveable, but "on the street" it's very likely to get kicked in the nuts by much slower cars. I'm not sure it would fare too well against a Focus RS in a stoplight race. :crybaby2: And I sure as shit wouldn't go picking on an E63.

The fun factor for the Demon is just lighting tires up everywhere you go form doing U Turns to just doing burnouts at stop signs. Demon is an easy daily driver and handles perfectly fine as a daily if you want to. Then when want power just step on it. Part of the fun with muscle cars is spinning the tires. If that is not your thing then a ZL1 Camaro or Demon or Hellcat is not the car for you. It is the opposite of owning a Nissan GTR if that makes sense. The muscle cars I always have traction control off. my co pilots just giggle and say how ridiculous the car is...bc it is so fun and doing burnouts are so easy.

If you can own a muscle car and an exotic then you have the best worlds. Then you can decide which to drive depending on your mood and what you feel like doing in the car.

The fun factor for the Demon is just lighting tires up everywhere you go form doing U Turns to just doing burnouts at stop signs. Demon is an easy daily driver and handles perfectly fine as a daily if you want to. Then when want power just step on it. Part of the fun with muscle cars is spinning the tires. If that is not your thing then a ZL1 Camaro or Demon or Hellcat is not the car for you. It is the opposite of owning a Nissan GTR if that makes sense. The muscle cars I always have traction control off. my co pilots just giggle and say how ridiculous the car is...bc it is so fun and doing burnouts are so easy.

If you can own a muscle car and an exotic then you have the best worlds. Then you can decide which to drive depending on your mood and what you feel like doing in the car.

Im looking at adding a 2017-18 Corvette Z0-6, 650 hp 650 torque, pretty good value for the dollar...no it's not an exotic, but as mentioned the fun factor and the best of both worlds is a pretty good draw for me anyway..IMO

I haven't seen anyone hit Dodge's claimed time on any prepped track. Quickest and fastest I've seen is a 9.933 at 136.79 mph, and that was with ET street R tires and racegas. A 720S ran a 9.7 with race gas. Yeah, it's close, but put the wood to them? Even on skinnies, stripped, 840 hp tune, etc, the answer is no so far.

Fikse's car on Corsa tires has gone as fast as the fastest Demon out there currently, and that's on pump gas. And it can do more than go straight.

I haven't seen anyone hit Dodge's claimed time on any prepped track. Quickest and fastest I've seen is a 9.933 at 136.79 mph, and that was with ET street R tires and racegas. A 720S ran a 9.7 with race gas. Yeah, it's close, but put the wood to them? Even on skinnies, stripped, 840 hp tune, etc, the answer is no so far.

Fikse's car on Corsa tires has gone as fast as the fastest Demon out there currently, and that's on pump gas. And it can do more than go straight.

I think most can wrap their minds around the 720S being the better car...

The Demon is the tax on a 720S in many countries.

Closest 720 race in Florida so far. :lol2:

Next race should be vs. a Huracan with some turbos added by a company in NC. A stage three vs. a 720 would be the best comparison since their price tags are about the same.

I love this comment, finally someone with common sense seeing each car for the purpose they were build, accepting that and using them as such, it really bugs me when people compare cars when they are clearly design for different purposes and emphasizing their short comings in the areas they weren’t design for!

Damn I hate my sledgehammer, I am having such a hard time fixing my watch with it :eusa_wall:

I love this comment, finally someone with common sense seeing each car for the purpose they were build, accepting that and using them as such, it really bugs me when people compare cars when they are clearly design for different purposes and emphasizing their short comings in the areas they weren’t design for!

Damn I hate my sledgehammer, I am having such a hard time fixing my watch with it :eusa_wall:

:icon_mrgreen:

I'm holding out on a Macan Turbo vs. Cayenne Turbo until the final Hockenheim lap times are released.

:icon_mrgreen:

I'm holding out on a Macan Turbo vs. Cayenne Turbo until the final Hockenheim lap times are released.

You are more of a Macan type of guy, go for it :icon_mrgreen: