Anyone available to check out two cars?

Kevin M.

Almost twice the price for a manual car ? Is that really happening ? If it is that's insanity.

I have noticed your dislike for in regards to the pricing of manual cars. It really is a question for each person to answer for them self. Some think its worth it, some think not. I for one love my gated LP670-4SV and would NOT EVEN CONSIDER trading it........EVEN straight across for a BRAND NEW Aventador S or SV, a obvious depreciating asset. I noticed several times you say the end of the manual was due to NO ONE wanting them, so the factory stopped making them. Thats not entirely correct.

The REAL reason company's such as Lamborghini and Ferrari stopped with the manual is based on cost, NOT what the customer wanted. Both company's are small and have limited space for production lines. To have two SEPARATE cars produced on the same AUTOMATED line is not possible. The Manual car takes an entirely different wiring harness, ECU computers, TC system as well as LONGER to install the parts on the car. This caused the assembly line to be slowed down and basically put a stop to production for a time JUST TO finish ONE MANUAL car. Then add to that the cost of TWO separate owners books, two separate stocking of parts, two separate warranty thresholds..the list goes on and on and on...basically two separate cars. Then as if thats not enough, ADD to that the DOT requirement for ALL vehicle manufactures to maintain in their stock 5% of ALL parts for cars sold in the USA for a period of 10 years for warranty replacement, recalls and spare parts.

So in a nut shell, they were building two cars, engineering two cars, stocking parts for two cars.....and yes, that became costly ineffective. So they slowly over the years slid us into the GREAT E Gear and F1...then came up with the reason that no one was wanting or ordering manual cars. Not true. They just found a way to cut costs and up profits with ONLY one offering...good for them thats business...and as time goes on, our kids will never know what a manual car is or was, that is sad.

Granted, the E gear and F1 systems will make ANYONE shift faster and drive like their a race car driver...but FOR ME and quite a few others, I rather go 2/10 of a second slower from one stop light to the next on the open public roads, while getting to enjoy using ALL my senses given to me to operate a car and be one with it. AND NO E gear or F1 will EVER EVER replace the engine idle up down sound of a great manual going through the gears..NEVER!!

It is worth mentioning that ST Louis Lamborghini JUST this week sold there 1 of ONLY 3 2009 Black LP640 6 speed Roadsters with 4300 miles on it for close to $500K...My yellow one has a THIRD of the miles and is a ONE of ONE and priced lower then what they sold theirs for...so we know there are buyers out there, just have to wait till one comes a knocking and makes an offer. Till then, I AM HAPPY to be caring the torch and holding onto legends in the car world.

When did you notice my dislike for the pricing? Whatever you noticed was a misunderstanding on your part, I couldn't care less about it, it does not affect me at all, I am just shocked that's all and making comments for the sake of discussions on the subject, the sole reason for participating in a discussion forum.

I drove both and a manual tranny doesn't make a car twice as good nor twice as valuable IMO.

I am not bashing you, you are a business man and I expect you to market your product at the highest rate the market and your own marketing will allow. Good Luck.

I am not sure about your theory about the cost of production E-gear V Manual I've been on this board for over 10 years and read just like everyone else threads about new orders, how many of those orders were for manual cars while they were still offered? The answer is, not many, if they did you would have a hell of a lot more on the used market.

Love your dig about the SV being a depreciating asset LOL is that until you get one in stock and you use upper cases calling in a REAL Lambo :icon_mrgreen:

None of these cars are investment grade, doubling a few hundred k investment in 10 years isn't something to jump up and down about when it's mostly based on pure luck, no self respecting businessman would invest in such manner therefore I consider them, money wasting toys that bring me joy, when they do and a horrid waste of space, time and money when they don't. LOL

Gee wiz...didnt mean to hit a nerve on you, just stating my thoughts as you are yours...

here is in the classified section, another manual for sale and you wrote this as well.

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP

Member No.: 7,524

Same deal like before everyone loves the manual but only if someone else buys it, save the manuals but I will buy an auto thank you very much icon_mrgreen.gif

That's why the factory doesn't make them anymore there is no demand, I am very curious to see the uptake on the new manual GT3, everyone is very excited that the option is there they praise Porsche for offering it but most who place orders seem to go for PDK, it would be interesting to see stats.

And as far as the Aventador S and SV a depreciating asset....they are, everyone knows that, not bad but it is percentage wise a larger loss then the current pct on the previous versions and especially MANUAL cars that have been sold.

But, as you said...its all for the fun and love of the toys...thats why I used my own privately held and owned and not for sale LP670-4SV as an example...it has nothing to do with my business..its my own toy and I enjoy it way more then ANY other Lambo of any model or year I have driven to date...my 3 own Diablo 6.0 cars, also not for business sale come in a very very close second.

Sorry if you took my post personnel, it was not intended that way at all..just pointing out my thoughts and facts.

Inmo, the manual version of the Murci is worth whatever you have to pay. I would never want an Egear. The first Egear I will buy will be an Aventador, largely because its far improved over the Murci, but even more so that I have no other choice.

Gee wiz...didnt mean to hit a nerve on you, just stating my thoughts as you are yours...

here is in the classified section, another manual for sale and you wrote this as well.

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP

Member No.: 7,524

Same deal like before everyone loves the manual but only if someone else buys it, save the manuals but I will buy an auto thank you very much icon_mrgreen.gif

That's why the factory doesn't make them anymore there is no demand, I am very curious to see the uptake on the new manual GT3, everyone is very excited that the option is there they praise Porsche for offering it but most who place orders seem to go for PDK, it would be interesting to see stats.

And as far as the Aventador S and SV a depreciating asset....they are, everyone knows that, not bad but it is percentage wise a larger loss then the current pct on the previous versions and especially MANUAL cars that have been sold.

But, as you said...its all for the fun and love of the toys...thats why I used my own privately held and owned and not for sale LP670-4SV as an example...it has nothing to do with my business..its my own toy and I enjoy it way more then ANY other Lambo of any model or year I have driven to date...my 3 own Diablo 6.0 cars, also not for business sale come in a very very close second.

Sorry if you took my post personnel, it was not intended that way at all..just pointing out my thoughts and facts.

All good relax we are just making conversation, I didn't take anything personal (even though your post was addressed to me :icon_mrgreen: ) and you hit no nerve.

I thought I probably hit one with you since you are hunting me down for making what you perceive to be negative comments about your beloved manual cars haha.

I am simply saying that in the past when available to order from the factory the larger majority of buyers weren't buying manuals, they were paying extra for e-gear, no idea why but that's what's happened.

Simple stats, less manuals sold new they are now difficult to come by so a small niche market was created, like any market it's a matter of supply and demand not necessarily one is better than the other, therefore as I said before there is no way I would personally pay twice as much for a manual tranny car but if others do I have no issues with that, more power to them and huge congrats to whom is pocketing large profits, that's what business is about :icon_thumleft:

BTW I felt like a man again today, I took my manual GT4 out for a 4 hour drive LOL

All good relax we are just making conversation, I didn't take anything personal (even though your post was addressed to me :icon_mrgreen: ) and you hit no nerve.

I thought I probably hit one with you since you are hunting me down for making what you perceive to be negative comments about your beloved manual cars haha.

I am simply saying that in the past when available to order from the factory the larger majority of buyers weren't buying manuals, they were paying extra for e-gear, no idea why but that's what's happened.

Simple stats, less manuals sold new they are now difficult to come by so a small niche market was created, like any market it's a matter of supply and demand not necessarily one is better than the other, therefore as I said before there is no way I would personally pay twice as much for a manual tranny car but if others do I have no issues with that, more power to them and huge congrats to whom is pocketing large profits, that's what business is about :icon_thumleft:

BTW I felt like a man again today, I took my manual GT4 out for a 4 hour drive LOL

I agree 100% that one is not better then the other. After all, they are both Lambos...as I said in the beginning its a personnel preference. One correction to be made, the MANUAL cars for 2009 as well as 2010 that were specific ordered, COST the same as the E-Gear car..there was NO $10K discount which is what the e gear "addition" cost per the MSRP. When I bought my 09 6 speed roadster as well as my 10 670-4SV 6 speed, I had to sign and acknowledgement for Lambo that the was no discount. That may have scared a few people off from buying/ordering at the time. I can say it was also a very very difficult loop to jump through when I ordered both of mine. Back and forth to make sure we could get it, then back and forth of no price change and finally back and forth to sign an addendum that I was ordering a 6 speed INSTEAD of the advanced tech E Gear...so this alone could have been a turn off for some as well as a lot of Dealers just plain out said YOU CANT get it as they did not want to deal with it, which was my experience until the 3rd Dealer assisted me to make it happen on both my 09 and 10 car.

As far as pocketing a HUGH profit, the only person that did that was the person that bought it at MSRP and then sold it to me for a premium...I hope to make a profit of fairness...but the OWNERS prior to me made the bank. No one that has one, really wants to let them go.

Im not sure why that stick roadster I posted in Edmonton in so "cheap" maybe someone knows its history.

I dont think its cheap...I think its a PRE LP which there were a LOT more 6 speed cars then the LP versions. After all ALL 02 and 03 cars are stick cars.

On top of that, once you add in your boarder/broker fees and the Customs Duty to bring it into the USA...your at another $15K give or take a little...so back up at $170K

I agree 100% that one is not better then the other. After all, they are both Lambos...as I said in the beginning its a personnel preference. One correction to be made, the MANUAL cars for 2009 as well as 2010 that were specific ordered, COST the same as the E-Gear car..there was NO $10K discount which is what the e gear "addition" cost per the MSRP. When I bought my 09 6 speed roadster as well as my 10 670-4SV 6 speed, I had to sign and acknowledgement for Lambo that the was no discount. That may have scared a few people off from buying/ordering at the time. I can say it was also a very very difficult loop to jump through when I ordered both of mine. Back and forth to make sure we could get it, then back and forth of no price change and finally back and forth to sign an addendum that I was ordering a 6 speed INSTEAD of the advanced tech E Gear...so this alone could have been a turn off for some as well as a lot of Dealers just plain out said YOU CANT get it as they did not want to deal with it, which was my experience until the 3rd Dealer assisted me to make it happen on both my 09 and 10 car.

As far as pocketing a HUGH profit, the only person that did that was the person that bought it at MSRP and then sold it to me for a premium...I hope to make a profit of fairness...but the OWNERS prior to me made the bank. No one that has one, really wants to let them go.

You've encountered issues because you order them on the verge of them being phased out, they were trying to stop producing them therefore they stripped the incentive and made damn sure you really wanted them, quite understandable

Try ordering a "controversial" color or weird interior combo etc., you sign all sorts of papers and leave a hefty non refundable deposit, car dealers are very afraid to be left with an undesirable product.

I am going through the same at the moment, I want the new E63 in a wagon, Benz doesn't want to bring wagons here because last time they did they got stuck with them, nobody wanted the wagon and they sat around for years on dealer's lots until they sold them at a crazy discount rate, I offered to pay for one in full at order and they are still refusing to bring me one.

Hey I am not having a go at your or anyone for making a profit, I am a hardcore capitalist, you play fair and you make money I am loving it, that's what business is about :icon_thumleft:

Stopped by Lambo of Dallas today and spoke with John Hrad. He told me that it's a 1-owner car. Clutch life remaining is @ 50%. The front bumper underside has been resprayed. Driver side mirror housing is a little loose. Clear bra on the front. Tires have good treads.

Not sure about the date. Forgot to check. Otherwise, real clean car, inside and out. Wasn't able to start the engine, though. Hope this helps. Good luck!

20170805_135627.jpg

20170805_135624.jpg

20170805_135712__1_.jpg

20170805_135743.jpg

20170805_135554.jpg

20170805_135436.jpg

20170805_135455.jpg

20170805_135554.jpg

Thanks for your time. Now I've got to decide if I want 07 yellow vs 09 VI

Good problems to have!

Stopped by Lambo of Dallas today and spoke with John Hrad. He told me that it's a 1-owner car. Clutch life remaining is @ 50%. The front bumper underside has been resprayed. Driver side mirror housing is a little loose. Clear bra on the front. Tires have good treads.

Not sure about the date. Forgot to check. Otherwise, real clean car, inside and out. Wasn't able to start the engine, though. Hope this helps. Good luck!

20170805_135627.jpg

20170805_135624.jpg

20170805_135712__1_.jpg

20170805_135743.jpg

20170805_135554.jpg

20170805_135436.jpg