SC Range Rover

DrFuzzy

Anyone have any impression on the full size Range Rover Supercharged. I am currently in a 2014 Raptor and have loved it. Recently I've been really looking into the Range and am about to trade the truck in for that as a daily. Does anyone have an experience with these? Thoughts on them? How's the reliability and the maintenance? Would love to get an owners perspective on this.

I found the interior space in the Rover's substantially smaller than expected. Raptor's had more but i'd definitely get in one before cutting a check.

I found the interior space in the Rover's substantially smaller than expected. Raptor's had more but i'd definitely get in one before cutting a check.

I had a first gen one. Small inside, some materials inside were very cheap, nav was awful, very hard on brake pads, gas mileage in the low teens. Dealers are subpar. That said it drove well, comfortable, plenty of power and was a good long distant cruiser. There are known issues with the air suspension, fortunately, we never experienced that failure.

I have a new one in the long wheel base and it's phenomenal. I've had 2 of the previous Sports and a full size supercharged - the current model is legit.

I test drove pretty much every SUV under the sun and it came down to the G63 vs Range. G63 is so badass but the range is super quiet, comfortable and so far (knock on wood) very reliable. As long as it's under factory warranty you can extend it as well - it's only ~$4k for the 75k mile, 5 yr I believe.

Newest Rovers are the best SUVs out there. Very well appointed and drive like cars.

We recently moved on from them after 10 or so in a row due to the aluminum construction. It makes the car great to drive but there are only two body shops in the country that can fix them. Unfortunately someone rear ended ours and it took them 9 months to figure out they couldn't fix it and totaled it. No way we were going to go through that again.

Same concern with a number of new Mercedes, Audis, etc. If something bad happens, it's really a pita.

I'll echo previous sentiments. Smaller than you expect on the inside.

My opinion of Range Rover is admittedly biased... I had nothing but issues with my first one. Computer would shut it off in middle of freeway driving. Ridiculously unsafe. Had videos of the issue occurring, dealer and RR engineers couldn't resolve after 2months. It was returned under lemon law. But what a hassle and PIA. The 2nd was better. Glitches periodically here and there. Consistently both vehicles would get excessively hot on floor. Borderline burning hot. Wouldn't matter if heat was turned off. Especially near the 2nd row/rear seats.

May have kept it a year at most. Moved on and haven't regretted it.

Drove a brand new LWB a few months ago. Supercharged Autobiography. What a wonderful truck. My buddy hasn't had much of a problem with it since he bought it, knock on wood, and it was great to drive, electronics were good, nav seemed nice. I only drove it about 35 miles though, so not a ton of experience. I will say, they are expensive though.

The LWB is really the best route if space is your thing - the back seats recline and it's got legroom for days. There really is no better option if you're looking for something with space.

Thanks for all the responses! I'm scheduled to go test drive an Autobiography LWB tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how it drives.

I also got a new 2015 autobiography LWB back in 2015 for my wife . Has 30k on it now and it's been amazing . Beautiful SUV and drives amazing. It's our second Range Rover and probably the only thing we will replace it with is the next gen full size lwb

You will love it