Aventador Dual Clutch Version

NNL21

Hi, does anyone heard anything about the Aventador Dual Clutch Version coming out soon, since the Huracan is already with Dual Clutch Transmission.

You will probably have to wait for the Aventador's successor. MAYBE on a special edition near the end of the production cycle maybe 4-5 years down the road. My thought is whatever comes after the Aventador it will have an even more advanced DCT type tranny. Also expect 750+ awhp, active aerodynamics , 0-60 @2.6sec , top speed @ 220mph.....in other words another great bull!!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think you will ever see it in an Aventador. The car was designed around the ISG gear box, I doubt a DSG would fit. The DSG is much larger and much heavier than the current box.

I don't think you will ever see it in an Aventador. The car was designed around the ISG gear box, I doubt a DSG would fit. The DSG is much larger and much heavier than the current box.

Plus the ISR single clutch is more raw and unrefined...worthy of a proper V12. The Huracan is great, but the dual clutch gear box is way less fun than the overly aggressive single clutch in the Aventador. I'm happy Lambo (and Pagani for that matter) have bucked the trend of going the dual clutch route.

I disagree with the fact that the DSG is less fun in the Huracan, it is a LOT of fun! :icon_mrgreen:

After coming from 8 years of egear Lambos I see the benefit, single clutches are fun 20% of the time and quite a big PITA the rest 80%, with properly tuned DSG's you can have the best of both worlds.

I prefer dsg as well, but it's not likely, I hear the facelift is getting updated actuators rather than a new box, assume difference will be like Gallardo to lp560 when it got similar.

Plus the ISR single clutch is more raw and unrefined...worthy of a proper V12. The Huracan is great, but the dual clutch gear box is way less fun than the overly aggressive single clutch in the Aventador. I'm happy Lambo (and Pagani for that matter) have bucked the trend of going the dual clutch route.

Different strokes for different folks... I personally agree with you. I've driven all of the new dct stuff from BMW, Mclaren, and Ferrari. I like them, but don't love them. For me it takes away from the thrill...I prefer the single clutch. I totally understand why the dct's are so popular. Haven't driven the Huracan yet but I will be driving one this weekend.

If they dump a DCT in the SV and shave few hundred kg in the process they will have a WMD on their hands, I know, wishful thinking!

If they dump a DCT in the SV and shave few hundred kg in the process they will have a WMD on their hands, I know, wishful thinking!

DCT and cutting weight are mutually exclusive unfortunately.

Different strokes for different folks... I personally agree with you. I've driven all of the new dct stuff from BMW, Mclaren, and Ferrari. I like them, but don't love them. For me it takes away from the thrill...I prefer the single clutch. I totally understand why the dct's are so popular. Haven't driven the Huracan yet but I will be driving one this weekend.

:iamwithstupid: Not to say that dual clutches are bad, because they are efficient and fast...but I personally like the feel of a single clutch more. To me it's a more involved and rewarding experience and give me a better sense of what is going on with the car.

:iamwithstupid: Not to say that dual clutches are bad, because they are efficient and fast...but I personally like the feel of a single clutch more. To me it's a more involved and rewarding experience and give me a better sense of what is going on with the car.

:iamwithstupid:

• 3 weeks later...

To separate some fact from fiction, here's what we've been told from factory:

- The SV, will be single clutch

- As soon as SV is done, the facelifted Aventador is coming (makes sense, we're only 4 years into the lifecycle, and the SV production is starting in November of this year, ask me how I know ;))

- Yes, a facelift, as it maintains the Aventador name

- The Facelift, is confirmed, to have a dual clutch transmission

- Yes, wtf Lamborghini, you're using the SV name in vain

You have it on my good authority it's coming right after the SV, I demand a cut :D

Nothing at stake they guys I was betting sort of walked away from it, so other than personal satisfaction I am getting nothing, sorry :icon_mrgreen:

They also said the Aventador production will stop with production car # 4000, not sure how many Aventadors were built to day but #4000 can't be too far away.

Very unlikely - we already have #3755 in production, a dozen more without a VIN Assigned yet, and we still have May - October allocations to do! Pirelli Edition cars are supplemental. All we've been told is that all Pirelli cars need to be sold before November, i.e. SV production. We should have 8 cars this year.

Then it'd make sense for a VIN cap, then they control the final tally of pre-facelift cars with the SV run-out then boom bam, facelifted car.

Talking of, Lamborghini also qualmed they're considering a dual clutch SV with the facelifted car. So, essentially now rather than being the final, grandest edition of a car culminating its decade of development with one last hurrah, it's become a sporty edition. Oh Lamborghini.. are you really Audi's bitch? Is this really just an RS badge but written in Italian :|

You guys don't like being thrown back in your seat by the single clutch transmission? I thought that was one of the coolest feelings while driving. :D

I would be extremely pissed buying a SV and seeing a facelift debuting shortly after. Ask me how I know...

Well .. that all depends ... I passed on a few "body kit" face lifts with no real performance ... especially if its a paint scheme or something that I feel is just ugly and only a "dude" would know that it is special (for me ... teenage dudes who know slight differences in lambos are not my intended audience.. I like a big ass flashy car that makes super models and Vacant bimbos or empty headed blondes exclaim "whos is that?" so anyway tell me how you know and also .. what is shortly there after. I need to switch 12 cyl cars each year or two because they quickly hit the 50k mark #extended warranty

I use Conc's sister as my "sounding board" lol I showed here a recent Lambo ... facelift and she said it looks unfinished or half painted... so I didn't buy that one. Concs sister is just the type of bimbo that is worth impressing... she wont ask for marriage.. and is really hot ... is a Sex Machine beyond belief ..and will really get excited about a car. also you don't have to listen to anything she says and she is nice and pleasant

Talking of, Lamborghini also qualmed they're considering a dual clutch SV with the facelifted car. So, essentially now rather than being the final, grandest edition of a car culminating its decade of development with one last hurrah, it's become a sporty edition. Oh Lamborghini.. are you really Audi's bitch? Is this really just an RS badge but written in Italian :|

If you recall with the Diablo, the SV was not the "final variant" of that line, the 6.0 was. The SV doesn't necessarily mean final, it's mean "most raw and sporty" since the Diablo SV was the "entry level" package since it was RWD. Same with the Muira and Murcielago, they just happened to make those at the end of the production cycle.

Sounds like I will want to pickup an Aventador that is pre 2016 then, because I am not a fan of the idea of this car having having a dual clutch.