Question regarding SV: License plate holder and storage

lamborarri

Picked up my SV a month ago, since I got it from out of state, haven't put license plate on it yet. Today I tried to put it on, I'm not sure if I get the euro style or what's going on. The US license plate holes do not line up with the plate holder. Am I getting the wrong plate holder?

I checked out the entire interior, all it's got is a small net behind passenger seat. I have to put my phone, wallet and key right next to my dick while driving, which isn't any good I guess. I wonder what kind of storage bin do you guys use? Or just simply tell the passenger to get out and use passenger seat as storage? Lol anyways, would love to hear some ideas.

Thank you!

Picked up my SV a month ago, since I got it from out of state, haven't put license plate on it yet. Today I tried to put it on, I'm not sure if I get the euro style or what's going on. The US license plate holes do not line up with the plate holder. Am I getting the wrong plate holder?

I checked out the entire interior, all it's got is a small net behind passenger seat. I have to put my phone, wallet and key right next to my dick while driving, which isn't any good I guess. I wonder what kind of storage bin do you guys use? Or just simply tell the passenger to get out and use passenger seat as storage? Lol anyways, would love to hear some ideas.

Thank you!

There are small storage areas with nets behind both seats but difficult to access without moving seats. I use them for first aid kit and fire extinguisher. I ordered my SV with travel package which is an additional storage area in the middle tunnel on the passanger side and a cup holder. One is for the phone and the other for the wallet :)

There are small storage areas with nets behind both seats but difficult to access without moving seats. I use them for first aid kit and fire extinguisher. I ordered my SV with travel package which is an additional storage area in the middle tunnel on the passanger side and a cup holder. One is for the phone and the other for the wallet :)

Thank you for reply. I searched around, saw the travel package option mentioned in many SV's, but I actually couldn't find any car with an additional storage and cup holder at all. Do you mind take a picture? If oem can spec it, I'm pretty I can just order thru dealer.

The nets behind the seats are too deep and too hard to use. I only put registration and insurance card there, can't think of any practical usage.

get the travel package, on the SVR you get 2 nets, 1 cup holder, and a storage cut out behind each seat. you can fit everything you will ever need!

Mine has nothing just a net behind the driver's seat which in my case is RHS, no idea what good that will do when it's impossible to reach :lol2:

Thank you for reply. I searched around, saw the travel package option mentioned in many SV's, but I actually couldn't find any car with an additional storage and cup holder at all. Do you mind take a picture? If oem can spec it, I'm pretty I can just order thru dealer.

The nets behind the seats are too deep and too hard to use. I only put registration and insurance card there, can't think of any practical usage.

I meant the cut above SV letters, maybe it is not a part of the travel pack. It is good enough for a phone or a (slim) wallet

1468486342.jpg

Mine has nothing just a net behind the driver's seat which in my case is RHS, no idea what good that will do when it's impossible to reach :lol2:

did you order travel package?

did you order travel package?

No I didn't, I missed that one, do you guys know you could've ordered a glove box? It was/is available via ad personam, a local SV has it.

No I didn't, I missed that one, do you guys know you could've ordered a glove box? It was/is available via ad personam, a local SV has it.

yes I heard its like 5-7k lol

with these cutouts you have plenty of room. no glove box needed.

yes I heard its like 5-7k lol

with these cutouts you have plenty of room. no glove box needed.

I didn't think it was so much, I will ask.

I hate clutter anyway so I will figure something out but most of the things I need can stay in my pockets, key, wallet, phone.

I didn't think it was so much, I will ask.

I hate clutter anyway so I will figure something out but most of the things I need can stay in my pockets, key, wallet, phone.

That's what I was thinking: wallet stays with me as would my keys. The cel phone should be slim enough to fit in the slot where it was designed to. The only possible items would be sunglasses and garage door remote. The remote can go on the sun visor or get a key-fob-sized one. Sunglasses can be hung on the shirt so all should be good. It's a SV so less is more and better.

Thank you guys! Man, this thing is SPARTAN!

Will give it a try and see if it fits both my phone and wallet. I always thought that slot was just for the ipod connector and the ipod itself.

BTW, I called the dealer about adding a cup holder and travel pkg, it is possible but would cost a lot. It has to order a new panel, mechanism, cup holder etc. It's not worth.

The nets are very hard to reach, I wouldn't put anything there other than registration.

Perhaps you can try one of this?

Available at the BMW parts department. I think that tab should fit into the slot where the iPhone/iPod is design to go. Add a paper cup and you should be able to store something inside it.

IMG_6160.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps you can try one of this?

Available at the BMW parts department. I think that tab should fit into the slot where the iPhone/iPod is design to go. Add a paper cup and you should be able to store something inside it.

Thanks for the tip VCR! I picked up one on eBay for around $35. This thing works beautifully in the side slot on the passenger side. It fits snuggly in it like it was made for it. Best of all, can be removed without any modifiications to the SV. I wasn't trying to be cheap about it, just don't like having a cup holder right there all of the time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161466191213?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sorry, still having problem loading any pics.

The side tiny pocket is great, I stick the car key in there my garage remote and the phone I keep in my pocket having said that the phone might also fit, I will try next time, storage solution solved :icon_thumleft:

The side tiny pocket is great, I stick the car key in there my garage remote and the phone I keep in my pocket having said that the phone might also fit, I will try next time, storage solution solved :icon_thumleft:

my iphone fits only when running naked. the pocket is kinda too narrow.

my iphone fits only when running naked. the pocket is kinda too narrow.

I just tested it, iPhone fits very well but it won't fit together with the key and garage remote so only enough storage for two items LOL

Thanks for the tip VCR! I picked up one on eBay for around $35. This thing works beautifully in the side slot on the passenger side. It fits snuggly in it like it was made for it. Best of all, can be removed without any modifiications to the SV. I wasn't trying to be cheap about it, just don't like having a cup holder right there all of the time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161466191213?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sorry, still having problem loading any pics.

what floor mat are you using? with the cup holder it fits snugly in the slot w/o modification? great thinking!

I was thinking it would be great if the driver's side trim also had a slot in it, is that possible I wonder?

I know the RHD cars have the slotted pad on the opposite side, I wonder if LHD car trim can be installed in RHD cars and vice-versa.

That way we could have two slotted pads in the car.

Can someone here take a close up of theirs on a LHD car I will do the RHD so we can see if it will work?

I was thinking it would be great if the driver's side trim also had a slot in it, is that possible I wonder?

I know the RHD cars have the slotted pad on the opposite side, I wonder if LHD car trim can be installed in RHD cars and vice-versa.

That way we could have two slotted pads in the car.

Can someone here take a close up of theirs on a LHD car I will do the RHD so we can see if it will work?

In theory, it could be done. However, there is a disc drive/SD card reader right above the pad. I would be very cautious on taking out and/or mounting something there as we don't want to inadvertently sever a wire or a harness. There is a ton of wires inside the centre stack.

Also, it may work on your car as its RHD and there's nothing to the right of the right leg. It likely wouldn't work on the LHD cars as a slotted pad will be thicker and that might get in the way of the right leg.

what floor mat are you using? with the cup holder it fits snugly in the slot w/o modification? great thinking!

Got those from Andrew in Canada. His Instagram is droid6.

www.ExotiCARe.ca

Great set of quality mats. Such a shame to put dirty shoes on them though.

Just slides into the slot, fits snuggly in it with water bottle without any movement at all. Remove the cupholder whenever you want to without any scar.