Would you trade your Aventador coupe for the new Huracan Performante?

glasslipper

Just attended the debut of the new Huracan Performante. Besides record breaking lap times, unique aerodynamic features and new forged composite materials, could you see yourself replacing your Aventador coupe?

Just attended the debut of the new Huracan Performante. Besides record breaking lap times, unique aerodynamic features and new forged composite materials, could you see yourself replacing your Aventador coupe?

nope, never...flagship model V12...I don't plan on taking mine to the track, so frankly the A is fast enough for me. And looks wise, it's hands down better looking than any version of the H.

I believe the Aventador attracts a completely different type of owner, those that want the car with the most presence. As others have said, the Perfomante is a performer and will destroy an Av on track in terms of handling and speed. If one wants performance = Perfomante. Presence = Aventador (or V12 variant).

They're two completely different cars. The v12 is the flagship parade car and the v10 is the performer.

:iamwithstupid:

Agreed. 2 very different cars for 2 almost mutually exclusive purposes. The V12 and scissors doors are statements. The V10 car is more fun to drive if doing track and the twisties is your game. But in terms of presence, it can never duplicate or come close to the A. The V12 cars were never meant for track use or for race per Ferruccio Lamborghini's original vision for his cars. And its performance isn't too shabby either. The V12 will still win in V-max and, perhaps, has a slight advantage in a drag. Lamborghini has to be stupid to market a car that does everything better than their flagship model.

I did the unveiling on the first day in Dubai. Performante is mind-blowing by what they said... but V12 is still king of the hill. I will be keeping Anniversario for obvious reasons but this new car is going to be Balla!

I did the unveiling on the first day in Dubai. Performante is mind-blowing by what they said... but V12 is still king of the hill. I will be keeping Anniversario for obvious reasons but this new car is going to be Balla!

The transmission on the Aventador feels old, compared to the dual clutch on the Huracan. The Huracan is so much more satisfying to drive in every way. It does not have the Aventador's looks but, when you drive the H you forget about looks. That's why I got rid of the Aventasdor and kept the H.

The answer is Aventador with Huracan running gear. :read:

How would you guys feel if Lamborghini did that? Stick the V10 and the DCT in the back of the Aventador?

How would you guys feel if Lamborghini did that? Stick the V10 and the DCT in the back of the Aventador?

That would suck. V12 flagship has to have a flagship v12

That would suck. V12 flagship has to have a flagship v12

The transmission on the Aventador feels old, compared to the dual clutch on the Huracan. The Huracan is so much more satisfying to drive in every way. It does not have the Aventador's looks but, when you drive the H you forget about looks. That's why I got rid of the Aventasdor and kept the H.

I did the exact opposite, dumped the H for an A. Not a fan of the looks of the H and I enjoy the not so perfect feeling of a single clutch trans. The looks cannot be compared in my opinion.

:icon_thumleft:

so true!

Putting the DC transmission in the Aventador would be a huge game changer. Even with the V10. I'm not interested in symbology. The V12 would be great but if the car had the DC with a more powerful V10 it would be a hell of a performer. Beauty and power.

They would have to do "something" to the drivetrain to differentiate. Whether that be forced induction, or electric motors. Like that Concept with 900hp they did a couple years ago. Wasn't that a V10 plus batteries? I think that would be the only way you could pull it off.

• 2 weeks later...

The Huracan simply doesn't look as good as the Aventador. Not even close. For me there's already plenty of performance in the Avvy, and I don't care about lap times at all. A resounding NO from me.

The Huracan simply doesn't look as good as the Aventador. Not even close. For me there's already plenty of performance in the Avvy, and I don't care about lap times at all. A resounding NO from me.

+1.

No H can ever top the Aventador imo.