Joe Z's Verde Ithaca LP560 Heffner TT Build Thread

Most of you here know who Joe is. You also know his amazingly clean black six speed Superleggera that we built for him. Over the entire time that I've known Joe, he has loved that Superleggera like a member of the family. Unfortunately, as many of you have found, you can only stay in love with a car for so long before you start wanting to search for greener pastures. About two months ago, as much of a surprise as it was to us, Joe said goodbye to the old Super G. He felt that it was simply time to try something different as well as the reality that searching for and building a car is often the most exciting part of being a car guy.

Before the Super G was even picked up, Joe had taken delivery of a gorgeous Verde Ithaca LP560 with the intention of leaving it alone. Well, that was until the first time that he drove it. I got a call within minutes of Joe's first drive in the 560. After having a 1250+ whp Superleggera, the stock 560 was simply unacceptable. Within the next week and a half, the car was headed to Florida.

Joe and I spent a lot of time discussing what he wanted out of this car in terms of aesthetics, power and drivability characteristics. Being that the good driving weather in New York was just around the corner and the car couldn't be tied up for months. We decided to build the car in two phases. We got the car in and immediately began working on an entirely new turbo system, being mindful of what the end goal was. We spent countless hours planning every detail of this new system in an effort to give it an OEM quality appearance, fit, finish and at the same time, be technically superior to all existing systems.

We also discussed a number of cosmetic changes to this car with the goal being to give this car a unique personality in the most tasteful manner possible.

I will put together and post a detailed documentation of this build with pictures, dyno sheets and some video. I hope that everyone will be able to appreciate what we've put together here and I would like to thank Joe for choosing Heffner Performance to build him another incredible Lamborghini.

Here is the car as it was delivered to us a few weeks ago:

IMG_3131.jpg

I will begin preparing the rest of the pictures and post them shortly.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Veyr nice, Jason. It seems like you got something interesting brewing over there. Looking forward to seeing the details.

Wait until you guys see the system...It looks INSANE.

His car looks like a twin of mine now! With the exception of what's under the rear hatch!

Congrats Joe and Heffner...Can't wait to see what the 560s can do when maxed out.

First off I have to tell you guys that you will be blown away by the system that Jason and his team have come up with. !!!!

This is by far the nicest/best turbo kit I have seen to date and it is simply amazing. Jason and the guys really put there best foot forward to design a system that blows the competitors away. Every aspect of this system has been thought out and it has put anything else out there to shame. It is very clear in the upcoming photos what I am talking about so stay tuned...:)!!

I would like to thank Jason and everyone at Heffners Performance for another wonderful experience. The experience is so amazing that it is bitter sweet. I find myself wanting the car back so bad but it sucks when Jason tells you the car is ready to come home!! The progress pics daily were so amazing and it was so nice to see the car transform both from a turbo kit and cosmetic standpoint. I elected to do the car in 2 stages for this mere reason. I want to enjoy the summer with the car while the cooks at Heffners Performance are still sweating it out in the kitchen. Round 2 will be nothing short of spectacular but I still do not know how we can top Round 1. We shall see......

I hope all of you guys like how the car turned out as Jason rolls out more photos.

It has been said before and I will say it again.......Jason Heffner is a pioneer and will always be the person that everyone else is chasing in the exotic turbo kit market!!!

God bless you Heff!!!

Now get some more photos up....lol

Wait until you guys see the system...It looks INSANE.

His car looks like a twin of mine now! With the exception of what's under the rear hatch!

Congrats Joe and Heffner...Can't wait to see what the 560s can do when maxed out.

Thank Mike.

We definitely have the same taste in cars.....green lambo and black GTR. I will admit it, you had the lambo first but I was first with the GTR....lol

Jason

You're alive lol . I get reports from Bernard about your go karting and i am glad you are doing well at it. I am sure this project will turn out great.

Thanks fellas. It has been great as I said.

Jason should have some really detailed pics of the whole process and I am sure some more will be rolling out on Monday.

As for the SL, yes that car was amazing!!! It was purchased by a really nice guy form the west coast. It was a very difficult decision and I really did not want to part with the car but it is always nice to go through a new build process. It is what drives us enthusiasts.

I opted to go with an egear car this time around as it is my first egear car. I only drove the car once and it was off to Jason so I will give you my impressions in the upcoming weeks.

Car should be back home mid to end of this week....:)!!

So is the two phases of the build mean that it is a "bolt on" for the summer and motor build to follow? What are the Dyno numbers? Curious how the numbers compare to the previous system. I have a few other questions, but I'll wait for the pics so as not to spoil the fun.