Allan-Herbie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want the LT version of the 720S

:iamwithstupid: Hopefully with an updated front :icon_mrgreen: Though after the Senna suddenly the front is not their worst one they've made...

I drove another members 720s today and it was great. Very fast, very smooth,very smart. With the windows down you could hear the turbos and some excitement, with the windows up, its almost like being in a mercedes the wind noise is that much reduced. Car was very stable at high speeds. The looks are great in person. There is nothing that doesn't rock on this car. For the guys who want a really fast car from the factory, this is the ticket. Very nice car and the technology with the this car is amazing. Mclaren is coming very fast towards other supercars with this model. I only see great things from them in the future.

I am a bit biased and still like my TT Huracan that I also drove today. To be, a TT Lambo is like being on some kind of heart beating drug- its really loud and burbles a lot, obnoxious looking, stupid fast and is one of the most exciting cars out there in my humble opinion.

:iamwithstupid: Hopefully with an updated front :icon_mrgreen: Though after the Senna suddenly the front is not their worst one they've made...

I am warming up to their designs or it could be cataract, one of the two anyway,

I am warming up to their designs or it could be cataract, one of the two anyway,

I think you better get to the optometrist quick smart. Cataracts are bad news. Because you could not possibly think the front of a 720 looks good with perfect eyesight.

I think you better get to the optometrist quick smart. Cataracts are bad news. Because you could not possibly think the front of a 720 looks good with perfect eyesight.

The black car look good, the eye sockets disappeared, the only issue was that the radiators were visible and they were silver :eusa_wall:

The black car look good, the eye sockets disappeared, the only issue was that the radiators were visible and they were silver :eusa_wall:

Not bad!

McLaren-720s-Dubai-Bespoke-Edition-101-1-626x383.jpg

Black does look better with the eye socket disappearing. But if I'm paying $300k+, I do not want hear myself saying "not bad."

Honestly, in the right color it looks very good. Not as good as a Performante inmo but very good. And with some mods it could be insane. I drove a 675LT before and was unimpressed. The 720S blew my mind. Car is very comfortable. Easier to get in and out. I loved it. I look forward to Mclaren depreciation setting in.

Mac showcased the 720S in a very unique paint scheme (a gradation of dark cherry red to candy apple red in glossy metallic finish) at their VIP showroom in the Geneva show back in March. If that paint scheme cannot make the car looks good, nothing will and frankly, it didn't. I'll admit that if we look at certain parts of the car zoomed in, they all looked good. But the sum of its parts did not. It somewhat reminds me of those PShop pics that certain magazines did: they used eyes of a supermodel, the lips of another supermodel, the nose of a movie star etc... the idea being they picked the best-looking facial parts from some of the most beautiful women in the world to create the supposedly ultimate-looking woman and the results had always been disappointing; none ever looked good let alone being beautiful.

Drive-wise, I agree that it is comfortable; it is less quirky than the models before it (emphasis on the word "less" though as it's still somewhat quirky). It is undoubtedly fast, extremely fast in fact but it has no feel; at least to me. The sensation of speed is plenty but it still does not stir the soul. A super sports car that doesn't get me excited even after a spirited drive is not my idea of a fun car. That said, however, an used 720S on a $:performance ratio would likely be a great deal.

agreed,

black is the only colour i can stomach the car in.

and it's all due to the headlight's, everything else about it is perfectly fine.

agreed,

black is the only colour i can stomach the car in.

and it's all due to the headlight's, everything else about it is perfectly fine.

Dark grey works as well. All the others are a mess I agree.

Maybe a tuner can offer a headlight mod

I would think just painting the eye sockets body color would help tremendously.

I would think just painting the eye sockets body color would help tremendously.

I think that will make it worse, it will further accentuate the cavernous gaps.

Honestly those eye sockets are such a stupid idea from a design POV it makes you burst out laughing when you look at them, the rest of the design is not too bad, the rear is a bit messy but with the right color combos and mix of materials can be fixed.

The other thing which stood out was the wheel design and sizing, once again from a aesthetics POV, the wheels seem too small with too much rubber the wheel gaps seem odd.

The overall design looks very futuristic something you might grow to like and appreciate, it looks much better than the 488 which kind of looks boring and uninspiring.

I like it, when I saw it in pics at first I wasn’t impressed. Then when I sat in 2 different ones one Sunday morning I was very impressed. I didn’t take the time to go drive one yet, however I’m going to. The headlight thing-for me surprisingly isn’t a issue. I really liked the fit finish of everything and the cf was very nice too.

Happy New Years to everyone here!!

Mac showcased the 720S in a very unique paint scheme (a gradation of dark cherry red to candy apple red in glossy metallic finish) at their VIP showroom in the Geneva show back in March. If that paint scheme cannot make the car looks good, nothing will and frankly, it didn't. I'll admit that if we look at certain parts of the car zoomed in, they all looked good. But the sum of its parts did not. It somewhat reminds me of those PShop pics that certain magazines did: they used eyes of a supermodel, the lips of another supermodel, the nose of a movie star etc... the idea being they picked the best-looking facial parts from some of the most beautiful women in the world to create the supposedly ultimate-looking woman and the results had always been disappointing; none ever looked good let alone being beautiful.

Drive-wise, I agree that it is comfortable; it is less quirky than the models before it (emphasis on the word "less" though as it's still somewhat quirky). It is undoubtedly fast, extremely fast in fact but it has no feel; at least to me. The sensation of speed is plenty but it still does not stir the soul. A super sports car that doesn't get me excited even after a spirited drive is not my idea of a fun car. That said, however, an used 720S on a $:performance ratio would likely be a great deal.

The 720S is the first Mac outside of the F1 and P1 I have really warmed up to (the MP4-12C was ok in that it might not have been exciting but wasn't as polarizing as 570/650/675).

It seems like Mac still hasn't learned how to provide that Italian car edge to their exotics, both visually, aurally, and feel wise, outside of the F1 which was built in a time when almost all cars had character.

Other than that it seems awesome.

At a certain point you wake up and see just how much performance some of these cars are throwing down these days, and in a multi car collection it seems like a must have.

The 720S is the first Mac outside of the F1 and P1 I have really warmed up to (the MP4-12C was ok in that it might not have been exciting but wasn't as polarizing as 570/650/675).

It seems like Mac still hasn't learned how to provide that Italian car edge to their exotics, both visually, aurally, and feel wise, outside of the F1 which was built in a time when almost all cars had character.

Other than that it seems awesome.

At a certain point you wake up and see just how much performance some of these cars are throwing down these days, and in a multi car collection it seems like a must have.

I drove the 720 S and overall found it exciting. However my Huracan still does it for me. I know this is mostly subjective but for me it would be hard to give up the Huracan for a 720 S and I don't need both. After 3 years with the Huracan it still excites me like no other when I take it out for a spirited drive.

I've had my 720S for a couple of weeks and I absolutely love it. I'd drive it over my Huracan any day. I think I even enjoy it more than the Chiron. Admittedly, the car is so smooth, fast, and telepathic that it does lack a certain amount of drama, but then again it is so quick and powerful that you really have to pay attention. The 675LT had more of a raw edge than the 720S, but the 720S is quicker and more refined, and more comfortable.

And beauty is of course, in the eye of the beholder, and I think certain cars just look better in certain colors. I got mine in Burton Blue and I can't stop looking at it.