Carbon Rear Diffuser Gallardo

Johnfromjersey

who makes the best looking diffuser for the Gallardo? Has anyone compared the carbon weave quality wrap/quality to other carbon diffusers. Ive found various companies offering such as Heffner, RSC, RevoSport, Technocraft. prices all over the place from $1100 to $3000. pics/comments from those who have or have compared these diffusers in person. thanks!

I have an RSC diffuser installed. Wanted to get a more OEM SL diffuser from Heffner but I guess he was too busy with big buck TT mods to reply me on shipping.

RSC's version is much more aggressive looking than original. The edges are black and highlights the rest of the CF. The fins are also much more pronounced. The beautiful add-on that comes with the diffuser is the half moon stainless steel plate that is supplied. It is an extremely useful item that sits just below the exhaust tips to prevent the hot vapour dripping onto the CF clear coat which would have melted and deformed.

I personally love the look of the diffuser of the Premier 4509. It is subtly elegant. The shallowness of the fins does not give me confidence about their usefulness in cleaning and streamlining the air from below though. The downside is that it needs the fiber glass bumper that comes with it which I am impartial to.

marc ,

that yellow one is Hamann. I dont believe it comes in CF

dgsk,

Thanks for the info. Not sure its worth more than double what others are charging?

Caelum,

That looks great! Is that an OEM piece or aftermarket?

marc ,

dgsk,

Thanks for the info. Not sure its worth more than double what others are charging?

Caelum,

i looked all over for hamann stuff...i dont see that kit anywhere...i do see they make a CF rear...just not this one...i dont think its the hamann

marc ,

dgsk,

Caelum,

OEM, in the UK I can get it £900 ($1476 at current exc. rate) (Mine cost less, but that's me)

who makes the best looking diffuser for the Gallardo? Has anyone compared the carbon weave quality wrap/quality to other carbon diffusers. Ive found various companies offering such as Heffner, RSC, RevoSport, Technocraft. prices all over the place from $1100 to $3000. pics/comments from those who have or have compared these diffusers in person. thanks!

I would not buy one that is backed with Plexiglas. Go with the company that has 100% Carbon Fiber.

FYI, as I understand it Heffner offers two different c/f diffusers; one is basically the same as the OEM SL piece, and the other is the same as the regular OEM G only in c/f instead of plastic.

One of my clients just got one from Herschel at RSC, he really likes it. No complaints so far. It is on a Spyder, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

dgsk,

I didn't have much of a choice at the time I needed it. And Hershell gave me a competitive price.

Jason Heffner didn't get back to me on shipping.

My original diffuser cracked and a portion of it chipped off, making the car extremely figidty at speed. An original one would have cost more from my dealer. They didn't even tell me about it, so I don't know when it happened; only when I jacked up the car myself did I see all the tie holds strapping it in place.

All that said, I just saw a chip on the top part of my bumper and it was white below. I also found it about the same weight of the original that I replaced. It also didn't have the translucence of the Premier4509 diffuser when put against light. So, is it a wrap? I don't know.

As it protrudes more than an SL diffuser, it is definitely more noticeable. So it would be something for those who want a more aggressive looking item.

I will be doing a trip with it next Monday and hope I will be able to tell if those enhanced fins do translate to better down force.

OEM, in the UK I can get it £900 ($1476 at current exc. rate) (Mine cost less, but that's me)

Wow! That's a great price!

I presume it includes VAT?

• 1 month later...

Are you sure? I thought the carbon fiber rear diffuser cost $10,000 from the Lamborghini factory. Why such a big difference from the U.S. dealership? Thanks!

:iamwithstupid: I just ordered one..It should be here next week.

Jeff,

Great choice! I too like the ones from Heffners performance. Please let us know if the parts arrives safe and sound as well as on time. Also as usual please post pictures after installation and your review.

Rob,

Great find! Have you found any hot chick on the side in FL yet? Take care!