lead paint inspection

murcivu

For residentials built prior to 1978, do you guys normally perform a lead paint inspection prior to closing? It's a class c apartment and I'm getting recommendations for both yes and no.

Better safe than sorry..a small extra cost now could head off a potential lawsuit later.

Here in California the lead based paint disclosure is included in the paperwork delivered to a buyer during escrow, but it does not mandate either party to specifically perform testing. If a buyer chooses to inspect, they get a 10-day window.

Here in California the lead based paint disclosure is included in the paperwork delivered to a buyer during escrow, but it does not mandate either party to specifically perform testing. If a buyer chooses to inspect, they get a 10-day window.

This is the same in Texas. Except I have a 7 day window.

This is the same in Texas. Except I have a 7 day window.

of you're aware of it then that will.be in your lead base paint disclosure. I sold an apt complex here in my hometown and it was built in 70 but fully renovated in 03. the seller didn't have any knowledge of lead based paint. and my buyer didn't seem to.mind as the paint had been painted over at least 10 times over the course of the sellers ownership.

of you're aware of it then that will.be in your lead base paint disclosure. I sold an apt complex here in my hometown and it was built in 70 but fully renovated in 03. the seller didn't have any knowledge of lead based paint. and my buyer didn't seem to.mind as the paint had been painted over at least 10 times over the course of the sellers ownership.

Seller is not aware of any lead paint in the disclosure. Like you have mentioned, there were numerous coats of paint applied over its lifetime. The potential is when you have to start doing repairs or renovations, that's when it could become a possible hazard, I think.

Seller is not aware of any lead paint in the disclosure. Like you have mentioned, there were numerous coats of paint applied over its lifetime. The potential is when you have to start doing repairs or renovations, that's when it could become a possible hazard, I think.

are you working with a realtor for this deal? if so, he should be able to answer for that type of situation. I'd also speak with a contractor to see what the requirements are for that situation and there not being any knowledge of lead based paint when purchased.

are you working with a realtor for this deal? if so, he should be able to answer for that type of situation. I'd also speak with a contractor to see what the requirements are for that situation and there not being any knowledge of lead based paint when purchased.

Yes, my broker doesn't see the need for it nor does the seller's broker. In their 20-30 yrs combined experience, they mentioned that nobody has ever requested for this type test before. They just had to mention it as part of the disclosure agreement.

Yes, my broker doesn't see the need for it nor does the seller's broker. In their 20-30 yrs combined experience, they mentioned that nobody has ever requested for this type test before. They just had to mention it as part of the disclosure agreement.

You got two brokers that just want the deal close so they can get paid or they have only done transactions on newer properties.

"The potential is when you have to start doing repairs or renovations, that's when it could become a possible hazard, I think."

You are right on this part.

murcivu, my suggestion would be to speak with a lawyer if the concern is that high. As a realtor myself, If you brought this issue up to me my first suggestion would be the speak with an attorney to see what the outcome would be in a situation like you're advising us of.

murcivu, my suggestion would be to speak with a lawyer if the concern is that high. As a realtor myself, If you brought this issue up to me my first suggestion would be the speak with an attorney to see what the outcome would be in a situation like you're advising us of.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll speak to my real estate attorney and get his input as well.