Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

This thing is so crazy.. Basically its a new universal currency started online that is not back by any country from what I understand. Drug traffickers use it, investors speculate in it, Online gaming is real big into using it for transactions, its starting to get some serious press.

In the past 2 months its gone up 6x-7x times what it was worth compared to February.

Check this article: http://www.cnbc.com/id/100627288

I'm pretty sure someone on this forum has found a way to make money off of it and I was just curious if anyone else thought it was a strange situation and bubble waiting to pop.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my buddy is into it, where you talking to him? He drove my Tesla to the track... I'm going to put some $ in....

There was a post on reddit a week or so ago about how some guy borrowed 50K (on credit cards) and purchased bitcoin with the money. If i remember correctly he purchased some at a value or equivalent value of 16 US$ and some at 21 US$. He never spoke about exact numbers, but other posters figured the bit coins were now worth around 250K US$ depending on how much he actually invested? Something like that. I don't think I would borrow money, especially on credit cards, to speculate on this type of currency, but it does appear that some folks are out there trying to make some money. Not sure about the legalities and how you convert into and out of the currency, but its seems more like a gamble versus an investment.

Been following and mining for a little over a month. When I started it was at $60. As of today it is at $214. Also mining Litecoin.

I remember when they were like $4, but I never got into them. My former business partner (with some other guys) is opening an exchange for Bit-coins. Currently in the closed beta stage, but it will supposedly blow away Mtgox in terms of features, security, and useability. I own 5% of this new company, so I hope it does well, lol. The US Government has recently put some stuff out about regulating virtual currencies, and compliance could be a major issue in the near future.

I remember when they were like $4, but I never got into them. My former business partner (with some other guys) is opening an exchange for Bit-coins. Currently in the closed beta stage, but it will supposedly blow away Mtgox in terms of features, security, and useability. I own 5% of this new company, so I hope it does well, lol. The US Government has recently put some stuff out about regulating virtual currencies, and compliance could be a major issue in the near future.

Please keep me updated once it is live!

No one really likes to talk publicly about making money as its kind of counter productive but if anyone wants to start some kind of conference call or virtual meeting, I'd be interested to discuss further.

One side of me wants to say PONZI but the other side of me believes that its innovative new technology that one day may be as big as PAYPAL. Really huge swings emotionally for me.

No one really likes to talk publicly about making money as its kind of counter productive but if anyone wants to start some kind of conference call or virtual meeting, I'd be interested to discuss further.

One side of me wants to say PONZI but the other side of me believes that its innovative new technology that one day may be as big as PAYPAL. Really huge swings emotionally for me.

By definition it's not a PONZI scheme at all, they aren't taking money from new people to pay old people. But the security aspect of it bothers me a bit, and the fact that it is so unregulated/uninsured.

Interestingly, the supply of bitcoins is limited in time.... once they're all made, no more will exist. This bodes VERY well for the currency for two reasons: it secures value over long-term, and it incentivizes people to get into the game earlier rather than later. More people involved means more stability and usability, which acts as positive feedback to get even more people involved.

I don't think security or insurance are that big of a problem, since it is decentralized your bitcoins are not being stored at a "bank" that use the funds in other ways and may possibly lose it, but your bitcoins just simply exist. Rather than giving your money to a place to store it, the bitcoins take on your ID. So bitcoins never really change location, they just become assigned to different people. And it would take a hell of an effort to hack the logs and bring the whole thing down. I mean, no computer based system or functionality is 100% secure, but then most of our money is electronic now anyways.

Really, I think the biggest threat to bitcoin success is the government. Who knows how or why or when they decide to get involved, but eventually the government will either want a cut of the action or start to see real problems from currency competition.

Funny I was watching CNBC one morning (in the last week) and they had someone from the company getting interviewed...

Pump and dump, don't be a bag holder...

:iamwithstupid:

might seem like someone large is pumping it to get out .

It's a fascinating industry to me, especially now that the Canadian Government has already tried to copy it for themselves...surely other governments will try to take the plunge as time passes.

My barrier to it would be that it seems so stacked in favor of the early adopters that mining (or trading really) for the coins now is 1000x more risky/more difficult than even just 6-12 months ago, to the point where it doesn't make sense to get involved if you haven't already.

Will be interesting to see how Aaron's venture goes and hearing about it from an insider's perspective once it goes live.

Hope no bag holders on lp. Sure there will be a dead cat bounce as with any pump and dumps. Don't be catching no knives...

Wow, this is like driving past a car wreck....just watched to price go from the low 150'2 to the low 130's in the last 5 minutes....fascinating.

This smells funny.

1-Did I miss the boat or is this just how it works?

2-I would say that my first question is, who are the people behind this bitcoin development?

3-Can I start my own virtual currency?