Performante weakness front radiator from small rocks

ScottCLS55

I’ve had my Performante since last Friday. I have not had it clear bra’Ed yet but I have a rock damage not to the paint but to the left radiator behind the bumper. Small ding to the fins but still sucks.

I live where Road and Track tested the Car of the year. They had a Performante here for a week.

I stalked the r and t guys and got to know them and went to the track while they were here.

The Performante that Lambo sent had 2500 miles and first thing I notice was how bad the Radiators were. All of the fins on them were smashed bad. I figured it was most likely due to the track driving but now I’m thinking all cars will be affected.

I believe this will be a problem. Can’t really clear bra it and due to the huge opening in the bumper it’s highly visible. The center coolers have black plastic protective covers that still allow airflow .

Replacing radiators every 5k miles doesn’t seem viable either.

I’ll try to get a pic to post on here but haven’t had any luck with other images yet.

Hopefully lambo or aftermarket will come up with something.

Congrats on the car ScottCLS55 how do you like it so far?

I thought there was some mesh placed in the front bar to protect the radiators from debris, when I saw the car at the initial unveil I noticed that there was protective mesh over the radiators and I questioned the Lambo rep. at the time he said that the production cars will have mesh, I haven't paid careful attention to see if that was the case with the demo I drove. I will ask my dealer.

Love the car! It’s amazing. I tracked my last Huracan and know the characteristics of the standard Huraxan 610 near the limit. Haven’t had this one at the track yet but it seems like they have removed all of the understeer.

It’s faster, louder on Corsa mode, amazingly more nimble and looks so much better.

Thanks for that screen info I’ll call the dealer maybe the techs didn’t install the screens on mine during pdi.

I need a name change too lol that’s cls55 was 2006 era.

The center radiator seems to have some protection shield on it. The side ones don't

The radiator fin comb will be a use full tool to have to keep the radiators operating at a efficient level.

The radiator is exposed on the 580 and I've noticed small dings as well. Not much you can do to protect it.

• 1 month later...