Tips for factory tour

sprite

I'm thinking of trying to make a factory tour happen this summer. Any tips on where to stay? Is there anything to do in Sant #### other than the Lamborghini factory? Any hotel recommendations?

I've only been to Italy once and it was a long time ago. Trying to determine if I should visit other parts of Italy while I'm there or just fly in for a night. I'll most likely be flying in from Spain.

I wouldn't fly in for one night.. I would stay a couple days to explore the area a little! Drive by the Bob Wallace monument on your way to or from the factory, consider stopping by the Ferruccio Lamborghini Museum, etc...

Setup your museum visit and factory tour through your dealer, they can setup all the VIP stuff for you!

Don't go in August because the factory is basically closed for the entire month. And your dealer can setup a owners tour or you can e-mail Lambo HQ which is very helpful in arranging a owners tour.

When I went last year I made Rome my hub and came via high speed train to Bologna for the day. I had arranged a private car which picked us up from the station and showed us around at Lambo, Ferrari and Pagani. Unfortunately I went during August so I couldn't see the factory but I plan to visit the factory when I order my next car.

If you decide to go to the museum, let me know. I'll hook you up with my friends who do tours over there.

Don't go in August because the factory is basically closed for the entire month. And your dealer can setup a owners tour or you can e-mail Lambo HQ which is very helpful in arranging a owners tour.

When I went last year I made Rome my hub and came via high speed train to Bologna for the day. I had arranged a private car which picked us up from the station and showed us around at Lambo, Ferrari and Pagani. Unfortunately I went during August so I couldn't see the factory but I plan to visit the factory when I order my next car.

I'm thinking I will go in July. Just need to make sure the factory is open as that is the whole point of the trip. It looks like the trip with train from Rome is about 2 hours so that could be an option. What company did you use for the private car?

Another option would be to fly into Bologna and rent a car and spend a few days to do the trip outlined. If I do that what cities should I make my stopping points?

post-8895-1496276282_thumb.jpg

I rented a car in Milan and and drove to Bolgna. After the tour, I went to Florence, Pisa and then Rome. So renting a car in Bologna would work. Bologna itself is fairly small and there isn't much to see. I went to the factory, Ferrari and Pagani. There is a fairly nice hotel right across the Bolgna train terminal. Nothing like a 5-star fancy and posh place but Lamborghini put us there during the Grande Giro so it's not bad at all. Since you are an owner, you can also request the factory to pick you up from Bologna and take you to the factory. But renting you own car will give you a lot more flexibility.

You should also ask your dealer to find out if there will be additional closures on certain parts of the factory since they probably will be starting construction and/or making changes on the existing manufacturing line for the Urus.

I used https://www.mymotorland.net which included a private car, tickets to all the venues and free lunch. Very friendly driver and tour guide who was the owners son. A side perk was the tour company was shuttling Michael Strahan around who joined us at Pagani for a test drive.

The high speed rail system in Italy is excellent and great way to travel between the cities. Usually if you buy tickets ahead your trip online you can get first class tix for dirt cheap and most of the first class cabins on these trains are empty.

Years ago someone posted they stayed here when they went and I keep the link. No personal experience but I recall them saying it was a great little place to stay. Hence the reason I keep the link.

http://www.locandamaggi.com/ing/servizi.html

I stayed in Florence and Rome when I went and just took a day trip between cities.

I rented a car in Milan and and drove to Bolgna. After the tour, I went to Florence, Pisa and then Rome. So renting a car in Bologna would work. Bologna itself is fairly small and there isn't much to see. I went to the factory, Ferrari and Pagani. There is a fairly nice hotel right across the Bolgna train terminal. Nothing like a 5-star fancy and posh place but Lamborghini put us there during the Grande Giro so it's not bad at all. Since you are an owner, you can also request the factory to pick you up from Bologna and take you to the factory. But renting you own car will give you a lot more flexibility.

You should also ask your dealer to find out if there will be additional closures on certain parts of the factory since they probably will be starting construction and/or making changes on the existing manufacturing line for the Urus.

Thanks. Do you remember the name of the hotel?

So we did a tour and ... got it to ourselves for a bit. it was hilarious. we actually pretended to be tour guides and I had a card saying "group one" and lead people around... we bumped into winkleman with his kid and had a nice laugh

I am really a lambo fan (don't even like any other brand at all all lambo or nothing.. I mean I had 4 aventadors!~)

anyway.. the Concubine has pay pal and she will go with you probably :) her technical expertise is just .. well ... ridiculous. she thinks the A button in Galardos is "anal" cause I told the salesman to tell her that

post-93516-1496765640.jpg

post-93516-1496765649.jpg

post-93516-1496765660.jpg

LOL :) Where did you guys stay at? Did you visit any other cities in Italy on your trip?

I recall I dropped the car in factory and they gave me a loaner .. did the tours and spent lots of time in Venice without the car.. it sucked. they only had Steven Segal movies and when I questioned it they said "you are American... you love steven segal"

It flooded and Concubine went nutz shopping.

We then stayed in Parma for 2 days... they make prosciouto there. there is a huge ass castle and if you do it right you can hook up a private hour or so ... I had sex there and then ate at a real medieval awesome place attached to it.

we then went to Lake Como (villa de este" and then Stressa (my favorite" a fishing village in the center of a lake near Switzerland boarder

hjaving problems always attacking pics and videos.. this is the epic loaner I got and this is stressa in distance

post-93516-1496771368_thumb.jpg

I recall I dropped the car in factory and they gave me a loaner .. did the tours and spent lots of time in Venice without the car.. it sucked. they only had Steven Segal movies and when I questioned it they said "you are American... you love steven segal"

It flooded and Concubine went nutz shopping.

We then stayed in Parma for 2 days... they make prosciouto there. there is a huge ass castle and if you do it right you can hook up a private hour or so ... I had sex there and then ate at a real medieval awesome place attached to it.

we then went to Lake Como (villa de este" and then Stressa (my favorite" a fishing village in the center of a lake near Switzerland boarder

hjaving problems always attacking pics and videos.. this is the epic loaner I got and this is stressa in distance

:icon_super:

I stayed at the Baglioni Hotel in Bologna. Beautiful hotel really and got the factory to pick me and my wife up and drop us back. They picked us up in the Audi A8. Beautiful scenery along the way, about an hours drive each way.

I see you're traveling through Montecatini as well, it's a beautiful area with lots of spas, I suggest you stay at the LHP Montecatini Palace in Montecatini Terme, it's a beautiful hotel and their spa is amazing. I'd also visit Florence, it's the most beautiful city in Italy, your route takes you right by it. Forte dei Marmi is nice as well. If you have the time to stick around, Italy is definitely worth seeing.

My son and I rented a car in Cannes and drove up to the factory, making a loop that took four days, going up to Lugano (Switz) and did a lot of exploring around there. Makes you wish you had your car along for the ride!

I stayed at the Baglioni Hotel in Bologna. Beautiful hotel really and got the factory to pick me and my wife up and drop us back. They picked us up in the Audi A8. Beautiful scenery along the way, about an hours drive each way.

+1 for the Baglioni Hotel. I stayed in Bologna in 2009 when I visited the factory with Tom Nault. Lamborghini had recommended that hotel and also picked us up in an A8 with the V10. I quite enjoyed Bologna. Was there in 2015 and didn't stay there then, but would again.

There are great places decently close the Lambo, Ferrari, Pagani.

Pagani tour is a must.

But I would also want to see Firenze (Florence) and San Marino, maybe Venezia, Como, and Milan.

I'm thinking of trying to make a factory tour happen this summer. Any tips on where to stay? Is there anything to do in Sant #### other than the Lamborghini factory? Any hotel recommendations?

I've only been to Italy once and it was a long time ago. Trying to determine if I should visit other parts of Italy while I'm there or just fly in for a night. I'll most likely be flying in from Spain.

Sant'A g a t a is a very small village: there isn't anything alse to see.

Grand Hotel Majestic (former Baglioni) in Bologna is the Top we have, but there are others very nice in Bologna (25 km-16 miles from Sant' A g a t a), like the Art Hotel Commercianti and the Hotel I Portici. They are the top three in Bologna.

A must is a visit to the Ferruccio Lamborghini Museum at the edge of Bologna.

If you never visited Venice, please don't leave Italy without seeing Venice. And Rome too: forget Florence, if you haven't enough time for them all.

July is very hot, here

ciao

Ok starting to come up with a plan now.

7/19: AGP->FCO (Rome) 12:30pm [arrive 3:00pm]. Eat, drink and see stuff. Staying a hotel near train station since we have to get up super early.

7/20: Train to Bologna around 6am [~2 hour train ride].

8:30: Driver picking is up from Bologna train station.

9:30: Visit to Ferrari Museum in Modena

11:00: Visit Pagani showroom and plant

12:30: Italian lunch

13:50->16:30: Lamborghini VIP Tour including:

1. Museum

2. Huracan & Aventador assembly line

3. Upholstery

4. Finishing line

5. Ad Personam

6. CFK

7. Polo Storico

8. Boutique

(in that order)

Spend the night in Bologna

7/21: Taking the train to Florence. Spending a night there. Suggestions on things to see and do?

7/22: Train to Pisa.... go see leaning tower and other tourist stuff. Then taking a train to Viareggio and spending a night there.

7/23: Visit the market in Forte Dei Marmi, maybe go to beach? Then take train back to Rome.

7/24: We got most of the morning/afternoon in Rome. Flight back to AGP @ 3:45pm.

I was originally planning on renting a car but looks like we can just take trains and not worry about returning a car, keeping a DD, parking, etc.

Sant'A g a t a is a very small village: there isn't anything alse to see.

Grand Hotel Majestic (former Baglioni) in Bologna is the Top we have, but there are others very nice in Bologna (25 km-16 miles from Sant' A g a t a), like the Art Hotel Commercianti and the Hotel I Portici. They are the top three in Bologna.

A must is a visit to the Ferruccio Lamborghini Museum at the edge of Bologna.

If you never visited Venice, please don't leave Italy without seeing Venice. And Rome too: forget Florence, if you haven't enough time for them all.

July is very hot, here

ciao

Thanks I ended up booking Hotel I Portici.