Huracan Performante Up for Grabs Coming Next Month

boss gt

Yes, it will be over MSRP. But the new owner will get to skip the wait! This is one of the first Performantes' in the country.

Not posting specific details on the car to weed out the tire kickers. :)

Thanks!

would someone mind telling me how this works, does the person buy the car and title it and pay the tax and then sell it for msrp+tax+$$$ to actually make money? Does that work, are there are people that would pay 30-40k over sticker for this? OR do they work with the dealers and do not title the car or pay tax but somehow sell it for over msrp as an individual and not through the dealership?

I don't get it.

Well then like SV-N-IT said... "probably msrp++++ "

greedy price gougers at their best!

I don't understand your frustration, I am actually curious to hear the reasoning behind it because I always wondered why people feel this way.

IMO that's business at its purest, you place yourself in a position where you have the chance to commercialize a desirable product which is rare and hard to get, brilliant.

There is never wrong making money legitimately, also there is freedom of choice, nobody is forcing you to buy and most importantly nobody owes you anything.

Yeah I don't understand the hate either. If you wanted one of the first ones you could have placed an order at the dealer when first announced. If you somehow missed the boat this is your chance to skip the line for some $$$, or you can still go to the dealer and order one you will just have to wait longer.

I also have a Performante(Verde Mantis) on order and it is confimed at the port in Baltimore right now. Things have changed as far as my preferences on my next car and i may sell but will ask over sticker as well .I actually did some work for the dealer and in exchange for not being paid i wanted their first car. This deal was made back in feb 16. I dont get the hate and feel i should be compensated for my time. This is how the world works.We shall see and those interested can pm me.

I agree on the market and making the money, but I think the dealer should be the one making it. I always loved it when speculators would place a deposit, then when the car came in, they would bounce on the order and leave the dealer hanging if the car wasn't as hot as anticipated. Happens all the time. If I knew someone was speculating and then going to flip the car for cash, I would have to seriously consider whether I would allow that to happen. If you want to buy the car, pay the sticker and the taxes, then try to flip for a profit, all good. You want to speculate on an order slot and try to sell that slot, I wouldn't be cool with that.

I don't think these will be hard to get, I was offered one of the first ones coming in at MSRP and passed... already having a Huracan I just don't see the $110k premium over mine...

... already having a Huracan I just don't see the $110k premium over mine since I have a new Ford GT, 720S, Old Ford GT, super fast Teslas, and a whole bunch of other stuff...

fixed. :icon_mrgreen:

indeed, I do get on the road course as well... :)

Brooks, you have to also write, "I don't give a shit about turning". Haha

I agree on the market and making the money, but I think the dealer should be the one making it. I always loved it when speculators would place a deposit, then when the car came in, they would bounce on the order and leave the dealer hanging if the car wasn't as hot as anticipated. Happens all the time. If I knew someone was speculating and then going to flip the car for cash, I would have to seriously consider whether I would allow that to happen. If you want to buy the car, pay the sticker and the taxes, then try to flip for a profit, all good. You want to speculate on an order slot and try to sell that slot, I wouldn't be cool with that.

I see your point but business has to be equitable, the dealer should be entitled to a gain if they share the risk in the event of a loss.

On the subject of some backing out of orders, that's where the forfeiture of the deposit comes in along with the dealer's rights under the contract/agreement, if there isn't enough deposit to cover the loss or the dealer's rights aren't properly covered that once again is down to the dealer's business practice, you must read your client properly when you do a deal, generally on hot stock you have to be brutal with ins and outs, place a tone of conditions and take a lot of guarantees, new customers, the same, customers who look shaky financially, same, weird combo orders, etc.

All I can say, in business if I am left holding the baby that's my fault because I failed at covering all of my bases.

I see your point but business has to be equitable, the dealer should be entitled to a gain if they share the risk in the event of a loss.

On the subject of some backing out of orders, that's where the forfeiture of the deposit comes in along with the dealer's rights under the contract/agreement, if there isn't enough deposit to cover the loss or the dealer's rights aren't properly covered that once again is down to the dealer's business practice, you must read your client properly when you do a deal, generally on hot stock you have to be brutal with ins and outs, place a tone of conditions and take a lot of guarantees, new customers, the same, customers who look shaky financially, same, weird combo orders, etc.

All I can say, in business if I am left holding the baby that's my fault because I failed at covering all of my bases.

The problem is, legally, in most states, you cannot keep the deposit, no matter the contractual agreement. Most deposits are given on a credit card, and the deposit can be rescinded there as well. I don't have a problem with someone buying the car, registering the car, paying the taxes, and then flipping it. That is their right as a purchaser, at that point you actually own the commodity. If you are merely speculating on a position, I am not keen. You are not a stakeholder at that point, especially in the event that your deposit is refundable (even if the contract says it is not, as that is usually not enforceable). I am not sure what the situation is in Australia. I don't know how it works, legally, in your state or country. It may be different. That said, even at that point, it is very rare for a dealer to try and enforce the contract, as the legal fees to chase it are usually too high, and the chance of losing is equally so.

The market for these cars gets devalued due to this practice. It creates a glut of inventory. When a car, or position, is in the hands of speculators, they usually have little interest in holding the position, or inventory (if they can even execute on buying the car when it actually comes in). What happens then is they get scared, or cannot afford to hold, so they dump it into the market at a reduced cost, thus causing a drop in the overall market value (I have never thought that one car does a market make, but in the eyes of buyers, if one car sells for a certain amount, automatically they are all worth that same amount). I know you have a better handle on this portion of the discussion than most, me included.

I think the manufacturer has caught on though, thus the reason that the cars are so expensive now. The manufacturer has figured out what true market value of the car is, and created an MSRP that will not sustain the immense overage that was being asked on the open market. Example being, you used to be able to get 100-150k over MSRP for a 430-458 spider when the car was new/demand was high. Then Ferrari inflated the MSRP of the cars to a point where it was not palatable to grab one (when MSRP is north of 350-400k for a well equipped car, it is near impossible to ask near 500k for one). Hence the reason a 430 spider was in the 230k range new, and a 458 spider with similar equipment (only 3-5 years later) was in the 350k range. The 488 is now in the 400k range for a spider that is well equipped.

Thank you for the explanation, it's ridiculous that you can not enforce retaining the deposit when the buyer fails to meet the obligations under the contract, what is the purpose or the point of a contract if it isn't enforceable on both parties? unheard of, can a dealer turn around and say, I've got a buyer who wants to pay more, sorry! I bet they can't.

As I said business has to be equitable, I see your POV now and I completely agree with your position.

Things are different where I am, you back out you lose the deposit if the item sells for less than the contracted amount you are liable for the difference how difficult is to collect comes down to the buyer's financial capability but legally it's quite straightforward.

Might as well try to milk it because from the looks of it Lambo is planning to release a couple performance oriented variants of the H which will surely hurt resale on the Perf.

I don't think these will be hard to get, I was offered one of the first ones coming in at MSRP and passed... already having a Huracan I just don't see the $110k premium over mine...

I agree. I believe these will be very easy to come by at MSRP and quickly under MSRP once used.

I don't believe the premium over the Huracan is going to be justified. There is a lot of talk about lap times and the ALA etc, but I believe people are ignoring the most significant change on all the latest cars: the latest generation rubber compounds and tire technology.

While there isn't any scientific testing to go by, we suddenly have facelifts making performance leaps usually only seen only in next-generation models. The general opinion seems to be:

Old Corsa = new Pzeros

New Corsa = old Trofeos

New Trofeos = unmatched

Same can be said for special designation Michlene Cup2 etc that end up on high-end Porsche and Ferraris. Notice how Ferrari has been supplying test cars with Cup 2 even though there in no official Cup2 option for the 488.

I would really like to see a 2015 Huracan on new Trofeos vs a Performante. Furthermore, I'd like to see all the previous generation exotics on new tires vs their replacements. I think the manufacturer marketing departments would be very displeased by such a test. After all, it won't be easy to sell new $300,000 cars when you can just get most of that performance with $2500 of tires.

This is not unique to the Performante either. I believe this is true for all exotics.