impromptu dyno session today

whiteout

Decided to strap the LP640 onto the Mustang dyno at Speed Society today. It put down 719 wheel horsepower.

F215DE72-3032-4EF3-81CA-8931CC9E6349_zps

mods: K&N drop in filters, titanium intake, primary deletes, DTP exhaust (secondary & muffler deletes) and 2WD.

video:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever run in the 1/4 mile? 719 rwhp should put the car well into the mid to high 130 mph range.

edit: Are you sure the dyno is not automatically correcting for drive train loss (ie adding 15-20% back on)

While Id love for it to be true, there is no way a Murcielago is making over 700rwhp with basic mods.

Correct. That would imply ~845 crank hp.

My car put down 612whp on a Dyno Dynamics (DD) twin brake dyno. The twin turbo 348 I posted about earlier this year put down 628whp on the same DD dyno and on a different Mustang dyno it put down 742whp. So my car is consistent with other similarly powered cars. The dyno I used is consistently low reading.

There is one caveat, my car was a press car for Lambo. Knowing the Italians, there is at least a tune and maybe more to it allowing this power. Two separate people commented that there may be headwork, but I'm not tearing into the engine to find out.

My car put down 612whp on a Dyno Dynamics (DD) twin brake dyno. The twin turbo 348 I posted about earlier this year put down 628whp on the same DD dyno and on a different Mustang dyno it put down 742whp. So my car is consistent with other similarly powered cars. The dyno I used is consistently low reading.

There is one caveat, my car was a press car for Lambo. Knowing the Italians, there is at least a tune and maybe more to it allowing this power. Two separate people commented that there may be headwork, but I'm not tearing into the engine to find out.

Haha, still.not buying an 850hp n/a Murcielago 😆

I don't doubt that Lamborghini "enhances" its press cars. However mucking around with the heads and a factory tune plus what you have done won't get you to that dyno number. Even with only a 15% loss since your car is RWD means you are making around 810hp at the crank, 150hp more than what is claimed as stock. I'd think you'd need a supercharger on a low boost setting to keep the stock internals intact to get to that number. I am sure it is making a lot more than stock, but 700hp plus at the wheels seems pretty optimistic.

Either way it is a beautiful car.

I'm waiting for the dyno sheet to be sent to me and will post it up. Comparing my dyno with alpha's dyno sheet (after he did headers & tune) and our graphs are quite different.

I've spoken with a few different people now and the power figures between the dyno dynamics and mustang are not shocking to them. The fact it's from an n/a Murci is though.

I'm waiting for the dyno sheet to be sent to me and will post it up. Comparing my dyno with alpha's dyno sheet (after he did headers & tune) and our graphs are quite different.

I've spoken with a few different people now and the power figures between the dyno dynamics and mustang are not shocking to them. The fact it's from an n/a Murci is though.

No doubt your car is bad ass, but no Murci with bolt ons, makes 700rwhp.

IF the car has some motor work, this isnt out of the ballpark for a 6.5L motor.

For argument sake, im sure SP could verify the dyno calibration.

Mustang dynos typically read conservative at that.

Who cares about dyno numbers, how about real world performance?

Whiteout have tested the car on a racetrack, etc? Gongrats my friend I always like your crazy builds :icon_thumleft:

Sorry about the Hp wars but when you make products to sell and make claims your car made more HP than anyone else, we as a forum like to ask for more info, aka proof.

I love your 2wd kit but my opinion is, this number is not right.

Compare vbox times, 1/4 mile times, or what this Dyno reads on another stock car.

Here is an interesting read on dyno comparison between Dyno Dynamics (DD) vs. dynojet:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286440

That car has a 50whp difference at 225whp. Using the figures from that comparison and the difference between dynos with my car, Mustang puts down about 15% more whp than DD and DynoJet puts down about 23% more whp than DD.

Who cares about dyno numbers, how about real world performance?

Whiteout have tested the car on a racetrack, etc? Gongrats my friend I always like your crazy builds :icon_thumleft:

No track time on this set up.

Sorry about the Hp wars but when you make products to sell and make claims your car made more HP than anyone else, we as a forum like to ask for more info, aka proof.

I love your 2wd kit but my opinion is, this number is not right.

Compare vbox times, 1/4 mile times, or what this Dyno reads on another stock car.

I'm down for more testing.

Does anyone in SoCal have a VBOX we can hook up?

I’ll ask around for a stock LP, but if anyone knows of one that’s willing to strap down to the dyno, let me know.

All of the dynos can be setup to spit out power all across the board. Most dynojets in my experience read similar if using correction factors sae and they have the right drum, rollers, basically working right.

I've seen low mustang dynos, I've seen high dynojets, high dynos dynamics, and everything between depending on the dyno owner setup. My Lambo was within 10% at over 1000hp on a dynojet and a mustang dyno fyi for what ever that is worth.

I have vbox data on my 2009 lp640 so we can compare that if you get any.

maybe they added in a correction factor to give you crank HP....

VBOX will tell for sure, just do a 1/4 mile run, no launch needed, I would guess it traps 126-127 MPH, but if traps 136+ MPH then we start looking for hidden nitrous... :)

The press cars (US spec) usually don't have any better tune, components or "magic" than any other vehicle. The only thing they have are harder miles and more maintenance. If you like PM me the VIN and I'll see what I have as far as history on it.

One member bought an STS and I had some details about celebrity rentals and it was a hot-lap car at the Sesto event in Vegas. Every car has a history, some good some bad. Some VERY VERY bad.

Nick just get your ass back up here and lets make a 50-160 run. That will tell the story. :icon_mrgreen: