Anyone been to Turks & Caicos?

Castor Troy

I like to go to Grand Cayman once a year, relax, rent a beachfront condo on Seven Mile Beach, stick my toes in the white sand and snorkel. I like Grand Cayman a lot because the beaches are nice, it's really safe there, and you can walk around anywhere anytime day or night and nobody will bug you, approach you, or harass you to buy anything or beg from you.

I was thinking of giving Turks and Caicos a try simply because pictures in magazines always look stunning, but no interest in going there if people are going to bug me constantly, try to rip me off every chance, etc. Jamaica looks stunning too till you get there and you feel like you just got dropped into Mogadishu when you arrive and have to hide out in the resort if you know what's good for you. I have also been to St. Thomas. I hated that place too.

Anyone been to Turk and Caicos give some input?

I like to go to Grand Cayman once a year, relax, rent a beachfront condo on Seven Mile Beach, stick my toes in the white sand and snorkel. I like Grand Cayman a lot because the beaches are nice, it's really safe there, and you can walk around anywhere anytime day or night and nobody will bug you, approach you, or harass you to buy anything or beg from you.

I was thinking of giving Turks and Caicos a try simply because pictures in magazines always look stunning, but no interest in going there if people are going to bug me constantly, try to rip me off every chance, etc. Jamaica looks stunning too till you get there and you feel like you just got dropped into Mogadishu when you arrive and have to hide out in the resort if you know what's good for you. I have also been to St. Thomas. I hated that place too.

Anyone been to Turk and Caicos give some input?

i was there 3 years ago with family at the beaches resort Turks and Caicos. One word AMAZING!

24 restaurants , 3-4 different villages , NO one will bug you. water slides for kids and beach is amazing. We went for 10 days and came back like champs. Shaq was there and few other BB players (he was super cool) everyone is chill. great snorkeling. do the private beach boat tour.

I have been to Hawaii twice, brazil 5 times and have seen some of the best beaches on earth and T&C is tops!! do it :)

Turks and Caicos is hands down amazing.

I've been everywhere in the Caribbean, and ended up purchasing property there because of several factors. It is a very safe island, and the locals are friendly and most definately don't bother you. If they say hello, they mean it. Beautiful island, weather, and beaches.

The island has also experienced a lot of development over the last 5-10 years. When I first visited, a lot of roads were very rough and not developed. Now, all major roads are paved and smooth, and the island will only continue to improve/develop over the years.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Excellent place. Not cheap. No attitude unlike Bahamas.

You will find a lot of wealthy people go there. The airport is a sea of Hermes purses and 5 carat rings.

Went to the Maldives for my honeymoon. Our villa was built on a sand bar a mile off the island. I highly recommend it, but hurry up. They say the sea levels are rising.

IMG_1561.JPG

The view out back -

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1573.JPG

How many bedrooms are those villas? That would be one hell of a place to rage for a week with a good small group.

It's actually off the coast of India.

The villa we stayed in only had one bedroom, a living room, and a bathroom. The entire upstairs was a balcony with couches and you could have meals served there if you chose.

Been to T&C quite a few times, every time has been great, nice people nice weather and nice beach (Grace bay).

Living in NC I can fly direct in a couple of hrs so we go for 3 or 4 days and every couple of weeks we ask each other when is the next time we are going

Went to the Maldives for my honeymoon. Our villa was built on a sand bar a mile off the island. I highly recommend it, but hurry up. They say the sea levels are rising.

IMG_1561.JPG

The view out back -

IMG_1568.JPG

Which resort is this?

It is the Angsana Velavaru.

It is extremely secluded without much to do other than watersports. Perfect for a honeymoon or a relaxing vacation.

Thanks!!

What type of 'watersports' are we talking about? :shock: .......:lol2:

I went to T&C on my honeymoon 3 years ago. Great hotels, food, beaches, etc. Everything you can want from an Island. But I did like St. John better...

• 5 years later...

We stayed at the inn at Grace Bay. Nothing crazy but had a kitchen and then a hammock on the balcony. Some nice villas on VRBO. Just depends how much you want to spend. We loved it!!

Seven Stars was nice. I've never been to an island with better food. Everywhere around the island we went the food was great.

• 2 weeks later...

THIS! We just got back from our 2nd trip to Beaches in Turks & Caicos, already booked our 2018 trip.

Peter

i was there 3 years ago with family at the beaches resort Turks and Caicos. One word AMAZING!

24 restaurants , 3-4 different villages , NO one will bug you. water slides for kids and beach is amazing. We went for 10 days and came back like champs. Shaq was there and few other BB players (he was super cool) everyone is chill. great snorkeling. do the private beach boat tour.

I have been to Hawaii twice, brazil 5 times and have seen some of the best beaches on earth and T&C is tops!! do it :)