The upcoming eclipse

Redlambo

So I live in the Northeast corner of Georgia, about 30 minutes southwest of the total eclipse zone that will happen next Monday 8/21 around 2:40 pm.

I have always been a bit of a science / astrology nerd, so I am kind of psyched about this event. Pick up a couple cheap solar glasses for my wife and I.

Long term forecast looks like it is going to be clear on Monday, considering driving up to Anderson South Carolina as it is in the total eclipse zone.

It is only about a one hour drive from the house so not an inconvenience at all. Below is a map of the eclipse zone traveling through Georgia / South Carolina.

Its gonna be COOL! : B) :sunny: B)

sc.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a group of about 10 cars driving from Regina, Canada to Casper Wyoming to watch the eclipse.

Night Life, M Rocks, TT Bear, myself (12097), as well as some others will be making the trip.

We will also be taking in some of the incredible roads in the area.

Should be a great time.

It's supposed to be the largest traffic event in oregon history and the worst traffic jam. I'm actually pissed as hell and don't want to work that day.

It's supposed to be the largest traffic event in oregon history and the worst traffic jam. I'm actually pissed as hell and don't want to work that day.

LOL

Seen one. Was cool. After that one no longer interested.

LOL

Seen one. Was cool. After that one no longer interested.

I witness one back in 1994 in Buffalo NY, but now I have cheap solar eclipse glasses.

ZZ Top has nothing on me with their cheap sun glasses, as I have cheap solar eclipse glasses.

s_l500.png

TSE2017_usa.jpg

I found this video on youtube that is pretty good about explaining the time lines across the country and the do's and don'ts.

I was going to drive to Columbia SC or Charleston SC to see the total eclipse but understand that the traffic will be worse than a hurricane evacuation going both directions so as Charlotte has about a 95% or more coverage I decided to stay home and watch from my South facing balcony.

Did see a full eclipse many years ago in England and remember it being a weird sensation as it goes dark in the middle of the day.

Please make sure you have approved glasses if you are looking at the sun as it seems a lot of dangerous fakes are being sold.

I was going to drive to Columbia SC or Charleston SC to see the total eclipse but understand that the traffic will be worse than a hurricane evacuation going both directions so as Charlotte has about a 95% or more coverage I decided to stay home and watch from my South facing balcony.

Did see a full eclipse many years ago in England and remember it being a weird sensation as it goes dark in the middle of the day.

Please make sure you have approved glasses if you are looking at the sun as it seems a lot of dangerous fakes are being sold.

Yeah glasses need to be stamped ISO 12312-2:2015. Seen some rip offs still on amazon, not stamped on the glasses. Wish I had a pair to view in Southern CA (Orange County area). Anyone?? I waited too long & never thought of getting some glasses till too late. Actually should have acquired 10,000 pair a year ago & created a website to sell so I coulld have another free Murci with the profits.

So I live in the Northeast corner of Georgia, about 30 minutes southwest of the total eclipse zone that will happen next Monday 8/21 around 2:40 pm.

I have always been a bit of a science / astrology nerd, so I am kind of psyched about this event. Pick up a couple cheap solar glasses for my wife and I.

Long term forecast looks like it is going to be clear on Monday, considering driving up to Anderson South Carolina as it is in the total eclipse zone.

It is only about a one hour drive from the house so not an inconvenience at all. Below is a map of the eclipse zone traveling through Georgia / South Carolina.

Its gonna be COOL! : B) :sunny: B)

post-652-1502819340_thumb.jpg

I've been waiting for this day since I was very young. Taking the fam to Hilton Head Friday and will be somewhere in that line for Monday. It BETTER be nice out..

Well, my boss is chill with me bringing my astrophotography setup to work. So I've ordered a solar filter and will snag pics at work, since we don't have the time for time off right now.

The Charleston population is going to double for this event. :lol2:

Flying to Denver and driving to Casper, WY to see the eclipse. Wonder how bad the traffic will be...

I-25 traffic between Denver and Ft. Collins is usually a mess, even on the weekends. Normally once you get north of Ft. Collins it is good, but I think the amount of traffic going north to Casper is going to overwhelm every stop along the way. There aren't many stops north of Ft. Collins and most are very small towns once you get north of Cheyenne.

Traffic is backed up from one side of town to the other past the airport coming out of my hometown of little prineville oregon. traffic reports in the town i live in are reporting huge traffic backups on 26/126/97 highways. absolutely insane, and it's ONLY WEDNESDAY.

I was lucky enough to get monday off. So I don't have to deal with the mad house. I'm going to shut myself in this weekend and everyone can fcuk off. Too many people. I've stocked up on food. Most of our gas stations in the surrounding cities are completely out of gas.

Estimated 1 million people are supposed to pass through here between monday this week and during the eclipse.

Traffic is backed up from one side of town to the other past the airport coming out of my hometown of little prineville oregon. traffic reports in the town i live in are reporting huge traffic backups on 26/126/97 highways. absolutely insane, and it's ONLY WEDNESDAY.

I was lucky enough to get monday off. So I don't have to deal with the mad house. I'm going to shut myself in this weekend and everyone can fcuk off. Too many people. I've stocked up on food. Most of our gas stations in the surrounding cities are completely out of gas.

Estimated 1 million people are supposed to pass through here between monday this week and during the eclipse.

And most will be from CA, does that piss you off even more? lol jk

You should sit at a freeway overpass in a lawnchair and flip everyone off all day.