UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All depends on if Rampage can connect on a faster/more agile opponent.

Jones does look sick, but Rampage has knockout power in every punch he throws. All depends who catches who first.

Jones is very fast and skilled, but Rampage is skilled, tough, and if he connects once it could be all she wrote. A lot of people said that Rampage's power wouldn't matter because he couldn't hit Macheda, and well, he did hit him, and when he did it ended the fight. I'm also not too sure how Jones handles getting hit, especially hit hard. Should be a great fight though.

Jones is very fast and skilled, but Rampage is skilled, tough, and if he connects once it could be all she wrote. A lot of people said that Rampage's power wouldn't matter because he couldn't hit Macheda, and well, he did hit him, and when he did it ended the fight. I'm also not too sure how Jones handles getting hit, especially hit hard. Should be a great fight though.

The Machida Rampage tilt was a very close split decision and could have gone either way. I do agree Rampage has stopping power... the issue is if he can catch Bones who is an order of magnitude quicker. Bones' ground game is also wicked but I'm guessing both guys will want to keep it standing.

The other issue is reach - Bones has the biggest wingspan in the UFC at over 7 feet. 84.5 inches is freakish.

Here they are on Kimmel. They're actually pretty funny. Dr. Phil looks like a fcuking heavyweight. Didn't he play Div 1 football somewhere?

Porter, I could be wrong or not remembering correctly, but I remember that after Rampage landed a couple of solid punches, Machida was not the same. Whether or not Rampage can hit Bones will be the question, especially as you have mentioned, Bones is not only faster than Rampage or Machida, he also has a significant reach advantage that will allow him to kick or punch Rampage while staying out of Rampage's critical striking zone.

I also agree that while both are good on the ground, neither will want to take it there unless a great opportunity shows itself. For Bones, while technically superior on the ground he has to know that Rampage is stronger and if he(Bones) makes any mistakes it opens up the opportunity for Rampage to ground and pound, in addition to being susceptible to being hit while going for the take-down. That said, Rampage doesn't want to go to the ground because he wants to avoid opening himself up to submission by the skilled Bones.

I don't have anything against Bones, I was very impressed by his last fight, however I do want Rampage to win.

Thanks for the link, but the second one doesn't work. Bones does seem very cocky, although I'm not sure how much of that isn't just for show. Bones seemed much more humble on ESPN's First Take prior to his championship fight.

Love Rampage, he brings showmanship and drama to his fights. However, he's too old, too slow now unless he gets in a hail mary, Bones will own him. Jones with his unnaturally long arms and legs, combined with his speed and defensive skills will be champ for a long time to come.

Jones all the way...He's like no other fighter out there; So dynamic.

Can't wait for Saturday...Gonna be a great night of fights.

Here they are on Kimmel. They're actually pretty funny. Dr. Phil looks like a fcuking heavyweight. Didn't he play Div 1 football somewhere?

University of Tulsa

Jackson deserves to get his ass kicked, just for the A-Team movie.

University of Tulsa

Jackson deserves to get his ass kicked, just for the A-Team movie.

Haha it was bad but Jessica Biel :monkeyleft:

Bones is fast and strong. His reach is ridiculous. His wrestling is very good. He was All-American. Most importantly his 13 fights (excluding the DQ for 12 to 6 o'clock elbows on Hamill) have only gone to decision twice, with both being his first couple in the UFC which likely can be attributed to stage fright coming into the big show.

His last fight against Rua who I think we can all agree is world class was win by decapitation. I don't see Bones losing to Page and I hate to say it but I think the only one that can beat him is Rashad although Bones still probably has the edge.

I think Rampage, while I like him quite a bit, gets pwned. Jones is far superior in every facet except possibly brute strength. The level that Jones seems to have raised the game to is amazing. I think that this is going to open up a very interesting fight in the future: Jones VS Anderson Silva. That is something that I would pay big money to see. I know that they are in different weight classes, but it seems that Silva can put himself in just about any class if he wants to with his height being what it is. Any thoughts on that one? If it would be possible?

I think Rampage, while I like him quite a bit, gets pwned. Jones is far superior in every facet except possibly brute strength. The level that Jones seems to have raised the game to is amazing. I think that this is going to open up a very interesting fight in the future: Jones VS Anderson Silva. That is something that I would pay big money to see. I know that they are in different weight classes, but it seems that Silva can put himself in just about any class if he wants to with his height being what it is. Any thoughts on that one? If it would be possible?

I to would pay big bucks to see that one!

Silva is the best fighter pound-for-pund in the entire world, no discussion whatsoever. Period. He is simply the best. Fedor is/was not far from that title as well it, a damn shame we won't get to see him rip the head of the heavyweights in UFC.

Page is done. Just saw the highlights from last night.

He didn't have the reach, speed, or agility to beat him.

Silva vs. Bones will be a much better fight.

Both Bones and Rashad came out of Jackson's camp. When Rashad got injured training for his title fight against Rua, Bones was inserted into the main event and kicked the living shit out of Rua. Greg Jackson is a huge proponent of the bullshit I-don't fight-people-I-train-with comrarderie he pushes on his fighters and right from the beginning, Rashad told Jackson he didn't want Bones in the camp because that was a guy with huge potential that Rashad wanted to fight not train with. Bones stayed and trained there, ended up winning the title which caused all sorts of problems, and I think Rashad immediately moved his camp to Grudge.

I think Shad vs. Bones is a much better fight for the fans. Like vyce said, Rampage's speed and punching-only technique was relevant 5 years ago. Now he's too slow, too old, and honestly got tooled badly last night. Bones had his whole way the entire night, and it might have ended earlier had he had enough time when he pulled guard from a stand which maybe he could have transitioned into a guilliotine.

Page was talking Shogun or Henderson but they're already fighting each other. Then he was talking Forrest but who really has interest in that fight? Rampage gets big paycheques for these fights so he wants to keep fighting but his stock has dropped and is continuing to plummet...

Anderson Silva? Jose Aldo?

Silva and Aldo are uber talented, but I still don't think they are as dynamic as Jones, and don't have as many weapons; But they are still great.

Last night is what you would expect - Ramapge couldn't get close. Jones didn't even look like he was trying.

They undercards were so-so. Everyone was gassed from the elevation; Those heavyweights couldn't even stand up in the 2nd.

Who didn't go WTF during the first seconds of the fight? :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah, Jones vs Silva... That would be something of a matchup. Despite the current weight different I think it would be an epic fight.