Murcielago Water Pump

limey

Better hope you dont need a new water pump, Lamborghini just raised the price on the Murci pump from under $800.00 wholesale to over $5400.00 retail!

If that is true and we are unable to find a cross over or a repair kit that will really piss me off.

Water pumps are pretty much sure to leak at some point.

Well, just like the front shocks that went through the roof in replacement costs, a cottage industry will be created rebuilding our water pumps. They'll charge a hefty premium over rebuilding a normal water pump, but we'll be glad to save the money over buying a new one.

Now is the time to start religiously replacing your coolant every 2 years so you don't have to do this job sooner instead of later. It's 2 years max regardless of miles if you want to keep your cooling system (and heater core) in good shape for a long as possible. Not 3 years, or 5 years, or 10 years because you don't drive it much, 2 years.

There is always a cheaper solution. Worst case have the thing rebuilt by a decent shop. But with it being a VAG part I'd think it would be far easier to find something that works instead.

Is it VAG? Or is it still a Lambo part dating back to the Miura V12? I know most parts on the Gallardo were VAG but the mechanicals on the Murci are still small batch local parts

Dude relax!!! This aint a Ferrari, its all Audi parts.

Take a deep breath, chill the fcuk out and be happy. There are cheaper alternatives....

Awesome! Post up the cheaper option asap! Part number please.

By the way, if you don't stay on top of coolant changes, your pump will get pitted and won't be rebuildable. I have seen it many times with these aluminum pumps on older cars. And now these Murci's are getting old.