What tires are you guys running?

RobberBaron

Hello everyone,

I have to replace my tires and didn't know if any of you are running tires other than OEM, or if there are better options than OEM? If so, please let me know what they are and why they are better. Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

RobberBaron

IMG_9766.JPG

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received april 2016 date code Pirelli Corsa System tired from tirerack. They had them in stock. $1503 shipped. They drive nice.

Pirellis now, however I actually have my original set of Hermeras in the garage with Michelin Pilot sports (or SS, can't remember) and I absolutely love them.

Go with JohnN's suggestion. Do NOT go away from OEM tires on stock wheels and awd setup unless you want to buy a new front diff. This is imperative! The michelins will destroy your awd system. It is stupid sensitive to change in rotational ratio.

My car is RWD, but I agree, I think OEM is probably the best call.

How do you like those BFGoodrich's on your car? What size are they?

I am a big fan of the Pzero Corsa's as well! They wear well and a lot more traction (softer compound) than regular PZero's.

R888.

I put them on my Viper because they are cheap and supposedly last close to as long as other tires for the car. The Murci should be the same way since it eats through rear tires in 10-15k of easy driving. But these tires completely transformed the Viper, zero wheel spin, braking is amazing (pre-ABS car), the car has miles of grip for the turns. When my Murci's tires (PS2) go, it's getting R888.

Downside, can't slide the car around or spin the tires.

R888.

I put them on my Viper because they are cheap and supposedly last close to as long as other tires for the car. The Murci should be the same way since it eats through rear tires in 10-15k of easy driving. But these tires completely transformed the Viper, zero wheel spin, braking is amazing (pre-ABS car), the car has miles of grip for the turns. When my Murci's tires (PS2) go, it's getting R888.

Downside, can't slide the car around or spin the tires.

R888 do come in 335/30/18 but they dont make a 245/35/18 for the front?

Before committing to the R888s, you may want to read some of the reviews on the web. They're very sticky, and reasonably-priced, but also very noisy. If you're running aftermarket exhaust, maybe it doesn't matter, but some claim the noise is quite distracting -- even enough to cause a couple folks to wonder if their wheel bearings were going. There's a trade-off, too, with the stickiness...as that's achieved by a softer compound. So, they'll need replacing more often.

Just food for thought...

I've heard that too, along with poor wet driving. My Viper is quieter than my Murci and the sound of the car (exhaust, wind and radio) overcome any noise made by the tires. I drive the Viper in the wet the same as with PS2 and haven't noticed any difference (I think that most people comparing wet driving are not driving cars that try to kill you in the rain like Viper, Murci, etc.) The R888 do pick up a lot of things from the road and throw them.

R888 do come in 335/30/18 but they dont make a 245/35/18 for the front?

Looks like 2WD is required to run R888.

Pzero: 245/35R18 ............................. 335/30R18

- Section width: 9.7 ........................... 13.6

- Overall diameter: 24.5 ..................... 26.1

R888

- 235/40R18 ... Section Width: 9.6 / Overall Diameter 25.5

- 245/40R18 ... Section Width: 9.8 / Overall Diameter 25.7

- 255/35R18 ... Section Width: 10.2 / Overall Diameter 25.1

- 335/30R18 ... Section Width: 13.3 / Overall Diameter 26

All the front R888 will fit the 8.5" front wheel, but the 255 might have a bulge. The r888 will be .6" to 1" taller than pzero up front. The actual tread of the R888 is wider than the pzero in the rear even though the tire width is more narrow.

Go with JohnN's suggestion. Do NOT go away from OEM tires on stock wheels and awd setup unless you want to buy a new front diff. This is imperative! The michelins will destroy your awd system. It is stupid sensitive to change in rotational ratio.

The ones I had on were within the rotational specs of the 2 oem sizes, Lambo N LA suggested and installed them for me. Never had any issues at all, even when I was AWD. They are a significantly better tire than the Pirellis IMO.

Pirelli Pzero's

The ones I had on were within the rotational specs of the 2 oem sizes, Lambo N LA suggested and installed them for me. Never had any issues at all, even when I was AWD. They are a significantly better tire than the Pirellis IMO.

This was a tire wheel combo or just tires? If so, which ones? The diff is stupid sensitive so I throw this precaution to anyone AWD w a Murcie.

This was a tire wheel combo or just tires? If so, which ones? The diff is stupid sensitive so I throw this precaution to anyone AWD w a Murcie.

It was just tires on the stock Hermeras, I can check which ones it was exactly later. My setup on HREs now is with Pirellis and I'm not very impressed. Either way I agree with ya, definitely want to be incredibly careful!

It was just tires on the stock Hermeras, I can check which ones it was exactly later. My setup on HREs now is with Pirellis and I'm not very impressed. Either way I agree with ya, definitely want to be incredibly careful!

It would be good information. A friend looked at a lot of the most common tires available in the Murcie sizes and most of them had a rolling diameter that really screwed up the ratios for the diff.

• 5 months later...

Bringing this one back... I've read a number of tire related threads now and i'm still getting my head around things, I understand that not having the same diameter as the OEM tires means the front diff will die...

So... I am currently running Michelin Pilot Sports front 245/35 ZR 18 and rear 335/30 ZR 18

Are these ok or am I going to destroy my car?

currently running AWD and TT setup..

Thanks in advance!

Bringing this one back... I've read a number of tire related threads now and i'm still getting my head around things, I understand that not having the same diameter as the OEM tires means the front diff will die...

So... I am currently running Michelin Pilot Sports front 245/35 ZR 18 and rear 335/30 ZR 18

Are these ok or am I going to destroy my car?

currently running AWD and TT setup..

Thanks in advance!

Ps2 on a tt murcie asking for front diff failure.

I just got a full set of Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tires. I was able to get fronts in September - the rears were on back-order. I got the rears a couple of weeks ago. I assume Pirelli manufactured a run of Corsa's and they should be available now.

Ps2 on a tt murcie asking for front diff failure.

Pirelli Pzero's

I just got a full set of Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tires. I was able to get fronts in September - the rears were on back-order. I got the rears a couple of weeks ago. I assume Pirelli manufactured a run of Corsa's and they should be available now.

I will purchase some Corsa's then, they were on the car when I bought it and look pretty much like new to be honest, looks like i'll have them for sale for anyone who's done the 2WD conversion soon!

I presume the best place to buy from is tire rack?