Another record for Huracan Performante

APB

i wish lambo would post how much downforce A.L.A. produces. it has to be significant in order to do what this car is doing.. it cant be just the tires...

i wish lambo would post how much downforce A.L.A. produces. it has to be significant in order to do what this car is doing.. it cant be just the tires...

They are saying 750% more than the standard Huracan, whatever that means.

• 1 month later...
Damn that Performante sounds so good 🤤

:iamwithstupid: :icon_super:

funny story, my neighbor just bought a 488 and I saw him driving top down, Ferrari matching gloves, shoes, hats etc.. we were playing around and I blew by him in the top of 3rd gear at 6k rpms.

2 days later his car was in the shop getting titanium exhaust, down pipes, tune etc 20k later and it doesn't sound much better. now hes talking about trading it in for a P.. lol

Why not? Tires are the biggest improvement to lap times for any car. Yes, the car suspension has to be setup to take the additional load, but all improvement to a car goes through the tires.

Both the Performante and GT2RS make around 750 lb downforce near 200 mph. Meanwhile a P1 makes 1400 lbs at 150 mph

Why not? Tires are the biggest improvement to lap times for any car. Yes, the car suspension has to be setup to take the additional load, but all improvement to a car goes through the tires.

Both the Performante and GT2RS make around 750 lb downforce near 200 mph. Meanwhile a P1 makes 1400 lbs at 150 mph

I know the tires do make a big difference, but I was very surprised to say my p is running on the factory corsa tires (not trofeo R) and the car is insane at the track running by 675's, acr's, GT3RS, turbo s, huracans, etc so I do think the aero and suspension plays a huge role on this cars success!

I know the tires do make a big difference, but I was very surprised to say my p is running on the factory corsa tires (not trofeo R) and the car is insane at the track running by 675's, acr's, GT3RS, turbo s, huracans, etc so I do think the aero and suspension plays a huge role on this cars success!

Driver is the #1 mod over anything else. You're passing 675LTs in corners? Getting point by? In the straights?

Driver is the #1 mod over anything else. You're passing 675LTs in corners? Getting point by? In the straights?

100% right, corners and both passes..

I'm going back 12/30 with the same cars drivers etc. so ill post times

What's with the full roll cage and harnesses? Is that a factory option? Knew the GT2RS would dominate. Just on that little front straight it's 10 kph faster

More impressive...10 kmh faster thru the first turn. Would’ve thought the P would have the advantage there...

What a surprise, the car with more HP and lighter weight is faster than the heavier car with less horsepower, watch the video he was about to kill himself in few corners in that GT2RS cornering off the tarmac rally mode besides that it sounds like a god damn dyson, so anticlimactic listing to it after listening to the Performante.

Yes it’s faster but only in the hands of a much better driver, now I’ve fallen in love with the P cars after buying the GT4 I am sure the GT2RS is a beast but for me there is no way I’d look at one over a P.

I see derphurf is at it again, apparently roll cages aren’t used for safety anymore they give you extra horsepower also he thinks if he puts Trofeo Rs on his mom’s Corolla he will beat the Nurburgring record, it’s all in the tires :rolleyes:

What a surprise, the car with more HP and lighter weight is faster than the heavier car with less horsepower, watch the video he was about to kill himself in few corners in that GT2RS cornering off the tarmac rally mode besides that it sounds like a god damn dyson, so anticlimactic listing to it after listening to the Performante.

Yes it’s faster but only in the hands of a much better driver, now I’ve fallen in love with the P cars after buying the GT4 I am sure the GT2RS is a beast but for me there is no way I’d look at one over a P.

I see derphurf is at it again, apparently roll cages aren’t used for safety anymore they give you extra horsepower also he thinks if he puts Trofeo Rs on his mom’s Corolla he will beat the Nurburgring record, it’s all in the tires :rolleyes:

This...

Did you see him paint the fcuking outside wall in that right hand turn? He was driving the wheels off that thing to get that time. That said, he had a much, much better launch than the Performante as well. I bet that was worth .5-.75 of a second on that lap.

This...

Did you see him paint the fcuking outside wall in that right hand turn? He was driving the wheels off that thing to get that time. That said, he had a much, much better launch than the Performante as well. I bet that was worth .5-.75 of a second on that lap.

the lap times werent from standing starts. not sure why they even put that footage in there. in the in-car view, you can see him cross the start finish line in each car when it before they hit the first turn. thats when the timer started...

the lap times werent from standing starts. not sure why they even put that footage in there. in the in-car view, you can see him cross the start finish line in each car when it before they hit the first turn. thats when the timer started...

That makes more sense because the P had a very crappy launch, tell me how I know, I had to rearange the skin on my face and check if the wheels were still on the demo after I launched it LOL

Agree 100% with this...

Huh, so now you can go tell performance off of the specs like I did months ago and you lambasted me for it? You can't have it both ways. You put better tires on the same car and it will go seconds a lap faster. That includes a Corolla as long as you don't rip the suspension off from the increased loads.

What happened to downforce this, advanced suspension that? An AWD car got dominated on a tight short track.

I guess full roll cages and racing harnesses are used for more than safety. Chassis stiffness and driver stability...

That Porsche looks alive on track. Why wouldn't you want that? Looks fun as hell. I guess it's all preference. Do you want a car that will challenge you and you can grow in driving ability with it over the course of years? Or do you want to be fast with it right out of the box.

Huh, so now you can go tell performance off of the specs like I did months ago and you lambasted me for it? You can't have it both ways. You put better tires on the same car and it will go seconds a lap faster. That includes a Corolla as long as you don't rip the suspension off from the increased loads.

What happened to downforce this, advanced suspension that? An AWD car got dominated on a tight short track.

I guess full roll cages and racing harnesses are used for more than safety. Chassis stiffness and driver stability...

That Porsche looks alive on track. Why wouldn't you want that? Looks fun as hell. I guess it's all preference. Do you want a car that will challenge you and you can grow in driving ability with it over the course of years? Or do you want to be fast with it right out of the box.

Do you ever actually have a point? Or do you just post for the sake of posting?

Do you ever actually have a point? Or do you just post for the sake of posting?

The point is to put things into perspective? Because apparently it goes in this order. "Fastest car on the track". When not fastest on the track (which I called a long time ago, pointed at as heresy). "Sounds way better". Next, "Easier to drive, you'll kill yourself in that other car".

In the meantime, comparing cars in completely different segments.

If you want to compare track ability, go full bore, make no excuses. It's slower, on same type of tires, same type of car, same price.

If you want to compare cars subjectively from looks, sound, feel, etc. That's great as well. But don't cheerlead like this car was an "innovation" or industry leader in aero, etc. It just got its ass handed to it by one of the best in the business, end of. It's an awesome car. It's the best sounding car IMO at any price right now.

But the McLaren Senna, Project One, and Valkyrie will make it seem like a dinosaur.

When was the last time you saw a magazine car with a full roll cage and removed headliner? Honest question. Last time I can remember was the Porsche 918 and Honda Civic Type R. What do these cars have in common in that occurrence?