Cylinder head gaskets

SAMLAMBO

Oh well so much for a good weekend. My cylinder heads are leaking and gaskets need to be replaced. They got to pull down engine to remove and replace with new gaskets.

It's a 2011 year bull and done 6500 miles. Under used that's why leaking or what gives?

Wtf? Are your valve covers leaking? If oil is leaking from between the heads and block then something is really haywire.

Wtf? Are your valve covers leaking? If oil is leaking from between the heads and block then something is really haywire.

According to the Lambo agent techs, cylinder head gaskets and apparently I'm not the first.

Had you had overheating issues with that car? Head gaskets for that age car and mileage is definitely NOT common.

Not at all but it's warm here in Singapore 24/7. However before I bough it, it was sitting in an air conditioned showroom for couple of months, so maybe hot cold hot cold could have also contributed to this

Not at all but it's warm here in Singapore 24/7. However before I bough it, it was sitting in an air conditioned showroom for couple of months, so maybe hot cold hot cold could have also contributed to this

The constant heat in Singapore while you're driving seems more like it. I can't possibly see a way that this would happen while being indoors. Your car, if I remember being a first year car could possibly have something to do with it. I'd wonder how many first year Aventadors might have had this issue compared to other years.

The constant heat in Singapore while you're driving seems more like it. I can't possibly see a way that this would happen while being indoors. Your car, if I remember being a first year car could possibly have something to do with it. I'd wonder how many first year Aventadors might have had this issue compared to other years.

According to the techs apparently quite a few even up to the 2013 cars. I love Singapore but the weather really sucks.

I have no idea of the cause and not one I've heard of before tbh. But could hard use straight out of the box cause this sort of thing? As in high and prolonged revs from new rather than following the running in procedure and heat cycles to bed parts in?

Do you leave the car ideling more than 5 mins? Just curious.

Sometimes once in awhile I do get caught in traffic

I have no idea of the cause and not one I've heard of before tbh. But could hard use straight out of the box cause this sort of thing? As in high and prolonged revs from new rather than following the running in procedure and heat cycles to bed parts in?

I for one am a slave to my car and it's never even been to the track and never will in my hands

The highest I've revved up to also is maybe around 7k revs and no way will I ever hold it there

I'd see if I could get input from the factory before tearing the motor down.

Yup am claiming warranty and will take pics to post up here

If the car has never ovetheated (per the dash gauge) the ambient temp meams fcuk all. They are head gaskets, their regular life is heat cycling while containing the cylinder pressure.

Did you lose compression in any cylinders?

If the car has never ovetheated (per the dash gauge) the ambient temp meams fcuk all. They are head gaskets, their regular life is heat cycling while containing the cylinder pressure.

Did you lose compression in any cylinders?

Yup no overheating whatsoever. I guess it's lifespan. What else could it be. Will check if they did a compression test.

Get a second opinion on it

Still under warranty so will let the agent handle it and they claim mines not the first

So they pulled down the engine and having both left and right side gaskets and whatever hardware replaced even though it was only leaking one side, thank God for the warranty. I'll see if I get the time to take photos tomorrow.

Spoke to my tech earlier and he was like don't worry your cars not the first to have gaskets replaced.

Yup no overheating whatsoever. I guess it's lifespan. What else could it be. Will check if they did a compression test.

The lifespan of a headgasket is essentially infinite. People can pull motors from cars in the 60's and 70's, get them to fire and not have a leaking gasket.

Something else is up here. Heads not torqued properly, a bad machine job on the block/heads, etc. But all those things would result in a blown gasket between the cylinders and a loss of compression.

The "leaking" part, where you see oil/water coming out doesn't pass the smell test. Valve cover gasket sure, but not a head gasket.

Let me check exactly what went wrong when I head down next

If it were my car, I would press whoever doing the work to find out exactly why it happened and what they're doing to make sure it doesn't happen again, even if the car has to get a new engine block. If, like others said, the issue IS due to a faulty engine block, then you're only going to keep having this issue.

If it were my car, I would press whoever doing the work to find out exactly why it happened and what they're doing to make sure it doesn't happen again, even if the car has to get a new engine block. If, like others said, the issue IS due to a faulty engine block, then you're only going to keep having this issue.

Yes l'll be going down later part of this week to check

Went down earlier to take a look. The factory is sending us different gaskets(improved quality, like on 2013 cars onwards). Apparently the earlier batch Aventador's had a different gasket and mine is the 6th car to swap to the improved quality gaskets. Even a couple of Aventador's in Malaysia faced the same issue as my car. The cylinder heads and all are perfectly fine. Below is a photo of the gasket I'm pointing at. The newer improved gaskets(I belief on 2013 cars onwards) don't stick out as much.