Liberty Walk Aventador: Theft on CarFax

JonV8944s

Hello Lambo Brethren,

Some of you know I have the 09 Monterey Blue Murcielago LP640, but interestingly enough in my same City, Charlotte, NC, a Liberty Walk 2014 Roadster Aventador has popped up.

I went and saw the car, sure its been painted (I assume they do that with the liberty walk kit? But the big issue is that it has a 'theft' report on it, but interestingly, no damage/insurance report after the theft.

What's people's thoughts on this car as something to have? its got 1,800 miles on it, but anyone have any insight into this car, and the theft? The liberty kit on it? The price point?

http://www.metrolinaautogroup.com/2014_Lam...NC_11745687.veh

The dealership seems interested in working a deal, but I really just came to look at it, not buy it, yet now its interesting enough that I'd ask you guys for your thoughts

Thanks!

Jon

That dealer seems to specialize in exotics with wrecks, thefts, etc. and is not particularly up front about disclosing the issues (this ad says clean carfax, and it may or may not be clean, but I can promise you they know about the history and bought it accordingly). Not sure why anyone would want to deal with a dealer like that.

What the fcuk is the screen on the dash?

FYI, I was talking with a local shop who installed an air suspension on an Aventador and the rear crossmember, where the shocks mount, had to be cut out. I would make sure that shit is stock, unless you're cool with modifying structural components.

I like the LB Aventador's. If that car was on some attractive wheels, deleted the rear wing and contrasted the front bumper lip it would look great.

https://www.uclookup.com/detail/2014-Lambor...3012470717.html

Yeah, I asked if it had any accidents on the carfax, and they said no. lol, but then when I said ok let me see the carfax please, they disclosed that it had been stolen. I don't want to throw disparities at the guys because they were super nice, but I didn't like that part, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they had talked to enough people maybe they didn't realize they hadn't disclosed it.

I told them I was going to post on the lambo forum and get feedback, so I didn't do this to talk shit, but to get an honest opinion of if its a worthwhile buy. at 389k its not in my book, BUT the owner said he was willing to work aggressively on the price to sell it locally vs the tradin's he's being offered from perspective buyers out of California.

And yes, whiteout, they relocated the navigation screen and installed aftermarket stereo, the thing has a crazy sound system.

And also yes to you again whiteout, its on bags, so if that means frame cutting, then I gotta bow out, as that's not a item I'd like to compromise. I actually would prefer it didn't have bags, that's soley for 'dropping it' at shows, and I am more of a driver then a 'go to shows' kinda guy.

All this being said, WOW does it pop in person, you'd dominate a car show for sure with this one.

Funny enough, this is the SHIT SHOW it looked like before Metrolina fixed it up:

https://www.uclookup.com/detail/2014-Lambor...3012470717.html

SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW who's this was, and what the story is behing the theft?

I like the LB Aventador's. If that car was on some attractive wheels, deleted the rear wing and contrasted the front bumper lip it would look great.

BTW, I love the rear wing... look... me and Whiteout not agreeing again ;) lol.

Once a story car, always a story car. While disclosure isn't required in the used car world, it is ethically the thing to do. Deal with it up front, put the info out there, price accordingly, and you won't have problems down the road. I have always been leery of these chop shop jobs putting things together. Kinda like the Carrera GT that got turned into the blue Avalanche car. It got wrecked to fcuk and back by Dennis Kennedy at the old Exotics Motorcars of Palm Beach or whatever the hell it was called. Car was being taken for a PPI by Dennis at a Porsche store, and he fast and furious'd the thing into the wall on I-95. To hide that wreck, he built it into a Gemballa car.

Theft reports can come from a lot of different things. Someone could have "borrowed it" and the owner called the cops and reported it stolen. Once the report is generated, it is there forever. That said, that is certainly the minority.

Also, I wouldn't buy a car (personally) that had bagged suspension, not on a car like this. You have to add quite a few systems to make that work, you have to cut and splice and move things around, and generally change a bit of stuff. That is just Pandora's box to me. You know who you might ask about this car, Kevin at UGR. He is right around the corner from these guys, I wouldn't doubt if he knows them. Also, find out who did the Liberty Walk kit, and see if they can tell you what the car looked like on arrival. I have a feeling those fender flares are there for a very specific reason, just like that Carrera GT I mentioned.

My understanding is that the seller does not have the best reputation for providing quality cars. I have no personal experience, however.

Wow, that's ugly!

389k, lol! Shouldn't that be 38.9k?

Kill it with napalm from outer space!

I say we take off and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

There are 2 Liberty walk cars on sale in Canada. Both been on sale for a fairly long time.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Lamborghini/Ave...;orup=23_100_30

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Lamborghini/Ave...;orup=27_100_30

A few months back a LB 458 Spyder was auctioned off at the local dealer auction. Pulled less money than it would have had it been bone stock. No history car. Previous owner also had/has a Liberty Walk Aventador.

ferrari-458-spider-with-liberty-walk-kit-is-total-eye-candy-photo-gallery_16.jpg

Ferrari-458-2.jpg

Before the kit:

Ferrari-458-Spider-2.jpg

I dont understand why a hack job Fiberglass kit would pull in more money than a original example.

There was a huge write up on a GT3 they did about 3-4 years ago. Hack artists

That dealer seems to specialize in exotics with wrecks, thefts, etc. and is not particularly up front about disclosing the issues (this ad says clean carfax, and it may or may not be clean, but I can promise you they know about the history and bought it accordingly). Not sure why anyone would want to deal with a dealer like that.

My understanding is that the seller does not have the best reputation for providing quality cars. I have no personal experience, however.

Any stories come to mind you'd like to share? I was recently in talks with one of the owners at Metrolina to purchase a red vorsteiner kitted Huracan from them and trade them my Gallardo.

Thanks in advance.

For the sake of this question i'm ignoring all the other possible issues (which there are many), but have you ever driven a car/truck that was fitted with aftermarket air suspension? I don't mean a benz or audi with 10,000 hours of german engineering put into it, but a cobbled up setup of air springs, compressors, tanks, etc?

I'm guessing the answer is no.

My first thought is fcuking RUN. From an engineering perspective, in terms of spring rate and linearity vs position, air springs are beyond complex. Coils, be them steel or titanium are very consistent. You can adjust ride height by changing preload without really effecting the overall rate or charasteristics. Rate increase is very predictable, easy to tune (valve the shocks) around, and overall just easy to deal with. Air springs are the opposite, they ramp (increase the spring rate, or force required to compress it) in proportion to the volume of air being displaced as a function of total chamber volume. This means you really need to get your chamber volume perfect for it to work properly. Get it wrong and it either rides like a radio flyer wagon, or blows through the travel so quick you're bottoming out constantly. Depending on your line sizes and pressures, it can be trying to do both at the same time, relative to the speed of wheel travel.

Done right, especially in vehicles with massive weight swings like trucks, it's phenomenal for load control and ride comfort. But it requires OEM levels of engineering input and testing. These aftermarket kits are all but guaranteed to be dogshit, and that's before you take a sawzall to major structural components.

IMO, that car isn't worth a dime over it's part-out value. If they hacked major suspension components at the frame level, consider it branded with a salvaged title for resale sake.

As usual emanon is on point, air suspension on an exotic is pure junk as for those kits they look very tough, I would never do it myself but I don't mind when others do it because I kind of like the look :icon_mrgreen:

Any stories come to mind you'd like to share? I was recently in talks with one of the owners at Metrolina to purchase a red vorsteiner kitted Huracan from them and trade them my Gallardo.

Thanks in advance.

Was it the red car with like 15k miles on it?

I dont understand why a hack job Fiberglass kit would pull in more money than a original example.

There was a huge write up on a GT3 they did about 3-4 years ago. Hack artists

THIS! ^^^

LTMW is a fraud and lies constantly. I've been in the BMW community long enough to know all about them. Long Tran publicly lied about a situation I had when I was trying to buy parts from them a while back. The GT3 that they did and that was sold shortly after to another person was a complete cluster fcuk. I feel really bad for that guy, but he should have gotten a PPI.

Photos have expired, but trust me, it's fucked.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-for...-gt3-owner.html

Was it the red car with like 15k miles on it?

Yes, it was a red 2015 with full vorsteiner kit including wheels and it had the Lambo racing exhaust. I think it was 70xx miles if I recall.

Does this ring a bell?

Yes, it was a red 2015 with full vorsteiner kit including wheels and it had the Lambo racing exhaust. I think it was 70xx miles if I recall.

Does this ring a bell?

Acutally, the car I was offered, and passed on, was a Mansory kit car with 12k on it. Was supposed to be a super nice car, but I just couldn't do anything with the miles. I was told the kit was super nice. It was traded at a California dealership. Sorry, I thought it was the same one.

Ahhh, okay cool. Looks like Metrolina sold the red car with vorsteiner, so they're off my radar at this point...