O'Reilly

kinnsella

For those that only watch FOX news, you might not know this, with the intense and important Aaron Hernandez coverage.

O'Reilly - out. Repeated sexual harassment will only be tolerated as long the advertisers don't leave en masse. Anybody else see the irony with the photo of O'Reilly shaking hands with the Pope today.

Hopefully, FOX will replace him with somebody that doesn't treat their audience as retarded third graders.

Just in - Carlson got the spot.

While O'Reilly is often an egotistical blowhard, there is no hard proof that he engaged in any sexual harassment. Engaging in settlements is not an admission of guilt and settlements are often done because otherwise going to court is lengthy, time-consuming, and involves a whole lot of negative public relations. The advertisers also would have started coming back I believe, because his ratings had actually improved. I think there was more to this behind-the-scenes that we don't know about.

IMO, he was one of the fewer news people that actually treated his audience like adults. Unlike other media for example, he would never just presume guilt of people the media was essentially trying and convicting of this or that, but rather would seek to have both sides.

I love O'Reilly. I catch his show anytime I can. I will wait for any type of evidence before I believe anything.

Luckily for you, 8 figure settlements come with ironclad NDA's, so you can keep your head in the sand.

Meh sometimes its easier to pay than deal with publicity... it was sexual harassment not assault, pretty hard to defend yourself against accusations unless caught on tape... not defending the guy... since I don't know him from Adam nor do I particularly give a shit... just saying

Meh sometimes its easier to pay than deal with publicity... it was sexual harassment not assault, pretty hard to defend yourself against accusations unless caught on tape... not defending the guy... since I don't know him from Adam nor do I particularly give a shit... just saying

There are tapes in at least one case. They are not firing their cash cow without reason. He just signed a 5 year deal for $20m plus a year.

Wasnt the head of Fox News under these allegations long before this came out?

Wasnt the head of Fox News under these allegations long before this came out?

Ailes nee Jabba the hut walked away with a $40m settlement last year. He knew where all the bodies where buried.

I love O'Reilly. I catch his show anytime I can. I will wait for any type of evidence before I believe anything.

where did you stand on Hillary-Benghazi and emails? just taking a poll. seems right wingers think she's mega guilty, without heavy evidence "she destroyed it" and left wingers think bill is a vile misogynist, both sides based on accusations.

where did you stand on Hillary-Benghazi and emails? just taking a poll. seems right wingers think she's mega guilty, without heavy evidence "she destroyed it" and left wingers think bill is a vile misogynist, both sides based on accusations.

Her having a private e-mail server alone was enough to get anybody else thrown in prison.

Your buddy Comey would disagree....

IMO, he was compromised politically. Patreaus got fired for less, there was that Navy sailor who got imprisoned for taking pictures on a submarine. But having a private e-mail server as a Secretary of State, which endangered national security, was not enough to get her into any real trouble. IMO it was one of those examples of the law being different for the elites of society.

Why couldn't it have been Hannity :icon_oak:

Throw him out too. He's obnoxious and a blow-hard. I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he's the smartest person in the room wherever he goes. Just a royal jackass.

Throw him out too. He's obnoxious and a blow-hard. I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he's the smartest person in the room wherever he goes. Just a royal jackass.

He moved into the Kelly file slot and ratings went up..apparently, FOX news viewers like to be spoon fed.

He moved into the Kelly file slot and ratings went up..apparently, FOX news viewers like to be spoon fed.

I don't disagree; however there are a few that aren't lost to the echo chamber.

It takes a few minutes, but it's a fascinating and incredibly good read. It sums up quite nicely.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4469...lture-character

There are those who say that the Left is “taking scalps,” and they have a list of Republican victims to prove their thesis. Roger Ailes is out at Fox News. Bill O’Reilly is out at Fox News. Michael Flynn is out at the White House. Those three names — the head of the most powerful cable news network, the highest-rated cable news personality, and the national-security adviser — represent a stunning wave of resignations and terminations. But this isn’t scalp-taking, it’s scalp-giving. Time and again prominent conservative personalities have failed to uphold basic standards of morality or even decency. Time and again the conservative public has rallied around them, seeking to protect their own against the wrath of a vengeful Left. Time and again the defense has proved unsustainable as the sheer weight of the facts buries the accused. Moreover, the pattern is repeating itself with the younger generation of conservative celebrities.

The sharp rise and meteoric fall of both Tomi Lauren and Milo Yiannopoulos were driven by much the same dynamic that sustained O’Reilly for years, even in the face of previous sexual-harassment complaints — Lahren and Yiannopoulos were “fighters” who “tell it like it is.” O’Reilly was the master of the “no-spin zone” and seemed fearless in taking on his enemies. What followed was a toxic culture of conservative celebrity, where the public elevated personalities more because of their pugnaciousness than anything else.

Indeed, the fastest way to become the next conservative star is to “destroy” the Left, feeding the same kind of instinct that causes leftists to lap up content from John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Stephen Colbert. Liberals use condescending mockery. Conservatives use righteous indignation. That’s not much of a difference. The cost has been a loss of integrity and, crucially, a loss of emphasis on ideas and, more important, ideals. There exists in some quarters an assumption that if you’re truly going to “fight,” then you have to be ready to get your hands dirty. You can’t be squeamish about details like truth or civility or decency.

When searching for ideological gladiators, we emphasize their knifework, not their character or integrity. Of course, this notion reached its apex in the person and personality of Donald Trump, but Trump had an advantage that O’Reilly, Ailes, and others simply didn’t enjoy. When he was under fire, especially in the general election, he could argue that the choice wasn’t between truth and lies but between him and Hillary, between lies and lies. Which liar do you want? The one allegedly on your side, right? The message sent when conservatives try to defend the indefensible is the same one that Democrats sent as they continued to prop up the Clinton machine through scandal after scandal. Make no mistake, there are conservative “fighters” who are men and women of integrity. Fox News still has a number of journalists and pundits whom I trust and admire. But when we ask for fighters first, and we elevate aggression over truth and competence, we ask for exactly the kind of scandals we’ve endured. Moreover, the degradation to our culture far outweighs any short-term, tribal political benefit.

The message sent when conservatives rally around the flag to defend the indefensible is exactly the message the Democrats sent so loudly as they continued to prop up the Clinton machine through scandal after scandal. Only winning matters. Ambition is everything. Political movements are about personalities, not ideas — so you’re left with the political equivalent of warring mafia families in which the highest value is loyalty, and the ends always justify the means. But ambition isn’t everything, and the single-minded quest for winning ultimately creates a class of losers. O’Reilly and Ailes together built a cable news empire. Yet their legacies will forever be marred by the tawdriest of scandals: two men (pathetically) proving unable to control their petty lusts and desires. Michael Flynn was a hero. Now he’s an object lesson. And people like Lahren and Yiannopoulos? They didn’t even achieve “real” fame before their corruption emerged. Do a few viral Facebook videos justify diva behavior? Does telling off feminists on YouTube insulate you from the consequences of advancing the worst of ideas? But, as the saying goes, in crisis there is also opportunity.

As Fox News and other conservative organizations consider the path forward, there’s a chance to not just elevate the next best mouthpiece for righteous indignation but to consider a broader range of virtues. There do exist conservatives who fight hard but fight fair, and there also exist conservatives who won’t ask you to overlook or even defend them from credible accusations of serious wrongdoing. The conservative movement includes some of the best and most admirable people I’ve ever met. It also includes its share of grasping, ambitious fame-hounds, people who live for the next Fox hit and angle to write this year’s version of the “liberals are sending this country to hell” bestselling book. But bad character sends a country to hell just as surely as bad policy does, and any movement that asks its members to defend vice in the name of advancing allegedly greater virtue is ultimately shooting itself in the foot.

O’Reilly’s fall can be an important act of public hygiene, but only if it represents the beginning of the end of a conservative culture that makes us behave like the cultural enemies we purport to despise. Otherwise conservatives will hand the Left more scalps, forfeit more public trust, and ultimately lose because of their single-minded quest to win.

— David French is a senior writer for National Review, a senior fellow at the National Review Institute, and an attorney.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4469...lture-character

Wow rough crew here :D I actually have always liked Hannity because there's no BSing with his views. You know exactly what you are getting with him and he doesn't pretend otherwise. Same with Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham. I do not agree with all of their views on things however. Personally, I think the best lineup the channel had was Greta at 7, O'Reilly at 8, Kelly at 9, and Hannity at 10. I do not get why they are moving The Five to 9PM, that is just not a 9PM type of show IMO.

Kelly I really liked, unfortunately she let her animus against Trump get to her and went too hard-line against him and was not critical enough of Hillary at the same time; it became clear she was very biased against Trump. In addition, it seems her position there went to her head and her ego ballooned, causing a lot of angst with the other people at Fox and people really began to dislike her. I always thought she struck a decent more moderate-type balance with the channel though and I especially liked how she stuck up for free speech when Pam Gellar held her Muslim cartoon contest when all the rest of the media and even people at Fox were basically laying the blame on her for the actions of violence being threatened by the radical Muslims.

I've read that the wife of one of Rupert Murdoch's sons is who pushed for O'Reilly's firing.

We'll do it LIVE!!!

He also had a huge blow-up against George Will when he called nonsense on O'Reilly's Killing Reagan.

So if your a average guy and you hit on some chick hoping to maybe get some action, it is OK and normal . But if you are rich and famous and you do that you are sexually harassing her and will get your reputation ruined lose your job and get sued. there is a big advantage to not being famous and not letting people know your financial situation.

So if your a average guy and you hit on some chick hoping to maybe get some action, it is OK and normal . But if you are rich and famous and you do that you are sexually harassing her and will get your reputation ruined lose your job and get sued. there is a big advantage to not being famous and not letting people know your financial situation.

The only difference i see is the position of power and authority. If the girls work for/under you, then it's absolutely unacceptable.

I've also read that the Murdochs want to buy Sky News of the UK and their being able to is contingent on their company having good moral standing. Their last attempt to buy it was sunk by the phone hacking scandal. Now they're trying again, but the British media regulator Ofcom is deciding whether they are a "fit and proper" company to own Sky. The Roger Ailes scandal and now this about O'Reilly may have played a role in his quickly being fired too.