Our Killer App

RobberBaron

Hello everyone,

Over the past few months BLK Tony and I have worked on developing an app. The idea was Tony's and my company handled the development, but the idea was too good to pass up on so we have partnered on the project. The app brings privacy back to your photos. It doesn't accomplish it in some stupid (for lack of a better term) way like several of our direct and indirect competitors (example being the fake calculator and similar apps). Personally, I use the app to hide photos related to my company. It is nice being able to hide receipts, cheques, etc. so when people are looking at pics on my phone they don't put their nose where it doesn't belong. Anyway, we would love to hear your thoughts and hope you guys will consider downloading the app!

More detailed description:

Have you ever handed your phone to someone only to have them swipe through all of your photos? FotoFreeze finally puts an end to that and restores privacy.

FotoFreeze is the first and only app that allows you to Freeze a photo and prevent people from swiping through your albums. It’s as simple as finding the photo you wish to share, pressing the snowflake icon on the bottom right, and that photo is now frozen. Freezing a photo disables the swipe function but still allows you to zoom. To unfreeze the photo you press the snowflake icon again and use Touch ID or enter your password.

Administrative Mode:

Administrative mode allows you access to every one of your photos and videos. To access Administrative mode, you press the Lock icon on the top right corner and then use Touch ID or enter your password. Once you have access, you can take advantage of a simple Swipe Up or Swipe Down gesture to lock or unlock photos. Swiping up on a photo will lock the photo, making it invisible in Privacy mode. Swiping down will unlock the photo. Any photo or video that is locked, indicated by the lock icon on the bottom right of the screen, cannot be seen while in Privacy mode.

Privacy Mode:

Any time you open FotoFreeze, the default mode is ‘Privacy Mode’, indicated by the Lock icon on the top right corner. This is a limited view of your albums showing only the photos you want it to show. Any photo that is Unlocked in the Administrative mode will be visible, while any Locked photos will be hidden.

**Note: actual screens don't have the blue text on them**

fotofeeezesample2.jpg

sample1.jpg

FOTOFREEZESAMPLE3_1.jpg

FOTOFREEZESAMPLE4.jpg

So happy to finally have this app out and available to the public!

Just a little back story, I've been wanting to make this app since 2011. I always had the idea in my head and every time I saw someone give their phone to another person, I'd see how uncomfortable they get when the other person starts going through it. No one likes people going through their photos. After a few years of sitting on the idea, I told my friend who was making apps to make it for himself and I'll download it. He never made it and then I got talking to Sheldon and we decided to go through with it.

Sheldon's been great at making my idea come to life. I have a really good feeling about this whole idea and it would not be possible without him. Let us know what you think of the app!

Congrats on the release. Looks like a good execution of the idea.

Thank you sir! Tony is the brain behind the whole idea, I just decided to jump on the train. Hopefully all is well with VinWiki

Good idea, I don't give my phone to others to look at my photos I just simply turn it towards them if I want to show them a photo, I understand how annoying it would be if they started going through your photos, the only thing which would annoy me about using your app is the fact that you have to enter your password or Touch ID when coming out of the function, I am way too lazy for that but I do understand that's necessary, great job, good luck with it.

fcuking genius. Just last week I was embarrased when someone saw a picture not intended for public viewing.

Is it only available on IOS?

Will it be available on andoriod?

Right now it's only available on iOS but will be on Android shortly!

Awesome idea, wish you luck on the app. I've downloaded it and will put it to good use.

Thank you for your support!

Good idea, I don't give my phone to others to look at my photos I just simply turn it towards them if I want to show them a photo, I understand how annoying it would be if they started going through your photos, the only thing which would annoy me about using your app is the fact that you have to enter your password or Touch ID when coming out of the function, I am way too lazy for that but I do understand that's necessary, great job, good luck with it.

Yeah, that's what I used to do. I would just turn my phone but sometimes they still want to grab it. As far as the touch ID or Pass, if we didn't have that then that person could just unfreeze it themselves!

fcuking genius. Just last week I was embarrased when someone saw a picture not intended for public viewing.
Thanks! We've all been there haha. Hopefully this puts an end to that!

I just create another folder for photos I want to share. Seems to work well, but great idea.

Good idea , have you figured out how to monetize it

It is $.99. We feel that a dollar is a small price to pay for bringing privacy back to your photos.

How is it different from apples own hide functionality?

Apple's "hide" function is fairly useless. It hides some photos from albums and a few other places, but not your camera roll and many other high traffic locations. That and majority of people are unaware of it.

Thank you for all of the kind words, thoughts, and downloads. I know Tony and I appreciate all of the feedback!

Until Apple brings a in a free trial version I would highly recommend making a free version of the app and using an IAP to unlock premium functionality, or making a free trial version and linking to the paid fully functional version from there.

I tried to download it but was unable to since I'm still on iOS 9. Unless you use iOS 10 specific APIs that you cannot work around I would set deployment target to iOS 9.

Until Apple brings a in a free trial version I would highly recommend making a free version of the app and using an IAP to unlock premium functionality, or making a free trial version and linking to the paid fully functional version from there.

I tried to download it but was unable to since I'm still on iOS 9. Unless you use iOS 10 specific APIs that you cannot work around I would set deployment target to iOS 9.

We thought about that and still might play around with it, but the thought process was that there wouldn't be enough time to monetize it before Apple rips it off. Also, in the next coming weeks we're going to have some celebrity backing to help get the name out there.

And it should be live on iOS9 later tonight!

You have plenty of competition that offer free versions (that have gone through hundreds of updatss and revisions). I have used Keep Safe for years and it is very similar. I agree with Sprite. You need to offer a free version. It sucks that the usual protocol is to get people hooked, then roll in the ads and annoy everyone, THEN release the paid version that is ad free, but it is the best way to go. Hopefully your platform proves itself and takes off. Good luck with it!

You have plenty of competition that offer free versions (that have gone through hundreds of updatss and revisions). I have used Keep Safe for years and it is very similar. I agree with Sprite. You need to offer a free version. It sucks that the usual protocol is to get people hooked, then roll in the ads and annoy everyone, THEN release the paid version that is ad free, but it is the best way to go. Hopefully your platform proves itself and takes off. Good luck with it!

There are definitely tons of apps that allow you to hide photos, but none of them allow you to Freeze a photo in place. The Freeze function is the main feature. And the other apps that allow you to hide photos are all very sketchy in my opinion. Fake calculators, crazy UI's, etc. I just wanted something that felt very Apple, allowed you to hide photos without making it too obvious, and allow you to show people photos in public without them swiping through everything.

Good luck! I've used the 'crop the pic' to hide it. Turns out it shows normal size when phone is hooked to a laptop. Heh..